Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC 4th Fleet OOC Thread

Head hunter
Avalanche
Bandsaw
Black Sheep
Bloodhound
Challenger
Dagger
Firebrand
Firehawk
Firebird
Gundog
Gunhog
Hitman
Jackpot
Jackal
Iron Claw
Iron Cross
IronRod
Morningstar
Nighthawk
Outlaw
Outrider

I could go on if need be.

I had meant to post this sooner but for the foreseeable future (and part of the past) I will not be able to post reliably. If needed just use Zyv as an npc or put him in the retirement home or whatever.

Taking into account the performance of the K4 in the threads I've seen I think the most logical names for it is something along the lines of;

Flying Coffin
Tinderbox
Matchbox
Widow-maker
Die-young

You get the idea...

Since only three people have posted in the two threads, I wish to remind everyone that in this round, if you are in combat, you can determine (within reason) the outcome of your combat. If you're not in combat, you may move the plot along to a point where you feel comfortable.

Right, thanks for the reminder.

I have to admit I'm suffering from writer's block in regards to Stan; I seriously doubt you guys want to have another post where he wrings his hands and feels bad about his idiotic decision.

Ok. So Names.
Hover Tanks I'm gonna throw "Grav Hammer", the APCs I'd just call "drop boxes", and a SC2 shoutout for medical variant "Healbus".

So yeah Any of the Cav's that aren't busy with other garbage. Talbain just put a call out to follow him into the tunnels. Just follow the blood.

And Foxtrot's computer imploded so he'll probably be out for a while.

Got any wishlists for shotgun shells?

@Sigma:

Works for me. That teaches me not to post in the discussion and then read the main thread. :?

Post incoming tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. If I fail in that endeavour, feel free to dropkick me through a window or something at your nearest convenience.

I must unashamedly announce that I will not be available for the next 24 hours. Assassins Creed 3 just arrived in the mail and so i must go kill some Templars very sneakily. As they say, Deus Vult.

EDIT: Right. AC 3 sucks. Combat is so clunky that I die so often. And enemies can see through walls to detect you now so sneaking around isn't much fun. And the way they tried to integrate the American Revolution with the storyline... as a History BA, I hate it. But then, I also consider the Civil War to be the only interesting part about American history so...

I'll try to get a post in ASAP - I've just been really busy recently, so I haven't had the time to compose a post (hopefully tomorrow will bring a reprieve).

So the Minutemen are now in HtH combat. There are two options I will present to you.

1) You may write out the outcome of your fight and determine your win or loss. However, it must be a very good post that gives a play-by-play of how you overcame your opponent(s) or how they overcame you. Feel free to make it funny like having your character trip and thus losing or some such.

2) I can determine the results of your fight, as is normal. However, please let me know if that is what you want.

A reminder that I'll be giving out more rewards and bonuses at the end of the mission for people who have made consistently well-written posts. This is in addition to the usual bonuses for stuff your character accomplishes.

I'm willing to have you write out the after effects of my character's actions, I don't have much time to write out posts in many instances which is why so many of them are short.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back