Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Re: [4th AASP] OOC Thread

Welcome to 4th fleet Kevyn. Happy to see you with us. Be sure to keep distance from Lisa, unless you want poor Ice to be dragged into bed by fleets biggest "adventure girl".

I'm starting to get the idea that Ice's most immediate impression of 4th Fleet is going to be 'why does everyone want to get into my pants?'. Being bunked with Laura is likely not going to help any. :lol:

Sigma said:
Laura: "Sergeant, if I didn't know any better, I'd say that someone is making clones of you...But none of them are as brilliant as I am."
Zyv walks in, stops and stares for a moment before retreating shouting something about the clones launching a coup.
Sigma said:
Looking for some good fleet mottos. So far, the best one I've heard that fits 4th Fleet and its emblem is:
With God, like thunder and lightning
I like this one. Sure deities usually aren't referred to but that shouldn't stop the word popping up now and again, should it?

I got:
"As thunderbolts from a clear sky"
Playing on what Sigma has:
"Heavens Wrath"
Referencing to various myths were lighting was seen as a divine punishment.
Or you know, "Youv'e been Thunderstruck"

Alexei: "Coup?" *Gives blank stare.*

Maybe we could use something like "Lead the way." or "Lightning strikes fast. We're faster."
I had the thought that either might be fitting since the 4th seems to be a more fast paced unit.
Just some suggestions.

We might go slightly funny too, make it more nepleslian like "To kick arses we march." Or something like that.

I'm trying to think of a good motto, but unfortunatley I can only think of something that's super cheesy and wouldn't make a very good motto. At all.

Also, hello there, new guy! I'm glad to have you aboard. :)

Kokuten said:
"On chariots of thunder we ride."
Laura: "But what's a Chariot?"

Phaedra: "You should study more military history. A Chariot is..."

*One long explanation later*

Laura: "Oh, of course! I knew that! I'm the most brilliant medic in the universe!"

I'm liking it. I'm only disappointed I didn't come up with it! :D
I was thinking something along those lines to kinda go along with the cavalry theme that Cavaliers brings to mind, as well as the fast as lightning theme.

But anything I think about riding lighting comes out corny.

GM Updates tomorrow. I promise.

Work and the wretched heat have been draining my brain all week.

Okay, to be clear. Phaedra's group. Bastilen, Lisa, Leon, Phaedra, Rayne, Bridget, Ulrich (the lone dude in the hall). In that order. So no one can move until the character ahead of them goes through the door.

Sigma said:
Okay, to be clear. Phaedra's group. Bastilen, Lisa, Leon, Phaedra, Rayne, Bridget, Ulrich (the lone dude in the hall). In that order. So no one can move until the character ahead of them goes through the door.

Thank you for clarifying that.

So how's this going to go down Sigma? Are Waylan and I going to be slotted right into the episode five ongoing combats? Or do we have something else that's going to go down before hand? I wants me some interaction dang it! ;)

You guys are gonna be packing up and getting your stuff packed away. I'll be throwing more NPCs at you. You'll be joining the squad once they finish the current boarding mission, which is 75% done. So we all know what's coming up next.

Alrighty, just wanted to know what the planned trajectory is. Why do I think that Ice's immediate future involves a few pissed off Jiyuuians? At least I'm doing a good job of setting her up as a bit of a prickly bitch with atrophied social skills. ;)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back