• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Alliance of the Black Sun

Can you explain the meaning behind this? Your words heavily imply that we are infringing on the hard work and dedication of the boy scouts because our alliance happens to use the same Acronym. This isn't boy scouts Ame. We rent an after school program, we are a Sci-Fi fantasy political government. I don't think anyone is going to look at the Black Sun Alliance and go "Wow, this reminds me of the Boy Scouts". If they do, then we are doing something very wrong.

I wasn't referring to you guys infringing on the Boy Scouts, no.

Can you explain the meaning behind this? Your words heavily imply that we are infringing on the hard work and dedication of the boy scouts because our alliance happens to use the same Acronym.

I think you misunderstood her... Like how you seem to be, not to shame for using a good idea, going with the same kind of melting pot style and spirit as the USO

I think you misunderstood her... Like how you seem to be, not to shame for using a good idea, going with the same kind of melting pot style and spirit as the USO

I would rather say we are emulating Task Force Lantern or Scythe on a larger scale. Y'all seem to have this idea that Zack and USO trail blazed the format but he didn't. I've heard all sorts of people explain it and the dots don't connect with that impression.

Damn, that was the most topical that gif was ever going to be. For the record, I posted Steven Colbert eating popcorn with the 3d glasses.

I like to think that the besmerched here are being classier than those smerching. It will certainly be interested to see if this Vekimen-led-alliance can retain players and activity long term, especially once the Alliance runs into my desperate coalition of warrior-prostitute races.

(FOR THE WHORE'D!)

I got Ame's reference.

Yes, we're not intending to steal things from Nepleslia. The base of the new faction will be a couple of factions with their own gear and everything. Worst we're going to do is pick up some old ship designs from way back and revamp them, and we're probably going to have to argue tooth and nail to do it, but it isn't the biggest priority. The stuff we worked on there, that we can take, well, that's up to the people who control those assets if they want to move them or not, but that's their work so it's hard to blame them.

I've been harsh in my criticism, but I don't blame Ame or Gunhand anymore. If anything, now that we know where we stand, we're in a good position to be friends again, though with some of the things I've said to or about both of you, I realize that might be a while in coming. In the short term, no - we're not trying to steal your thunder. We've just got our own to throw out now. ;3

Alright guys. I'm doing an interest check to see if anyone is interested in a mercenary/pirate plot, The Crimson Corsairs. Our very first order of business will be stealing a ship, with our own crew consisting of people from all walks of life being recruited for this purpose by a currently unknown party. Though we won't feature power armor all the time, but it's damn important! Ex-military is preferred, but anyone who knows how to fight or support the team is welcome.

This will be a rough and tumble plot that'll have moments of seriousness, and the occasional laugh.

I'm confused.

I thought we had nepleslian plots, with nepleslian players and all, actually experience a schism and end up in this new faction.

But now, reading the above post, all the current Nepleslian plots just stop, with all the participants starting fresh in the new faction?

I'm confused.

I thought we had nepleslian plots, with nepleslian players and all, actually experience a schism and end up in this new faction.

But now, reading the above post, all the current Nepleslian plots just stop, with all the participants starting fresh in the new faction?

Scythe was an independent 3rd party working very closely with Nepleslia and initially believed to be a part of the Nepleslian police force.

Interregnum, we are writing the schism now.

Sledge Mama, *Shrugs*

That sums it up I think. Interregnum and Scythe are currently going through the schisms that break them off, but since Sledge Mama had been on hiatus, I'd rather start up something new and get into the action rather than adjusting course with the plotline and taking a lot more time.

I honestly hope you can write something canonically convincing that isn't too wide in scope, since the OOC break was entirely out of nowhere. That is to say: there haven't really been IC events to motivate an IC "schism." Are the IPG guys just going to get tired of having to answer to Mama Nep and decide to be the insane, murderous pirates all IPG agents are at heart?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back