• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: The Wayward A New Life (Ep 00)

Reed turned to face the newcomer. "If I am not mistaken she is a Gartagen." Replied Reed as he took in Shadow's massive size "and I believe you are an ID-Sol."

"that would be correct Nepleslian and we also have a Helashio and an Abrewhan though if we are finished identyfying species we might learn more names?"
grabbing a chair the ID-Sol sat himself next to the Gartagen because he was intrigued by this species he had not previously heard of.

Hugar looks between the new people whom had shown up, quite a diverse crew if he did say so himself, but he chuckled lightly. "I am Hugar. It is a pleasure to meet you guys."

Tanja chuckled a bit at how the conversation was going "Yes, names would be good. I am Tanja Dunst, captain of the Anbruch. It looks like I got a pretty nice turn out for applicants."

Embel looked at the man who sat by her then to all the others "well I am Rev'tock Embel, but please call me Embel because that is my first name" she smiled at the others "and yea big guy, I am a Gartagen and I am lavender not pink" she looked at the tall man "but considering your a man, I can over look your wrongness."

Tanja sat up straight and smiled as she looked at at the hopefuls. "Well I think this is all that's coming, so why don't we get down to business? How about we discuss the first mission. We'll use it to test out if you guys are really fit for this. So let's all head to the ship, this isn't the kind of business we can talk about here." She stood up and stretched lightly before starting to walk, motioning everyone to follow her.

Shadow stood up or more accurately stopped crouching onto the stool and followed his new captain without a word. There was work to be done.

Embel nodded to her new captain "sounds like a plan" she stood up and walked over to Tanja "where is the ship docked?" she hoped it was close so they didn't have to walk through everyone with their odd looking squad.

Reed stood up and retieved his cap, placing it back on his head. "Right then, lets see what I am going to get to work with." He said this half to himself, rubbing his hands in anticipation of being able to take to the skies once more.

"We're not that far away, I keep the ship in the port closest to here. But while we walk, I want to talk positions..." Tanja's tone changed slightly once she began speaking about handling the ship, it was more serious and clear, emphasizing the importance of what she was saying now. "On the bridge we have the helm, navigations, and operations. Navigation also handles are sensors, and right now operations handles the mining parts we have as well as weapons. We've also got the engineering and computer rooms. We need someone in engineering for sure though, the computer room is a bit less pressing."

Embel looked at Tanja "that is hard to explain, I have had many jobs, I can pilot a bit but don't think I am the most qualified for that, I think I can be a bodyguard on missions and when on the ship I can cook and clean, If that is acceptable" she smiled "fighting and domestic skills are probably my best skills." Embel chuckled and looked around "I have other skills but they may be the only ones that are useful for day to day life" she looked a head and sighed.

Reed returned to the group with his DataJockey in hand. He pulled up some information about Henkei Class and read a little before speaking up. "I can definitely pilot a Henkei Class ship." He said this confidently "How did you get the Anbruch, Cap?" He directed this question toward Tanja as he tucked the DataJockey under his arm.

Hugar followed them with a chuckle. "I am a biologist as I said, so outside of fighting which I'm pretty good at, I can handle anything biological so I'd probably be good in the science areas... Ohterwise I'm good at 'entertaining' and domestic duties as stated so I can do any of those by helping Embel when she needs it."

Tanja nods and looks between them all. "Okay that's not so bad we can work with that." She turned her attention to Reed first. "If you can fly her you're on Helm. And don't scratch her. I had to pay for her in full." She then turned to Embel and Hugar. "You two will be on cooking detail. But also, I want Hugar on navigation and sensors. And can you handle Operations Embel?" Lastly her attention turned to the large obsidian man. "Shadow right? Do you think you can handle engineering big boy?"

As they walked they made their way into the port through the windows they could see many different ships docked, one of which was a Henkei-Class, obviously the Anbruch as it was the only Henkei -class ship docked at this port. "Oh by the way, we have a Geboku droid on board, he takes care of simple cleaning and watches the ship when I'm gone, you'll have to all be registered as crew or he might shoot you when you're not looking. Also, on the ship we keep the main lights kind of low. I'm a Nightwalker as you all call it. And I'd rather not have to wear my goggles on the ship. Should be bright enough for you all to see fine though, and you can set the lights however you want in your cabins."

Now the group was in front of the airlock that lead to the ship and a new chapter in their lives.

Reed chuckled at the reponse, "Not one scratch? Look, if I scratch the paint on the Anbruch, I will personally go outside the ship and repaint said scratch at the soonest convienent time."

Shadow finally entering the conversation with a smile on his face "I can handle engineering as long as the robot does not shoot me." Shadow put away his datapad after looking at the specs of his new home. "but I don't want to be left out of a fight" he added.

Tanja chuckled once more as she opened the air lock and then glanced back to Shadow "Don't worry were not big enough to have some people not go on drops. And I'll make sure the Geboku knows you're fine." She then walks inside.

Once you step on the ship the first thing you would notice is the lighting, it is significantly darker inside the ship than within even the air lock. There is still enough light to see, but the levels are akin to evening. That is what happens after all when you have a Nacht Bewohner as a captain though. Upon looking around you'd notice that you came in at a mostly empty space for the air lock, but on the left hand side there is some fitness equipment all designed for use in space so they don't roll around or move in zero gravity.

"I'll show you all around the ship" She spoke as she lifted her goggles from her eyes, revealing the glowing blue orbs and began to walk headed for the front of the ship and through a door.

In front of them were many rooms marked as cabins going along the curve of the ship, and in the center was another room that she opened the door to so they could see inside. "This is the computer room. The ship's main computer is here, it mostly can take care of itself, so we don't have to have it manned, but while we're in flight I'll have the Geboku man this room for us just to make sure nothing horrible happens." She then points to the rooms marked as cabins. "And these are all double occupancy cabins, usually used for guest." She pointed to large tube like areas on either side of the curve "These are the escape pods, hopefully we wont need them."

She took the crew around the bend and back to where they came in and pass the airlock, pointing out the lockers behind the computer room as they went by. Behind the airlock and workout area was the medical bay. Upon looking inside they could see a small room with just one hospital bed and basic medical equipment and a desk for the resident doctor. "This is the medical bay, it's kind of small but it should be able to handle most our needs. The Geboku has basic first-aid knowledge, and there's a data pad with medical knowledge on it. But try not to take any major injuries."

She continued to walk down the bare halls heading to the read of the ship where they first came to a large room with a few containers and tracks to move them along for assistance. The space took up both the lower and upper floors and on the ceiling a crane could be seen. "This is the cargo bay, there isn't much explaining needed for that is there?"

Moving along she made her way into a room that was noticeably hotter than the rest of the ship, not to the point that it was bad, just that it was warmer. The ships Aether generators and fusion reactors were present in this room, and above on the second deck was a cat walk. "And this is engineering. Behind this room we have the shuttle bay, which a modified Onset shuttle in bay. We shouldn't need it for what we're about to do though." With that she made her way out of engineering and back into the main hall where she took stairs up to the second floor of the ship.

The second floor was a bit different in terms of lay out, there was no large open space in the central section so the hall, though the same size, felt more narrow and cramped. Resting above the medbay was the Wardroom, and above the empty space was the Galley, both rooms Tanja did not feel the need to explain what they were since they clearly were labeled and basic rooms. She headed to the front of the ship once more but stopped this time pointing out the locker once again.

"On the lower deck the locker I showed you was full of environmental suits. But this locker is where weapons will be kept. I already have some guns in there, but you guys keep your guns in here too. I will allow secondaries to stay on your person, but no one is walking around the ship with rifles in hand alright? If we're about to be boarded then you can get them, or if we're heading out. Otherwise keep it small." She then heads to the front section of the ship.

The upper deck front looked much like the lower deck, cabins lining the curve of the ship and escape pods on either side of the curve and of course a room in the center. "These cabins are single occupancy and meant for crew. Unless some of you already got the hots for each other and want to do some 'cohabiting' in the double occupancy." She giggled at that and put her hand on a biometric panel before she moved into the room marked 'Bridge' at the center.

The bridge was hexagonal in shape with a minimalist design. Three stations in the front with a fourth behind them, obviously the captain's station. Standing in the middle of the room was a Geboku droid with an assault rifle in arms looking rather imposing with his stiff unnatural face. He looked at Tanja and then saluted, lowering his rifle to a resting position. At the back of the room were several lockers for bridge equipment and parts, and on the front wall were monitors that could display many things, but were primarily for the ships heading.

"Geboku, these are new crew members, save them to your memory. You can stop your security mode as well." Tanja spoke to the droid, which merely nodded in reply and walked off to put away it's weapon.

Tanja turned to the crew at that and smiled, "This is the Anbruch, your new home."

Embel looked at Tanja and nods "that sounds fine, I will try my best for you".

Embel smiled as she was taken around the the ship and looked around making sure she made a note of all the rooms and where they were as she listen to her captain, when she heard about the weapons she removed her rifle put it in a locker, she liked her home away from home and looked at the others "well I am happy to share with any of you, just ask me if you want to" she swished her tail as she walked.

Hugar nodded towards Tanja and smiled a bit. "I will do the job proudly, Cap'n."

He followed Tanja and the others looking around and learning the ins and outs of the ship in question and taking it all in. He took his spear, and weapons and put them inside his locker when they got to them. He stretched a bit and looked at Embel tilting his head a bit and chuckled lightly. "Well since it seems we'll be working together perhaps it would be best to share a room together." He said idly, perhaps with an intent? Not really, he just seemed to like Embel, she's very interesting.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back