• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 February and March 2024 are YE 46.2 in the RP.

Alliance of the Black Sun

Actually, that 'magical' bit of it has been fading away over the years. Previously, actual magic and psionics were present, but were either phased out or outright banned in the case of magic. And I'm not talking about nanotech fooling people into thinking it's magic either, I'm talking actual magic.

I'm just talking about it in general since it was brought up Raz. Previously, the use of both psionics and magic was much more unrestricted. You had pyrokinesis and magic force fields blocking bullets back in the day.

EDIT: Who had fun with Pyrokinesis in Bioshock?

back in the day.
Oh, you're talking about that fabled time when nobody but Wes was part of Star Army and it wasn't even really Star Army yet. My bad. All of the recent posts here heavily suggested you wanted to see the magic's return, which I frankly wouldn't put past you guys to try and pull.

No, what I have in mind is something different from that Raz, this is just conversation. And that's correct Ame, we don't need it to have a space-opera, but it can definitely be used to success in one, as Star Wars showed. Relax guys, I'm not going to summon some Iromakuanhe space-genie out of a lamp. Even though she'd look really nice if Shantae is any indication.

I was just trying to make conversation, but I want it to be noted a space opera can be many things, and there's nothing wrong with the way the setting is currently.

Fluff fluff.

I've never made it a secret; I'm actually a fantasy writer at heart. ;3
My mom's a fantasy writer. Her books are all girls with big swords and magical necklaces killing those that want to usurp them from thrones made for magical girls only. She goes to cons with her books and sells them there, which is a fun way for her to get fans and was actually President of Redacted Writers of America before moving to Scotland b/c she is a true fantasy writer and needed to "location scout and meet her UK fans"...

I... Strayed from that path, obviously. So it will be cool to closely read a magical girl story, again.

You already told me to read it awhile ago and I did. I followed it closely after that.

Oh, you're talking about that fabled time when nobody but Wes was part of Star Army and it wasn't even really Star Army yet.
You kidding? We were all part of the site at that time. You don't remember Cora's famous shield or the other wizarding that went on? You joined around my time, so you had to have seen that.

Also, those rules might seem clear, and they are -- from a PvP standpoint, as well as from a position of "you're not willy-nilly going to abuse the place."

However, the beauty of science fiction and fantasy, even when it has rules, is that the only thing that limits how to get from point A to point B is your creativity.

I'm really enamored with this now, and while it may be some time before I get involved, the premise is fresh, and I really look forward to seeing where it goes.

Also, That music thooooooooooo

Do I did the google quote thing. I did it for the following names.

Alliance of the Black Sun

Alliance of the Black Star

Each of those names only drew up one hit each. The first one was Darth Mauls Wiki Page, where it references an idea of the Alliance of the Black Sun, but no further information because it was in regard to his alliance with a group call the black sun

The second is also starwars, which is talking about an alliance between the rebels and the Black Star, but still no actual full faction named "Alliance of the Black Star". It was more so a... Temporary thing from what I am reading.

Wording, of course, is everything because Black Star/Sun Alliance brings up a bunch of Sci-Fi MMO's and such.

The BSA now has a Chat room in the forum's chat.

The name can be changed, I think, if the name does indeed change. I understand there's a poll going around for that.

Come visit us.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back