• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

SACN [Admirals Only] Star Army Command Chatroom

To: Taisho Ketsurui Yui

Taisho Yui,

We are mobilizing a reaction force of 200 ships, they are en-route to the 2nd Squadron's location. We are at an eta of 1h:52m:50s, be advised that with this travel time we will better fit a role of re-enforcement fleet if the situation goes live. I am suggesting you have another fleet locally react.

Honor and glory,
Endo Shizuka
Taisho, Eighth Standard Fleet

To: Taisho Ketsurui Katsuko

Taisho Katsuko,

We are en-route to your location in Cellondora, standing by to coordinate fleet operations.

Honor and glory,
Endo Shizuka

Taisho Yui-sama,

I have taken my feet to reclaim its headquarters port in the Tami system. We thank the Fifth Fleet for its delicate reconquest of the system and ridding of the Mishhu infestation, but it is high time for the Ninth to return home. My finest have been waiting.

All glory to the Empire,
Hokusai Akiyo
Taisho, Ninth Standard Fleet

To: Taisho Hokusai Akiyo

Taisho Hokusai Akiyo,

It is with great disappointment that I can honestly say, I have never had the pleasure of meeting you. However I must congradulate you on your recent victories, it seems that your battle prowess is worth great note. I believe that my fleet could learn a great deal from your tactics and experience. So with that said, I have a humble proposition for you.

I believe in this time of calm peace, with no immediate enemies crashing down on our gates. That we should best optimize our time and work on our skills so we are prepared for whatever the next horizon brings. So keeping with the spirt of this belief, I propose a meeting. To discuss the possibility of a series of war-games, because as I'm quite sure you know... There is no training superior to that of being face to face with a live enemy.

In good-will and friendship,
Endo Shizuka

Taisho Endo-san,

Yes, my battle prowess is indeed great and awe-inspiring, but I must confess that the Ninth has seen very little meaningful combat. I've heard tales of your skill at command, though, so I'd like to see you in action. Something small perhaps — just because we feel safe doesn't mean the Mishhu are driven out just yet!

So, where shall we meet to flesh out this grand idea? Your place or mine? Let's do this.

All glory to the Empire,
Hokusai Akiyo

To: Taisho Ketsurui Katsuko (7SF)

Katsuko: Now that the incident is dealt with, you are free to resume your conquest of NMX-controled worlds. Their forces are currently withdrawing so there's not a lot of resistance. You should be able to take the Darso system without any trouble.

Rika: Please take the Koenic system at the same time the 7th Fleet takes Darso.

fetch.php

STAR ARMY OF YAMATAI
SEVENTH STANDARD FLEET

YSS Densetsu.

To: Taisho Ketsuru Yui

OFFICIAL

Orders received. YSS Densetsu and 7th Standard Fleet will respond as directed.

Signed,
Ketsurui Katsuko, Taisho
Commander, 7th Standard Fleet

fetch.php

STAR ARMY OF YAMATAI
SEVENTH STANDARD FLEET

YSS Densetsu.

OFFICIAL

The Daro System has been liberated. The Seventh Fleet has been victorious and has driven the NMX out.

Code:
 Report.sdoc

We have taken a few losses, nothing that can not be replaced. However our aged Star Fortress, Hotaru is in need of an overhaul. The stresses of continual mobilization combined with the improvements made by Yaichiro, older systems and recent battle damage have created a cascade of system failures. We are requesting to return to Yamatai for a few weeks so that the overhaul can be made and the fleet replenished. If possible I would like to schedule a meeting with you during our layover.

As I transmitted in recent reports, the NMX subject identifying herself as Angelica has once more surfaced. This time with evidence that she has the YSS Yuurei and several captured SAoY personnel in her holdings. Once our repairs are complete, I would like to pursue this Angelica individual so that we can ensure that she cannot continue to be a threat to the Empire.

Signed,
Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Katsuko, Taisho

To: Taisho Ketsurui Katsuko (7SF)

That is fine. Get back in action as soon as you can. While you've got downtime, make sure you replace any obsolete ships in your fleet.

fetch.php

STAR ARMY OF YAMATAI
SEVENTH STANDARD FLEET

YSS Densetsu.

OFFICIAL

Thank you Mistress-Taisho, I look forwards to seeing you. This is my first trip back to Yamatai in a long time. I am updating Luna Bianca of our intended schedule, so that the Hotaru overhaul and repairs are completed swiftly. I have my staff reviewing our current vessel roster and all obsolete vessels will be replaced.

Signed,
Ketsurui-Motoyoshi Katsuko, Taisho

To: Taisho Shizuka Endo

Give me some updates on Koenic.

fetch.php

To: Star Army Command
Cc: Ketsurui Yui-Taisho
Subject: Fleet assignment

Yui-sama,

With the Mishhuvurthyar menace continually diminished to little more than a periphery threat and the Ninth Fleet's home port restored, I request my forces be given a new mission and purpose moving into this glorious new year. I look forward to your decision, whatever it is.

However, because of the Ninth's disposition toward scouting, information gathering, and counter-insurgency operations, I suggest our best use would be traversing the unknown systems to Yamatai and the Abwehran Star Empire's east. During the Battle of Yamatai, the Ninth was shamefully away hunting members of the Independent Worlds League. The opportunity to finish what we started and restore our pride woud be the greatest honor of all.

All glory to the Empire,
Hokusai Akiyo

To: Taisho Hokusai Akiyo

If you can stamp out the IWL, by all means do that. Yamatai could use one less enemy to worry about.

To: All
Re: IWL

The prosecution of the IWL should not be undertaken with blind zeal. Many of their members may be citizens of foreign powers. Whatever legal grounds for we may possess with Imperial citizens may not be recognized by foreign governments. We do not want to risk a diplomatic affair with the Gartagens or the Nepleslians.

I would also like clarification on what our intentions would be if the IWL has bases in foreign territory. It is clear that it is easy enough for them to relocate to systems outside of our jurisdiction and launch their operations from there. We cannot, for example, send a task force into Nepleslian space without risking war.

Operations on HX-13 are progressing slowly. NMX positions are well entrenched and hidden. Infantry operations are reduced to a battle of attrition. Additional legions may be necessary as XII Legion cannot sustain these losses if combat operations carry as they are. Otherwise, Hanako Cluster is effectively pacified and we control the space lanes.

It is my intention to destroy the IWL whereever it may be. We are at war with them. If they think they can hide behind other nations, they are wrong.

If we need to attack IWL assets in another nation, we shall first attempt to go after them through diplomatic channels. Either the nation will deal with them, or allow us to enter and deal with them. If not, the nation is assisting them through its inaction and we have already declared war on those that assist the IWL. Therefore any country that willingly allows the IWL to reside there is an enemy of Yamatai.

Signed,

Ketsurui Yui
Commander, Star Army of Yamatai

Surely those are policies which require the approval of the Senate, or at least Her Majesty, the Empress? Has Her Majesty given her approval to wage a war of extermination?

And isn't this a job for SAINT rather than our fleets? We attack shadows with battleships and legions. It is distinctly... Nepleslian in style.

Taisho Kurita

I would have expected a peer so esteemed as you, Kurita-san, to be familiar with the Ninth's — and indeed all of our Empire's fleets' — table of organization and doctrine. Please review our force disposition. Of all the great units and formations in the Star Army, the Ninth is perhaps the best suited force to face unconventional foes like the IWL. Indeed: it's our specialty.

A squadron from the First Expeditionary once provided me transport across Yamataian space. Their motto was, "When your enemies do not fear death, you must make your enemies fear you." The tenacity and mindset behind those words struck me and remain a central part of the Ninth's strategy to this day.

We fight like them. And that is why we will be victorious.

Please save your political criticisms for another day. The Star Army investigators advising myself and my captains do a sufficient job in identifying legal targets and clearing them for engagement.

All glory to the Empire,
Hokusai Akiyo

Forgive this old man for having more pressing concerns than memorizing the pups who run the fleets. And forgive this old man when he says that he does not take lip from a kitten young enough to be his daughter. Children these days have no respect for their elders. You should set a good example.

My political concerns remain unaddressed. My criticism is hardly unfair. I do not care two bits about what your advisors say. If any of the other nations, especially Nepleslia, consider this to be a second genocide, we could find ourselves in a second galactic war.

Are our food supplies stable enough to withstand another war? Are you prepared to invade the Gartagen Union, the Lorath Matriarchy or the Nepleslians if they refuse to agree to our requests? Are you prepared to start another long war? If the answer is yes, then I need to know that this is sanctioned by the highest authority in the Empire.

Stand down, Kurita-san. We may both be taisho, but I would remind you that time in grade determines seniority and I have been in command of the Ninth for far longer than you have the Twelfth. You will address me with respect. I am confident Yui-taisho issues my orders and yours with the full authority of the Empress and this empire.

Politics are beneath officers of our caliber.

All glory to the Empire,
Hokusai Akiyo

To: ALCON
Frm: Taisho Morioka Naoko

Petty discussions on a high priority channel are beneath officers of our caliber and I would suggest, humbly, that any further dialogue of a nature that is not concerning orders, advents, or notifications be confined to personal dialogue over a less secure, professional, and important channel. Senior or not, this present discussion is unseemly and should not be continued.

R,

Morioka Naoko, Taisho
Tenth Standard Fleet

RPG-D RPGfix
Back