• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: The Wayward A New Life (Ep 00)

Embel looked over at Hugar "sounds good~, your an interesting guy I can see us having a lot of fun" she smiled happily and looked at the others "hmm so lets get this baby flying and go for our first mission" she felt excited and looked at Hugar "lets go find a room them, I'm sure we will get the best one."

"Well hold up before you go off." Tanja spoke up, sounding a little excited herself. "Since we're all here, let's talk about what our mission is going to be." She tapped what looked like a watch on her wrist as a holographic display was brought up. It showed a planet on it that was labeled as Tami. "We've been requested to head to the planet Tami Origin Industries previously had a base there. Our employer wants us to head there and collect any information or even products we can get on Origin. They plan to try to use it to get the leg up on them in the market."

Throughout the tour Reed nodded appreciatively as he was shown the rest of the Anbruch. As they passed the crew quarters Reed made a mental note to claim Cabin 6. When the new crew of the Anbruch arrived on the bridge Reed spoke up with a clear note of approval in his voice. "Well Captain, this is a fine ship you got here. I'll be looking forward to flying her."

He listened as Tanja explained their first job. It sounded simple but he had one question. "The Yamatai Star Empire has held that system for 2 years. Surely Origin Industries has already had more than enough time to retrieve everything of value."

Last edited:
Hugar pauses a moment thinking quietly on the mission. "Interesting...Alright, I don't have any problems with that." He shifted a bit seeming to go into a thinking mode, recalling all he's learned about the Tami System and the planet. "The planet is mostly forest, so we should be prepared for biological issues and moist heat mostly, we should also read up on what type plants they have in case we have to survive on the planet for a bit. We know the air is breathable, and I know for fact that there are some inhabited places there, though not as much as Yamatai... We should also be wary of animals... Out of curiosity, how many of you have experience surviving in nature?" He looks around at the people here.

Embel looked down "I'm sorry I don't, well I know how to survive with nothing in cities but I doubt it it help" she looked at Hugar "I'll take our stuff to one of the duel rooms them, while everyone prepares to leave, I will come up after it." Embel picks up the bags she and Hugar had then mad her way towards the duel cabins happily, she would rather share to help her loneliness of being away from her family.

"Well we shouldn't need too much in the way of survival skills hopefully. If we do though Hugar, you can give us a hand with that. We're going to try to land the ship as close to the establishment as we can, but you'll quickly learn in this business, there's no such thing as a milk run. That's why I only want crew that know their way around a gun...don't want to see you guys getting captured or anything like that." Tanja's voice dropped slightly at that last part, loosing a bit of her usual strength.

Hugar's ears twitch a bit noting the loss of strength and pauses a moment giving Tanja a look of similar sadness. Before he took a breath. "I'd die before I let any slavers or enemies take any of you hostage. You can count on that." He says pounding his chest with his fist in an attempt to reassure Tanja.

Reed rolled his eyes at Hugar's last statement. As if slavers would try to attack a ship on a planet only 6 LY away from the YSE capital. It would most likely be something far less dramatic. Something like armed glitchy androids. Turning his attention back to Tanja. "I'll go put my gear in Cabin-A-6. " He began to walk to the door but paused and called back to the rest of the crew. "A word of advice, you might want to make sure your belongings are secured to something bolted to the floor before we take off." And with that, he left the bridge and started off toward his new cabin.

Last edited:
Hugar watched Reed roll his eyes, and took a breath, people like that would never understand the horrors of slavery, or the effect it has on the mentality of a person. So he doesn't bother addressing the comment and looks at Tanja giving her a light bow, then pauses a moment before speaking since they were alone. "I take it you've experienced the same horror I have." He says that in a slight mutter, in case anyone would be idly listening.

Tanja paused at Hugar's question and then looked him over. He was a Helashio so it wasn't hard to figure out what he was getting at after the comment she had just made. She then let out a sigh and looked up at him so she was looking him in the eyes. Her voice had regained it's stronger tone and energy as she spoke. "Hugar, like I said, space is not that friendly of a place. I made the mistake of thinking I could tackle it on my own." She moved over to the captains station and sat down in the chair. "Do not worry though this assignment shouldn't have the same problem."

Embel came back up to everyone and smiled "its all done Hugar" she looked at the room then went to her station "so what have I missed?" she turned to face everyone and smiled sweetly "I hope it was nothing important."

Hugar looks over at Tanja and nods. "I'll protect us if it does." Then he looked over at embel and smiled a bit. "You're very efficient, I like that." He chuckled lightly and pat her on the shoulder. "But no you didn't miss anything important, just me and the cap'n talking about something." He thought for a moment, and if Embel was perhaps perceptive enough she'd see a hint of sadness in his eyes before he said. "I hope you found us the best room here!"

Tanja looks over to Embel as she comes back "You did not miss much, I was just explaining how space is no place to let your guard down. But Hugar said he'd protect you and your backside for sure." She giggled a little at that, obviously part of it was a joke, the question just becomes which part. Since she was relaxing now she reached at her clothes but then paused remembering she has a crew now. "And I can't walk around without pants any more." She decided just to take off her jacket now and hang it on the back of her chair.

Embel nodded to the two others and smirked at Tanja "I wouldn't mind if you were walking around without pants" she laughed and looked around "well that is just me, I used to do the same thing while at home." Embel smiled as she looks over her equipment "well I think being the only women here, we need to stick together" she giggled and started to work looking over all the systems "so my job is to check everything is running properly and also the weapons? Sorry, I have never done operations before, I can do it just never have been asked to" she looked down feeling useless that she had to ask.

Tanja smiled at Embel's reply. "It might be too stimulating for the rest of the crew though." At her question though Tanja stood up and walked over to her console. "Yes that's the basics of it. You have weapon controls here, and you have basic systems checking here." As she spoke she showed her each menu, and she didn't seem bothered by it, actually she seemed to be enjoying it. "Also, the modules the controls to them default to this console. They're nothing complicated though, when you're using them though I'll be monitoring basic systems from the captain's console."

Embel smiled and nodded "thank you Captain, I owe you one, maybe I'll make sure your meal is better than the others" she said jokingly "or something else, guessing you will hold me to that till you have need of it" she smiled happily as she read over all the information making sure that it was all in working order without anything wrong, realising that the Captain was still right beside her. Embel looked at the Captain "seems like all is in order according to this, lets hope there isn't a glitch in the system" she giggled "if there is I will sort it out ma'am."

Hugar crossed his arms a bit and felt a little unlucky that Tanja would not be walking around without pants, though he figured since he's rooming with Embel he'll probably see enough half-naked woman... still though. He looked a little disappointed. He shook that off and moved to follow them idly, he sure did want to protect Embel's backside, and Tanja's too, and even that nice looking red head, all of them were nice and good people, and pretty too. He stopped and listened to Tanja explain things to Embel, learning as he listened.

Silently following the group through the tour finally spoke up "You may do whatever makes you feel comfortable, I believe i will take room 3 it seems to be comfortable."walking toward the room he stopped suddenly at the door and asked "does it count as a small arm if it is small to me?"

"It's in your hands then Embel." Tanja smiled and straightened up, stretching a little and smirking at Shadow. "So you want to see me in my panties too huh?" She took Hugar to his station and was about to question him on operating it when Shadow spoke up again. "No rifles big boy. Big weapons stay locked up to make it harder for any accidents to happen with them."

She turned her attention back to Hugar "Do you know how to work your station?"

Embel continued to work happily and made sure everything was working properly and there was no glitches in the systems, she mummbled something about wanting to see Tanja in only panties but hoped no one heard her as it would of been weird and made her super embarrassed. Embel looked over at Shadow "sorry big boy only pistol's are allowed, I hope you like it in engineering I'll bring you food if you don't come up for it, okay?"

RPG-D RPGfix
Back