• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Kennewes Offensive [Alpha Squad] The Hammer Falls

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davis

Inactive Member
Koenig808 said:
Post subject: [Alpha Squad] The Hammer Falls
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:18 am

"The fuck are you two putting your clothes back on? We're heading out soon, damn it!" Ran smirked at Cheza at the full package comment, and made sure that there was no shrinkage of anything due to the fact he still was dressed only in boxers. "Cheza, make those fuckers work as fast as they can. Benji, hurry the fuck up and get anything cleared up, now." Ran popped his back, sporting those totally awesome tattoos. "You all know our mission, right? Amphibious assault, Water Treatment Plant, yadda yadda yadda." Ran put a final cigarette into his mouth before this mission would start.

"Chances are, the Reds have every fuckin' inch of that coast pre-sighted, so as soon as we hit the coach, we KEEP MOVING. I don't want anyone of us to fuckin' stop for anything." Ran then knelt down and started to pick up the numerous pain cans around his WATER2. "You all know basic squad techniques. Flanking, serpentining, leapfrogging, right? You'd fuckin' better. We're gonna need them." Ran had really no idea about the capabilities of any of these new guys, so he was being as cautious as possible.

"Hurry the fuck up, guys." Seeing the last of the modifications made to his WATER2, Ran simply got up into the PA, taking the SBR and fitting the Antimatter charges that the techs wheeled over to him.
Luca said:
Post subject: Re: [Alpha Squad] The Hammer Falls
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:29 am

As quickly as he'd put his clothing on, Henry had taken it off and jumped back into his P.A with all of the new gear attached to it, ready for action.
"It's showtime." Henry opened up a comm. channel with Ran and waited for his next order. However, that one liner he used and the voice he had didn't quite go together, sounding rather odd, "Your move, cadet."
Cipher said:
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:01 pm

"You said it, Henry." Will had un-dressed again and slipped into the cold, metallic bosom of the Power Armor customized by him.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:04 pm

"My move? We need to wait until I get an idea when exactly the drop is and until everyone gets suited up." Ran moved his WATER2's arms around a bit, just getting used to how the PA moved, still. The idea of an amphibious up a coastal area was rather daunting for him, since in all his career as a Marine, Ran had never done this before. But, he figured, it would be like assaulting any heavily defended position. Just keep moving, hit their sides, and get vicious up close.

"Ally." Ran turned the loudspeaker on to a low volume. "I need an ETA on how long until we drop. Also, I'd like some topographic maps of the area and what type of troop strength we can expect, if possible." Ran's WATER turned to Harrison, "Harrison, you and Benji are on fire support. That means you cover the rest of us as we advance, then when we advance, we cover you. That's how this will work." He then turned to Kokuten, who he had just noticed walked in. "Kokuten, I'm guessing you'll be with us. In that case, I want you to stay away from the front and keep close to Harrison. I don't want you as a medic killed."
Kokuten said:
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:47 am

"As long as I have sight of the wounded, sir." Kokuten said as he was slipping into his WATER2. "But I'll try to keep my head down in most cases. Just to be advised, I will not break my position until I hear the magic word."

Of course, Kokuten was refering to the age old call, 'Medic!'. Each power armor pilot had the option on turning on a medical beacon that would signal the nearest designated Medic.

The Chiaki trotted over to Will as he made a system's check on his armor. He raised the armor's left hand at the man, and the extended the very same hand for a shake.

"We've met before, but I best introduce myself proper since you're going to be watching my ass. Sergeant Kokuten Gaiasis Chiaki the 5th, at your service." Kokuten said in a warm voice, with a smile hidden behind his nerimium mask.
Cipher said:
Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:55 am

Harrison's mechanized headplate nodded in response, the PAL slung over his shoulder, barrel pointed back towards the wall, stock forward.

"William Howard Harrison. Ex-mercenary. Vice versa, Kokuten. And don't worry, I'll have your ass covered."
Evangeline said:
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 12:06 pm

She winked at Ran's smirk and ignored the comment made by Henry, finding it ignorant on his part that he didn't realize she was poking fun at them, and that it wasn't something to take offense to. She wasted no time stepping back into her WATER2 as it was returned to her and awaited further instructions.
Davis said:
Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:00 pm

ON> NSS Alliance
"Attention all Marines," Ally said over the PA system. "The NSS Alliance will be entering an Interdiction Field being generated around Kennewes in 5 minutes. Estimated time to arrival in extreme low orbit is 32 minutes, 15 seconds. I will be adjusting deployment speeds so that all power armors land within their designated deployment zones. Be ready to deploy within half an hour."

"You heard the lady! Final systems checks! Thanks to Keats here, you now have no reason to fuck up in the water! Look over the notes that he scribbled up and try to fucking remember them!" Stromm barked over the squad's communication line. He looked around, seeing the other squads in the vicinity, the Sergeant got a thought.
"We'll be going down into one hell of a firefight, I suggest you go talk to anyone you'll miss that's in another squad." Stromm said, in a more solemn tone.

Autumn almost came to complete stop in corridor when she heard the new announcement. She frowned and then proceeded to run, double-time towards the armor bay ahead of the large ID-SOL and the floating Yamataian who were accompanying her.

Uso let out a large yawn as she continued her stretching, raising her hands high above her head to work out a few kinks before removing her uniform jacket. This left her in the uniform tan pants and a small light green shirt that clung to her upper body. Her arms then moved out in front of her so she could pop her fingers, then her shoulders, then her neck, with deliberate jerks of her arms and careful placement of her hands.
With her own system checks out of the way she moved onto the NDI Quantaconstruct pad to have an M1 Super Phalanx built around her body.

"Yes sir." Gran responded, his HUD popping up dozens of simultaneous tests and configurations. He ran them all quickly and proficiently, each one ending with a green 'GO'. He thought about the few people he had talked to. Most of them would be down there with him. He wasn’t gonna let them die and he knew they were gonna do the same for him.

"Stelshen, you ever been in underwater combat before?" Stromm asked the woman, hoping her battle experience would come into play.

"Unfortunately my experience with exploding things is limited to an oxygen environment." Uso replied, using her suit’s speaker systems. "But I assume it will be just like fighting in any other environment. Be careful with your ECM and sensor use, scout with drones, and don’t get shot."

The Geshrin armorer finally arrived in the Power Armor bay and proceeded to look around for her squad mates. Autumn's eyes were shining brightly in excitement as she saw the bustle of activity of her fellow Marines as they prepared for the drop. She held for breath for a moment, she was excited and terrified all at once to be getting a chance to fight the Reds.

"Ow. Watch it boy." Kagura winced, her shoulder still a bit sore but not as much as before. It must've been the alcohol in her blood making her nerves sensitive for whatever reason. In a moment as she got hauled out of her medbay she balled a fist and lashed out, slugging Gyles hard in the shoulder and pulled her arm away and continued toward the armor bay, adjusting the dark blue bodysuit that was still showing. "Humph."

Gyles clenched his teeth when the marine hit him. "Jeez... I was just-" The tech sentry exclaimed as he rubbed his shoulder, trying to numb the pain a little. It wasn't couldn't be as bad as one of his migraines, but there where many other sensations he'd rather be experiencing. This woman could hit. He shot her an amused look, still wincing a little from the hit. "Hey... I need that arm for things: like fixing that arm of yours. Oh... hold on...I grabbed that sensitive shoulder, didn't I?"

Uso pointed her EM-9L at one of the nearby power armors, checking the sights and then saying, "PEW PEW!" Loudly.

Stromm raised a brow at Uso from behind his nerimium mask. "Woman, are you stable?" He asked her.

Uso turned towards Stromm, pointing the EM-9L at him instead of one of the random power armors, "I’m sorry, would you prefer I go ‘ZAP ZAP ZAP!’ instead?"

Henry was in the Power Bay, ready for when he was sent to do what he was trained to do. He was in a calm state of mind as he cradled the LBR in his hands and watched the other marines flow into the Power Armor bay. This was his first chance to get some real combat into him using his WATER2. He fondly remembered the Kestrel for a moment as he waited for everyone else to get suited up and launch.

Kokuten had finished talking with William and looked around, he had met some of the others before, but there was one that seemingly kept to himself. "Hey there!" Kokuten called over to Henry, "I don't believe we really introduced each other." He held out a hand for a shake.

Unable to spot Rico or the others, Autumn gravitated towards Kokuten when she heard him shout. She yelled with a smile and a wave as she jogged over to the medic, "Sergeant Chiaki!"

Henry looked over to his Medic, Kokuten. He seemed to have the same sort of predicament with the eyes. He extended an armored arm and received his Handshake.
He activated a speaker on his WATER2, "I am - Henry Morris." His quivery voice seemed to do the job of telling a bit about his character, "You're the - medic. Correct?"

"Yes, I'm one of the Medical Officers of the ship. Kokuten Gaiasis Chiaki the 5th, at your service." He nodded at him, but through mid-shake he heard Autumn call towards him. "Hello there, Soldier Wilde!" Kokuten answered warmly to her, trying to get his other arm to wave his SBR.

Kagura nodded to him and kept going. "By the way, just what armors do you suggest using for this?" she asked. "I heard it's a submarine mission"

Gyles smacked his forehead and gave the woman's shoulder a quick look. "Ah man... sorry about that. Well... I'd go for an AIR2 or one of the NDI armors. Or... if you're willing to play it risky, I've got this design that I'm finally getting to try out." He said, almost goading her into asking him to divulge more.

"Well I’ll bite, I always do, what's the design techman?" Kagura said

Stromm caught a bit of her humor, but it was a little stunted as he moved out of the way Uso's EM-9L. "Well, it sure as hell sounds more Nepleslian that 'pew pew'." He replied, trying to add a girlish tone to the 'pew pew', but seemingly unable to get his voice to do so.

Uso opened and closed the locks holding the drones onto the back of her power armor, and sent a small glowing ember of plasma towards each of the emitters on the suit before re-aiming the gun at Stromm, "ZAP ZAP ZAP!" She said over the suit's PA system before holstering the weapon and checking out her communications and ECM gear.

Autumn came to a stop in front of Kokuten, still smiling brightly. "Are you gonna come play in the water with us too, Sergeant? I'd hate to get wet and play with myself if I can't find the boys."

Kokuten could realize a joke when he saw one. "Well, I'll be sure to keep you company." He replied with a chuckle.

Henry looked over to Autumn and gave her a nod of acknowledgement. "I don't think - I'll be in the water." He was able to remember the mission objective for his squad, "We're launching attack - on the Water Treatment Plant."

"Oh! Perfect...a customer. I call it the AIR2 Lancer, a high maneuver assault version of the AIR2. I had a familiar asshole refine the concept for me, but it's a solid design overall. It has this nice lance, monomolecular, molecular weave, mounted with a heavy cutting tool and the PPG. And it has really big boosters mounted on the rear. Kinda like the ones on the DD." The tech sentry paused for a few seconds, with a wide grin on his face.

Kagura facepalmed a bit. "Chances are that we don't even have one of those on this ship." She pointed out. "though it does sound like a trip to use"

Gran finished his diagnostic and sat for a moment. He looked over his mission briefing one more time and opened a channel to Stromm. "Sir, are there any other squads accompanying us on our underwater mission?"

"Epsilon, apparently they're droppin' in the dip with us." Stromm replied shortly. "I have something to ask you though."

The dark haired Geshrin woman nodded at Henry with a smile. "Sounds like it should be some pretty straight forward carnage for you, Henry. I'm not sure how I feel about playing with the jellyfish, that' not really my favorite thing to do fully clothed. I'm more a skinny dipping type of gal." Autumn commented brightly.

"Damn, and here we are with all this armor in the way instead." Deon said jokingly from above Autumn and the others. The cockpit of his nearby AIR2 was still open. "Though I think it's not exactly skinny dipping weather this far down. You'll just have to use that charming personality and a good dose of heavy firepower instead Autumn. And Henry, no dying!"

"Never done a polar bear swim, Deon?" Autumn asked with a smile. "You know all the right things to get a girl all worked up! What armors work underwater? I know my WATER is out so you'll have to direct me towards a nice big one to use instead."

Henry nodded to Autumn: "I've never liked - Skinny Dipping." He told her, "I've just never - felt good about it. That's all." He had a small fear of water, unless he was drinking it. He made a quick mental note to himself: 'Try not to die. I have friends here.'

Ian hopped from the constructor platform, his shiny, newly constructed Warhawk armor and SIAR glinting in the light of the bay. He started towards the rest of the marines, already pondering just how a tactical coordinator was going to be of much use underwater. Well shit. I can't order in orbital strikes, and no one's gonna fly a ship down there. Wish whatever fuckhead thought that a submarine factory was valid threat against an airborne invasion had given me a little more to work with... The tall cadet stopped outside the group and rested his rifle on his shoulder, eying the marines and wondering which ones would die first.

"Yes sir, what is the question?" Gran gave a quick response to Stromm.

"You got any leadership skills?" Stromm answered simply, instead of quickly.

Gran thought for a second, recalling all his experience. "Some sir: I managed a small squad of men in a combat sim."

"Sorry about it, but I've only got one unit prepared. Once we have some downtime, I can hook you up though..." The tech sentry said rather uncomfortably, rubbing the back of his neck. "So that's two things I owe you, isn't it? We'll let's see that arm." He added quietly, as the two stepped into the Armor Bay.

Kagura just smirked a bit as they stepped into the armor bay and looked around a bit. "Let's see..." she said and just kind of ignored everyone there for a moment.

Gyles replied with his own smirk and reached for the box of tools he had set aside. "Alright, would you care to sit down Miss Balfour? It would make my job a lot easier..."

Kagura sighed and went and sat down to let him work on the arm at least. "I'm still wondering what to use."

"Could you trust somebody’s life by it?" Stromm asked him, hoping for a solid answer.

Gran thought deeply at Stromm's question, his voice sounded a little disappointed in himself. "I couldn't trust myself yet in a real life situation, sir."

Deon slipped down into the cockpit, let it close around him, and then said over the speakers. "Well from what I've picked up anything non energy is the way to go. I'm thinking a nice shiny FMD myself, loaded with as many high explosive shells as I could get packed on this baby. Water, plus boom, equals KABOOM after all. That and I wanna see just how wonky the PPG tries to act underwater too.

Autumn offered Henry a soft reassuring smile as she pondered what power armor she might be able to use instead. She didn't like the idea of using an AIR and instead, pulled out her datapad from her pocket. "Know anything about the NDI armors, guys? Like the Warhawk or the Golem?"

Gyles gently loosened and pried off several plates, revealing the electronics and servos below. "I'd stick to kinetics, since energy weapons tend to have varying levels of horrible backfire underwater. Missiles work surprisingly well too." He said, grunting a bit when a stubborn component refused to move.

Kagura winced a bit. "Watch it. that part is directly attached to....something I think." She said.

Henry shook his head in his metallic shell, "No. I have only had time - to study the ELEMENTAL series - of Powered Armor." He seemed to have a hint of shame in his voice, "Maybe afterwards - I can research them."

"Right. Just gimme a sec." Gyles replied uncomfortably, trying his best not to make things any worse. He tapped his right visor pod, cycling through the databook on cybernetic maintenance. "Now if I recall... all I have to do I replace this part, and clean out these two..."

She nodded with that. "Yeah that's about right. the reason it's aching it probably because it's dirty or something." Kagura said, playing with a bit of her hair as she waited.

"Time to learn, boy. You're my second in the squad right now. Stelshen will run battle advisory to you if you still uncomfortable." Stromm sent back. "If I go down, you're in charge of keeping the operatives from dying."

Gran took a deep breath with his microphone off. This is it... I can't let any of them die. Gran concentrated, trying to keep his voice confident as he replied to Stromm. "Yes sir, it's an honor."

"Errrr..." Deon was glad the armor hid his embarrassed look. "Not really, I only had time to read up on the DD's back on the Kestrel, and then the ELEMENTAL ones when we got here. Remind me to try and channel my obsessive manual reading that way later."

Autumn sighed and scanned over her datapad as she pulled up the information, "I'm just sad I can't use the LBR or the SBR. They were so nice and..." she lost her train of thought as she scanned over the information on her datapad about the Warhawk.

"Hey Kokuten!" Adrian pushed through a couple marines towards the other medic, smiling behind his armor. The tall marine stopped several feet away. "You joining us down in the suck, mate?"

"Adrian!" Kokuten turned to see his good buddy. "Naw, our squad is dropping on dry land, hitting a treatment plant. But! How is being in Delta treating you?"

"Eh, it's alright," Adrian looked around at the others, "We got a fuckton of those IPG guys. Apparently, we were supposed to do some big, funky spec ops thing, and then we just got plunged into the water." Adrian chuckled, "Man, I gotta say, I envy you."

"At least they can't see you in the water. We're on open, dry land, and anything could take a potshot at us." Kokuten grunted. "However, I've been wondering, Adrian. It's a question that's been on my mind for awhile."

"Shoot," Adrian encouraged his friend.

"Damn right it's an honor, you seem like the smart type, not the kind of brave dumbass that would get us all killed." Stromm replied, his replies scraping off rough.

"Thank you, sir." Gran said curtly. He took another deep breath. People weren't relying on him for points in matches now... they trusted their lives to him... even if they didn't know it. "Uh sir, would you like me to disperse my notes to Epsilon? You said they were accompanying us underwater."

"Uh... This is sorta embarassing, but..." Kokuten cut it to a private link. "What's the real stuff like? Combat I mean, I've only been through sims and I've never really seen any real action."

Adrian pondered the question for a moment. "Well... shit, I don't know how to describe it. Biggest thing to remember is that now, your job matters a lot more than in the sims. Be prepared for a lot of blood, and a lot of screaming if something bad goes down," Adrian stepped forward and patted his friend on the shoulder. "Just remember to keep your cool, mate. But you've always been good at that."

"Right, I guess I'm just being nervous for nothing." Kokuten chuckled as he opened his comm channel back up.

"Ooh. I love the specs on the Warhawk. It kinda makes me feel all warm and squishy inside," Autumn commented in a soft, near moan. She pressed her fingers to her lips as she continued reading over the specs on her data pad.

Henry was at a minor loss when he saw Autumn melt at the thought of a power armor in front of him. Sure, he did prefer to stay in armor, but this was taking things a little bit far.
He decided not to make a comment.

With a nod, Autumn tucked her data pad back into her pants' pocket again. "Definitely, once we get back- a nice stiff one, would be great. Nothing like a good drink after a mission." The armorer smiled brightly and jogged off towards the construction platform to get herself a nice shiny new Warhawk.

By now Deon was quite glad for the armor plating between his blushing and that 'interesting' reaction from Autumn. He mumbled as she walked off, "Sounds... umm... entertaining? Hope it's a good choice for underwater action too." Oh boy, did I just say that out loud to her?

"Yes, they'll be watching our asses after we knock-out the water detail." Stromm responded.

"Yes sir." Gran gave a nod/bow. He brought up his small note that he had written just earlier and sent it to all the Epsilon members. If they were in a PA, their armor would give them an alert that they had received a message, if they were still unarmed and held a datapad of some sort, it would display the alert. When they opened the message, it would read:
Underwater Combat:
1. Anything explosive (e.g. Red shells in AIR2's or grenade rounds) will cause a massive concussive blast. This can be used to easily crush enemy PA's and breach defensive walls that would be much too strong in a normal situation.

2. Close quarters combat will be nearly impossible. Even with high powered motors, movement would be much too sluggish to be effective and will leave you way open to ranged weaponry.

3. Any weapon that is energy based should be locked and not used. (E.g. plasma, laser) They will spontaneously vaporize water and cause deadly pressure like an explosive round going off right beside you.

4. AIR2's push/pull will be effective in giving good movement superiority over enemies. However care should be exercised, too much power put into it can rip your armor apart.

5. Cover may be scarce and the ocean floor will contain lots of loose and slick material.

Be careful.

Mireille sighed from behind the faceplate of her armor and opened a channel with Kokuten. "Hi there Kokuten! So... what are your preferences for drinks?" She questioned the medic cheerfully.

"Hello there, Cadet Belmonte. Drinks? I'd say... a Blue Moonie, straight to the head." Kokuten answered warmly as he heard the female's familiar voice.

"Oh? Just that? I have vintages that could be used as explosives... you should seriously consider a heavier drink." Mireille replied, in her usual mischievous tone.

"Oh? Are we looking for a challenge?" Kokuten answered in a slightly playful tone.

After a few minutes, Autumn hoped off the construction platform in her brand new Warhawk power armor with the SIAR mounted on her armor's right hip and a canister rifle mounted on her back. "Very nice," she said quietly over the armor's speaker as she walked over to where the others were prepping. She opened a private channel to Cadet McCain, "How's your head feeling, sir?"

"It's doing alright, Marine." He turned, looking for the Geshrin, and deciding that she was most likely the Warhawk just stepping off the Constructor pad. "You rolling NDI for this one?"

"Well, I have a 2 liter bottle of YE20 Vintage Deslauria's Dusk Scotch in my quarters. I doubt you could take one shot before being completely plastered." Mireille responded in an equally playful, but rather taunting tone.

"What?" Kokuten said in a surprised tone, "I'd have that entire bottle down before you could lift your glass, and how does someone on your salary have such an old vintage? Delsauria Dusk is expensive!"

"My family deals in luxuries. It was a graduation present, and I would have gladly shared with my old co-workers, only PR Offices are never too fun to drink around." Mireille sighed, remembering why she applied for field work in the first place.

"Absolutely, sir. The specs on this are outstanding. I have a question for you Ian, rather, a sort of personal request, if you wouldn't mind me being blunt, sir," Autumn asked brightly through her private comm channel with the large ID-SOL Cadet.

"Let's hear it, Autumn," Ian replied, awaiting the younger woman to speak.

Henry quickly decided to flex a little to get his blood flowing, his arms had gone numb. He put his arms over his head with the LBR in hand and put them down by his side, making sure not to scratch the LBR. He moved his shoulders around a little too and his neck side to side.

"Well, I'll help you drink it. The last time I had Delsauria Dusk was right before I left home to join the army. I had a glass of it with my father." Kokuten replied to her, wondering what she meant by dealing in luxuries.

Gyles fixed in the newer transmitter, and pulled out a bottle of pressurized carbon dioxide from his toolkit. "Alright... this might feel a bit cold, but it should flush the inside clean." The tech sentry told Kagura, as he pushed the nozzle of the bottle into the crevice he had opened in her arm, and pressed down, releasing a jet cool gas into the inside of the limb.

Kagura sighed a bit and just sat back, letting the techhead work. "It does feel a bit weird"

"Ian, after this mission," Autumn paused as she double checked to make sure that indeed she was still on a private channel with only Cadet McCain before proceeding, "I'd a chance to finish what we really didn't start the other night. I'd love for you to rip my clothes off and have your way with me." She pursed her lips together, glad for the privacy of the power armor's mask and a private channel.

Ian was slightly dumbstruck, not quite prepared for Autumn to be so... direct. However, he quickly pulled his head back together. "Alright. The minute we're back on board, provided we're both still alive, Starboard escape pods. I'll be there before you." He thought for a moment before continuing. "If we need more than that, we'll check out one of the hotels at wherever we dock."

Autumn chuckled feeling relieved, "It's a date!" Her tone was so bright, you could hear the grin on her face as she gave Ian a thumbs' up. "Extra motivation to get out of this armor as quickly as possible whenever we get back from our deep sea diving."

Ian returned the gesture, smiling underneath his armor. He watched the armored Geshrin a moment longer before turning back to the marines, a distinct feeling of happiness permeating his being.

Deon noticed the blinking mail message once the images of skinny dipping power armor were pushed off to one side. And after he read it the curious marine said to Henry. "Hey here's a thought for you. If the PPG makes a cone shape or a wave with the beam, think you could use it to push a mini wave of water at someone to knock 'em about? Or maybe just stick with the kaboom?"

Henry looked over to Deon. "The Push-Pull Guard - is like a miniature tractor beam." He voiced over his speakers, "You can anchor your armor using it. However, if you use it - as you said, it'll cause - a large pressure wave - on your side. Generally - not a good idea. Stick to the normal weapons, and stay away - from Vibro Blades underwater."

It was about this time that Autumn finally noticed that her data pad was vibrating in her pants' pocket. She had the Warhawk's AI open the message and nodded when she finally heard the contents. She sent Gran a short message over a private comm. "Hey thanks for the heads up, Gran. That's going to be a big help for the others still deciding on what to use."

Gran nodded to himself as he got her message, responding with a kind tone in his voice. "You're welcome. I hope it get you out of a hot spot sometime. Any questions I can help with?"

"Well, I actually decided on a Warhawk for this mission. If you can tell me how to maximize his thrusting capabilities, I'd love you forever," Autumn replied in a friendly, soft tone of voice that had a faint echo type of sound to it.

Gyles replaced all the parts in her arm and tightened them back into place, taking care to not cause her any pain. "Well, looks like you're all good. Overall... it might pass for a quick fix, but it's not the best thing. There is... the issue of that shoulder." He answered, fairly content that his job was done.

"Well with it all cleaned out, it doesn't hurt as much." Kagura said with a bemused grin and flexed her arm then her fingers once everything was reattached. "It feels better at least." She said.

Mireille nodded happily and gave the armored medic a quick glance. "I hope you can you can hold your liquor, and who knows, you might be lucky enough to catch me playing on my piano. So you never know, Sergeant Chiaki." She concluded, still keeping her voice in a mischievous tone.

Gran gave a small chuckle, taking her comment as a friendly joke. "Well, you should use low prolonged bursts as opposed to heavy thrusts. Strong bursts can cause a lot of drag and strain on the armor in water. Here, let me adjust your PA's system a little to accommodate for the resistance." After this he initiated a remote program editor. A blip would pop up on Autumn’s HUD asking her if she wanted to accept.

Autumn accepted the permission, "Thanks a bunch, sweetie. I feel a little out of my element as it were, in this thing rather than fighting the good fight against the evil of monotony and paperwork."

Gran smiled and worked a few angles of the thrust programming. "Well, glad to have you on the team and we'll have to watch out for each other."

"Thanks. It’ll be fun working with you," Autumn grinned in her armor and couldn't help herself, "So babe, you come here often?"

"The piano? I'm pretty skilled with the keys myself, any pieces known by heart?" Kokuten answered as the operative began to capture his interest even more.

"Good. Now do you need a quick rub on that shoulder of yours? I can imagine it's still a little sore." Gyles asked the female marine, contented that he'd done a good job again.

"Really? I had to memorize some symphonies, but I love to do improvise. I used to play jazz for the odd nightclub when I was younger." Mireille answered, her interest piqued by the medic.

Kagura sighed, the moment he touched it she'd automatically react and backhanded him in the ribs with her newly adjusted arm. This time it would probably hurt and more than likely forma bruise. "Sorry. It's a knee-jerk reflex." She said and stood up, stretching herself out. "Guess we should go get into the armors." She said and started to head for them to pick one out.

"I can't wait to see you on the field." Gran finished editing and let out a small chuckle at her question. "You talkin' about the PA Bay? I'm one of the techies. I pretty much live down here. Doesn't earn me much respect, but I'll be dammed if I let one of their armors break."

"So you'd say that you're good with your hands then. Just remember, while CLP might lubricate, Gun oil is better for that sort of work," Autumn replied brightly. "It should be an interesting experience for all parties involved. I haven’t gotten to participate in an orgy of destruction in a while."

"Wow, I wouldn't mind hearing a bit of your playing whenever we get back. I appreciate music a little more than your standard Nepleslian. I myself practiced the piano under with a rather musically talented friend. I didn't memorize much, but that's what you've got to sacrifice if you want to play several different instruments." Kokuten sent back, now having a better reason to come back with his ears attached.

"At any rate, it's a pleasure to meet you. Let's just hope we both make it back, alright Sergeant." Mireille answered Kokuten quietly, before heading over to Stromm's unit.

"Uh... B-..." Gran stammered before cutting his mic off for a second, trying to gather his thoughts and comprehend everything she said and implied. "Y-yeah.... Ummm..." He couldn't form any logical sentences, his face flushing.

"How's your modified thrust, Gran?" Autumn asked again, still speaking in a cheerful and friendly tone of voice.

"Well darn, probably not a good idea to try and get close enough for a good force slug to the face either..." Deon sounded a little disappointed, though he kept toying with other ideas while waiting for any further orders. "Probably could try to just grab someone else, give 'em a good hard push off, and see if it tears the armor up. But then again it'd probably do the same thing to me again. Maybe now isn't the best time for the more random thoughts. We’ll just stick with a good solid kaboom to the face instead."

"Right, all back in one piece." Kokuten said back as he himself turned to around to Adrian. "Say, Adrian, buddy, what do you know about her?" He asked his friend.

Gran cleared his throat. "Yeah, it's all nice and fixed up for you. Your side-to-side movement is boosted some so you can slide through the water easier without having to worry as much about damaging your armor, but you still gotta be careful."

"Thanks, babe. You got the magic touch," The Geshrin woman's voice was ever cheerful, you could almost hear the grin on her face. "I'd hate to break my new toy with thrusting too hard and all."

Adrian, who had been concentrating himself on thoughts of chaos and destruction while mindlessly humming the trumpet line to some old ska song, snapped back into reality at Kokuten's prompting. "Huh? Know about whom?"

"That Belmonte girl." Kokuten answered Adrian.

"Y-you're welcome..." He took a silent breath and put on a grin behind the faceplate and spoke confidently. "You can come straight to me if you need anything else fixed."

"You're wonderful, thank you, Gran," Autumn replied. Her Warhawk made a gesture at him that was very similar to blowing a kiss. "If you ever need a favor, let me know."

"Will do. Hope to see you again some time." Gran pretended to gently catch the kiss with his armored hand.

"If you're lucky, you'll catch me in the showers," Autumn turned back towards her squad again after giving a half salute. She grinned behind her mask and loved the notion of bonding with another crewmate.

"Oh, Mireille." Adrian shrugged. "Eh, I know she's IPG and she likes a drink called a 'Red baboon ass.'" He smirked at the shorter medic. "Does Kokuten want some sweet, sweet aristo-ass?"

Kokuten only stood there for a moment, and stared at his friend as he contemplated an argument. He didn't have one, the Medic suddenly finding himself attracted to the woman simply because of her claims of musical skill and drinking abilities. Her eyes and hands could have also been a factor into it as well. "Ye-... Er... Uh... Aristo? She from money?" Kokuten strained his reply.

Gran, stupefied by the parting response, slowly walked around, aimlessly. He then focused and strode over to Kagura and Gyles, noticing they were un-armored. "Do you need any help picking a suit?"

"No thanks. But she's all yours, mate." Gyles pointed to the purple haired marine, while clutching his side. After answering, he made his way to the Lancer unit in the back of the hangar.

Kagura sighed a bit and looked at Gran. "I do need some help. I've heard that energy weaponry isn't any good underwater and the FIRE has those venting sections that might let water in." She said and sighed looking around. "What do you suggest?"

Gran nodded to Gyles, and then turned to Kagura. "You are right; anything of that sort is too dangerous underwater. Before I suggest something, what are your combat specialties?"

Kagura brightened. "Blowing up shit." she giggled.

Gyles hopped into his heavily modified AIR2, grinning widely as it came online. "So this is it. You did alright, old man..."

Autumn walked in her Warhawk over to where she had left Deon, Henry and the medics as she flexed her armor's fingers as she waited for the drop. "I wonder where Sergeant Sanroma is hiding?" she wondered over the Warhawk's speakers.

Henry was considering the physics of water for a moment, "Explosions underwater can be quite dangerous. They create - a wave of pressure. If you're unsure - just use anything ballistic. No LBR or plasma. DARTS and ARROWS are useable."

"Well," Began Adrian, "She lives in a big fucking mansion right outside Funky City and had some damn tasty coffee. So either she broke into some random house, killed the owner, and let us chill there last night, or yes, she comes from money."

Kokuten chuckled lightly at Adrian's response, "A mansion? Well... That explains her refined musical talent... Man, she must think I'm some sorta' peasant." Kokuten said: the last part more to himself, than to Adrian.

Gran took his first good look at Kagura, finally noticing he knew her... and she seemed to have a very form fitting body suit on. He cleared his throat slightly with his mic off, and then continued. "I see, in that case I would recommend the NDI Golem MkII. Most of its munitions are ballistic and it carries multiple explosives." He pulled up a screen beside one of the quantum construction platforms, bringing up the specs of the Golem.

Adrian laughed. "Who the hell could mistake you for a peasant, Kokuten?"

"Mireille." Kokuten responded simply.

"Hehe, exactly Henry!" Deon pointed the FMD at an imagined target, and was about to give another loud KABOOM over the speakers. But he stopped right before, lowered the FMD, and then looked about the bay. "Wait... where did the sarge go? We were just discussing better living through air-bike craziness not ten minutes ago. Ah well, I'm sure he'll show up soon enough."

Autumn chuckled at Deon's explosion noises. "I was wondering that myself, Deon. I haven’t seen him. Maybe he hit the head?"

Trey wandered around the PA bay a bit, looking for an AIR2. finding one that didn't seem to be occupied, he looked inside "This should do" he muttered before asking a nearby techie: "This thing taken?" With an answer of "no" The Yamataian bodied man pumped his arm in victory before finding some spray-paint cans and 'customizing' it with a swamp camo color scheme.

Adrian shrugged. "Hey man, trust me, I don't care how rich she is, you don't come off as some poor man from the gutter."

"I don't? I don't mean any offense, but I'm just as much a standard guy as you, Adrian." Kokuten replied, arching a brow behind his nerimium mask.

Kagura sighed a bit, stretching out some and shrugged. "I've used the Golem in the past but it's got the energy weaponry I'd usually like but considering they're useless underwater, do you have any other suggestions?" She asked. "I can use whatever armor I'm stuck using, not like its permanent." the purple haired marine said. She glanced around at the others to see what they were wearing for the most part. "hmm..."

Gran nodded, trying to keep his gaze from wandering over her figure. Even though the head of the armor blocked his face, he worried she had some sort of sixth sense. "Uh... alright. The Warhawk is fast and carries a rather nice auto cannon."

"Yeah, but you're all 'Sophisticated,'" Adrian emphasized his last word by bringing up both hands, making quotation marks with his fingers.

Kokuten couldn't help but letting a good laugh break through the transmission. "I guess I do put off a sophisticated image, but it can't be all that better than the rest of the Marines. I mean, I don't want to seem like a dainty hard ass to anyone."

It was Adrian's turn to laugh. "Nice Oxymoron there, Sarge." He stopped for a moment and pointed at Kokuten. "Oh! Dude! I never congratulated you on your promotion!"

Kagura didn't have such a sense and thought for a moment. "I suppose that might be best." she chuckled slightly and looked over. "I suppose I'll go along with it, just using the platforms over there right?" She asked.

Trey climbed into his now camo colored AIR2 and started it up Been a while hasn't it? he thought, checking to see who was where in the PA bay "Oi, Autumn! how do you like my new Paintjob?" he asked her, waving at the Warhawk so she'd know which one was him.

"D'aw, there's no need; these bars are purely circumstantial, nothing you couldn't done in my stead." Kokuten said as he waved his hand back and forth.

Gran took another deep breath, closing his eyes for a bit. As he looked up, he still couldn't help but stare momentarily at her body. "Y-yeah. Uhh... Please remove any baggy clothing or items of the sort and place them in the bin beside the platform. They will be kept in storage until your return. There is a small console up there and it will walk you through the process."

Adrian shook his head. "Nein. You deserve those damn things, man." He then grinned. "But don't think I'm giving you my medbay, boy."

"Probably Autumn." Replied Deon. "Good thing to do before going underwater of all places. I figure we'll hear the boasting and flirting soon enough, I'd hate for him to miss all the fun too."

"I doubt he'll miss a chance to bump and grind with us, Deon. Dancing solo is no fun, neh?" Autumn replied brightly. The Warhawk's face mask turned towards Trey with a light laugh, "Yeah, Trey, looking good! It brings out the color of your gun!" She gave him a thumbs' up.

"Heh, no fun at all Autumn." Replied Deon, a bit of nervous excitement in his voice. "The same goes for drinking, a good game of pool, and someone who knows the best bars to hang out in. All the more reason to not get blown up today."

Kagura perked a brow at Gran, making it twitch a couple times before sighing and heading for the platform and quickly removed the uniform pants and the boots. "This bay is a bit hippy when you're standing on it wearing nothing but a freaking bodysuit." she said. The garment in question was a dark blue color and fitted rather closely around her curves. "And I just step up on the thing huh?" Kagura said and went to go step up on the platform.

Gran nodded, his face feeling a little hot as he saw her solely in her bodysuit. "Yes. Now select your armor on the pad in front of you and put your legs about shoulder width apart and hold your arms out." Gran showed her how to stand with his own armor, standing arms out like a 'T' and his feet a bit apart. "The Platform will automatically adjust to your body and build the suit around you."

"OH man... I'm glad I'm not in he squad." Uso commented over her loudspeakers as she watched one of the female marines go through a prolonged armor selection process.

"This is such a pain." Kagura grumbled and got to work by selecting the Warhawk armor and taking the stance that Gran had pointed out to use. "And stop staring at my ass Gran." She huffed a bit and waited for the cycle to start. She'd noticed how the armor's helmet had been facing for a moment. "And you." she snapped at Uso. "Sue me for not having used the NDI armors in a long time" she snipped and gave Uso the bird.

"Of course, not at all, it was yours when I got here, and it'll be yours when I leave." Kokuten replied warmly to his friend.

"Leaving?" Adrian cocked his eyebrow at Kokuten's response.

"Oh, no no no, I didn't mean that I was leaving. I just meant, if I die, or I'm transferred off like I was at Unity." Kokuten responded quickly.

"Right, right. I get you." Adrian nodded in reply.

"I'm sorry... Do we need to teach the wittle gurl how to shoot?" Uso said over her speaker in an exaggerated baby-talk voice, "or has she learned to walk yet?"

"I can shoot better than you can, whore." Kagura snarled at her and focused on the armor's formation around her.

"AWWWW She's so cute when she tries to use big-girl words." Uso replied.

Trey looked on his HUD for anyone he knew, the only one really being Ian. "Hey, Ian, how're you doing in your armor?"

"I'm doing fine, soldier," Came Ian's reply over the comm. "What are you rolling out, marine?"

Gran blushed hard as Kagura told him to stop looking at her body, which he was doing his best not to. He took a step back as the quanta construct platform sent it's glowing mass over Kagura, quickly forming into the Warhawk she had selected. He stepped back so he could get a good view of the process to make sure nothing went wrong, and to get out of the line of fire between Kagura and Uso.

Kagura twitched a bit, trying to resist the impulse to shoot Uso with the NSP in her arm. For one it wouldn't be a good idea and two it probably wouldn't affect her anyway. "Why don't you just eat shit and die." she said just as the Warhawk formed around you. "Or you're the first one I'm going to "accidentally" shoot."

Autumn heard Kagura starting a fight and her Warhawk shook its head in response to hers. "Oy, dear heart! Stop chasing skirts! We have to go find some jellyfish and shoot 'em in a bit! Save the energy for the squidy Reds!"

Kagura turned to Autumn and said over the speaker to her. "Aww you know I wouldn't cheat on you Wilde-one." She said with a chuckle, giving her a 'thumbs up'.

"Yeah, well I think being directly in front of you is probably the safest place anyone can stand." Uso replied, "If you don't even know how to mount up in your armor I don't think your guns are going to be threatening anyone anytime soon."

"Got me An AIR2" Trey said happily, waving an LBR around. "Hopefully I'll get to snipe in this thing at some point." He looked longingly at the thing, Knowing he couldn't use it underwater, but all the same, he'd bring it along, just in case he needed it.

"Oi, Trey, LBR won't do jackshit underwater. Leave it here." Ian informed the Yamataian.

Ian laughed over his comm system at Uso's goading of the other soldier. "Now now, children, try not to nuke each other in the middle of the fight."

"I hate you, IPG cocksucker." Kagura said to Uso and got off the platform once it finished and tried it out, moving around a bit to adjust. I like these armors, they compensate for my blind spot. She thought.

The Warhawk made a gesture at Kagura like it was blowing her a kiss. "Just keep your temper in check until we get into the water. Skullfuck her later." The Geshrin armorer returned her attention to Deon again, "I was gonna respond to that but I lost my train of thought."

Uso used her suit's sensors to triangulate the source of the transmission with the aid of the sensors in the drones on her backpack, allowing her to point her carbine at Ian. "Zap Zap Zap," She said with a grin hidden behind her facemask before turning her attention back to Kagura, "Remember: right foot then left foot."

Kagura grumbled a bit, "Shut up slut or I'm nuking your candied ass here and now." She said and walked off to just be on her own for a few moments to cool off.

Uso approached Kagura, standing just more than a yard away from her, "Well I might have to be scared... if you could use a gun."

Ian's attitude turned nasty. "Kagura, you're on thin ice already, Chill the fuck out, got it?" He watched the marine head off, still angry about his earlier encounter with the woman.

"Remind me never to put you on a diplomatic envoy." Stromm radioed to Uso.

"Sure thing Beefman," Uso replied to Stromm over the same communication channel.

"I hate you both, just keep that in mind." Kagura muttered to herself, having cut the speaker for a moment and looked up at Uso and continued away from her, giving her another middle finger salute and grumbled.

"I know, I'll just take it so I’m ready when we finish our first mission" Trey said, a hint of sadness in his voice. "How well does this FMD work, anyway?" he asked, waving said arm.

"That," Ian began, turning back to Trey, "Would be a better question for Soldier Keats rather than me." He glared back at Kagura as she spoke, giving the woman a similar gesture.

Autumn sighed and her Warhawk shrugged its shoulders. "Eh, only so much I can do. I could donkey-punch her or something in this baby, but hugs are a no go," she commented idly.

"Well, at least the soldier girl can follow orders," Uso said with a laugh as she pulled her suit integrated carbine up against her shoulder and turned to head back towards Stromm.

"I'm not going to follow yours whore." Kagura said to Uso over the com locking onto her with the system's fire control being a hair from shooting her right there and then. She already didn't like this mission, thinking it was suicide already and now this bitch was pushing her nerves.

"Is the rest of the squad ready?" Uso asked Stromm.

"I believe they are. All we need is clearance and we can start clear cutting this planet." Stromm grunted back at Uso.

Gran heard his name and decided it would be a good way to get some distance from the feuding women, even if they had stopped for the moment. He walked over towards Ian, glancing around. "Did someone have a question?"

Ian pointed towards Trey's Camo'd AIR2. "Yeah, he wanted to know about the FMD on his armor."

Autumn yelled over her comm at Kagura, "Kagura, come over here, NOW. God damn it."

Kagura's eye twitched inside the armor; today was just not a good day. But she walked over to Autumn a bit, staying out of arm's reach and opened a private channel to her. "I'm sorry Autumn, that woman's just grating my nerves, I'm already nervous about this mission and I do not need her jabs."

Kokuten watched on as the Marines bickered with each other; he chuckled a little bit before turning his head in Adrian's direction. "Hey man, this may seem a little out of no where, but where are you from? I've known you for quite a while, but I've never seemed to ask." Kokuten asked his friend.

"Funky City, mate." Adrian replied with a grin. "Shit, I don't think I know where you're from either."

"Central Funky City, ever heard of the Chiaki Research Compound?" Kokuten replied.

Gran turned to the camo AIR2. "The FMD? What would you like to know about it?"

"Uh yeah? you Gran Keats? I wanna know how good this FMD is compared to the LBR" Trey said, drawing attention to himself for the tech sentry to come looking "One of the few things on a PA I’m not well versed in"

Adrian shook his head. "Can't say I have. I was about on the edge of the slums and the central, so I was a little more concerned with dodging gunfire than paying attention to science."

"It was my mother's own personal playhouse until NAM hired her to do the science for them. She owned a small research business that she put into full power when she started living with my dad. I remember waking up in the middle of the night to small explosions and my mother going, 'WHOA SHIT!'" Kokuten began to put his words into movement into the last sentence, making a surprised jumping motion and then trailing off with a chuckle.

Adrian grinned. "Heh. Sounds like fun, mate."

Autumn sighed and the Warhawk folded its arms across its chest, as she responded quietly over the private comm to Kagura, "I know, dear heart, I want ya to live through the initial drop. You play up the killing superior officers game and someone's gonna shoot you before we leave."

Kagura huffed a bit pretending to check the autocannon she was holding and sighed. "I guess I do need to be careful, I never got the CC." She said. "We completely forgot it earlier while trying to get sober." Kagura admitted. "I just want that IPG bitch to leave me alone the rest of the mission."

"Just don't rise to her bait," Autumn responded with a dismissive gesture of the Warhawk's hand. "Besides, I don't think you like Cadet McCain enough to invite the assraping you'd get for playing 'who's gun fits better' with that IPG lady."
"I'll just slap her after the mission then." Kagura said. "Sound better?" she asked.

Gran nodded, looking like a tiny bow. "The FMD is personally my favorite weapon on the AIR2. It is very flexible in terms of usage as opposed to an anti-PA weapon. The FMD can be used for putting down a heavy anti-electronics field with the EMP rounds. It can fire armor piercing Zandium or Tungsten shells and the antimatter charges are just damn powerful. And the Red explosive shell will be extremely effective under water. Overall, it will be one of the fastest and most accurate underwater, just due to the sheer mass of the round."

"Hey Stromm, do you like Aethersperm?" Uso asked, activating her 'blackout' ECM suite and using it to try and jam the commlink between their two armors before he could respond.

"Well, I'm not a particular fan of 'loud shit with fluorescent colors'." Stromm replied to Uso.

"Cool. what about out of the water? Is it anywhere near as good as he LBR?" he said, patting the rifle in his hand "I got a preference for rifles, this wrist thingy just seems unnatural to me"

"Fun? Heh, you could call it that, what about you?" Kokuten asked.

"Eh. Like I said, I lived near the slums, hung out there a lot." Adrian shrugged before continuing. "Lots of shootings and shit. Wasn't a whole lot of fun. Heh, but let's avoid that type of talk before a mission, right? Gotta keep our spirits up."

Uso wasn't really listening, and nearly cut off Stromm's sentence with an elongated, "fuuuuuuuuuuuck... Hey, do those water armors have communication jamming equipment?" She asked.

"Not that I know of." Stromm replied to Uso simply.

"Well we will just have to deal with that when we get down there." Uso returned.

Gran smiled. "As an ambush/sniping weapon it's amazing. Especially when you are working in pars or trios. Each soldier can load a different type of shell and decimate whole squads faster than a Nepleslian can get drunk."

"Well, do you have anyone back home waiting for ya?" Kokuten changed the subject slightly, seemingly caught on the thought of home.

"Slightly, Kagura. Just ease up, you have enough to worry about without letting her get to ya," Autumn smiled as she switching back to her general broadcast speakers. "Cadet McCain, you've fought the Reds before- right? What should get expect besides a massive aquatic cluster fuck, sir?"

"What should we expect? About that, actually. A massive, aquatic Cluster fuck. Whoever decided this mission was a good idea should be taken out behind the chemical sheds and shot." Came Ian's reply. He was, however, smart enough to close-band it to only Autumn to avoid making a fuss among the marines.

"I'd challenge that but I think I'd be disqualified for having a Yam body" Trey said, chuckling. "There any version of this FMD that's more rifle shaped?" He asked, not really liking it where it was, and tapping it explorative.

Gran gave a laugh. "Well, the FMD model you see is what you get. It's integrated to the PA's armor and computer. That provides it with a very high degree of stability and accuracy. And it needs to be fixed to the armor to facilitate the ammo loading from the skirt armor."

Kagura just thought for a moment to herself, still seething a bit but letting it burn itself out. "Well this is still fucking suicide." Kagura said and listened to what the ship said. "Something already isn't right with this horseshit."

"ATTENTION MARINES," Ally said over the PA system. "We have entered the atmosphere of Kennewes. Please proceed to the launch system and prepare for deployment. Expect incoming weapons fire." The ship gently rocked forward and back once. It wasn’t from the atmosphere but it didn’t seem like Ally was going to inform the marines of what was going on outside of the ship.

"No one, actually. Never really hit it off with any girls and my parents are kind-" Adrian was cut off by the AI's words. "Well shit." He grinned to Kokuten. "Let's go kick some ass, mate!"

"Shit! Delta's form up!" Stromm blared, "Proceed to launch tubes and make a last-minute systems check!"

Uso walked over to the track on the floor that fed into the launch tubes and let the mechanical locks close around her armor's feet, securing her in place as the conveyer powered up.

"Right!" Kokuten said, putting a hand forward to Adrian. "Try not to get shot; I'd hate to patch you back up."

Autumn gave her squad a thumb's up, before grinning over her comm. "Just save some of that energy for me, sir," she replied to Ian over the private band. She looked at her squad mates and nodded, "Let's kick some ass guys!"

Adrian grabbed his friend's hand and shook. "Shit man, I'll have a lot more to worry about than a little bullet hole if I get plugged down there." He laughed. "Don't you get fucked up too bad, either, Kokuten. I still got a bag of Nep's finest waiting for us under my bunk when we get back."

"Hm? What? it needs fixing? Shit. too late now" Trey said, jogging to the conveyor belt and hooking in.

"Yes sir, Stromm!" Gran almost shouted as he trotted onto the track behind his Sergeant. He made a tiny message to Trey:
I meant ‘affixed’ to the armor. It has to attached. Nothing’s broken.

Kagura crossed her arms and watched the others forming up. "We still need to wait for that loser Sanroma don't we?" she asked.

>>END
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 2:36 am

Ran had uncharacteristically been silent for the entire moment, deciding instead to spend his time performing numerous weapons and systems checks on his WATER2. Ally had responded to him through his WATER2 after her first broadcast over the PA system.

"Red forces are expected to have at the very most a platoon guarding the facility. Exact numbers of soldiers and their equipment is currently unknown at this point."

Ran sighed to himself. This was going to be a tough one. The exact number of enemies that Alpha was going up against was not known, and the type of equipment remained a mystery as well. All in all, the squad of Marines would have to learn how to adapt quickly to any threat and destroy it. Ally now sent a aerial map of what was the point they were to attack:
Quote:
The beach itself is two football fields from the distance to the water to the beginning of a steep, rocky cliff. Several pieces of debris varying in size littered the length of the beach, and there were several impact craters scarring the rocky face of the beach, also varying in size and depth. Cross-hatch-like markings on the cliff at the end of the beach seemed to suggest a path zig-zagging it's way down to the beach, where numerous patrols had taken place. On the cliff overlooking the beach sat their objective: The Water Treatment Facility. It was essentially a main building, with the necessary equipment for such a facility lining the edges of the cliff, creating an open space in the middle of it all, where what appeared to be two squads of Power Armor were all lined up with their pilots exercising next to them. Curiously enough, there was a single PA in front of the group, with a "?" marked over it, designating it as being an unknown type. Surrounding the facility was just a very heavy marshland, with the only noticeable feature of it being a large main road leading to the facility.

"Fuck, I really don't like this." Ran muttered to himself, and then sent the map to the rest of the squad. A few minutes were spent by him in thought at the coming fight, but his thoughts were immediately interrupted by Ally's message. "Well, fuck me. LET'S GET GOING, MARINES!!!" Ran screamed at his squad over the loudspeaker, keeping the volume at it's mid-level. His WATER2 slowly moved over to the launch tube, where he held his SBR in his right hand, making sure that his LBR was still in the clamp. "See you other guys later. If not, it was good to know you all." He said what might be his final goodbye to the rest of the squads.
Cipher said:
Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:30 pm

"Settle down, Red, we won't die out here. Hell, if anyone dies here, it'll be me. I got nothing to lose." Harrison said nonchalantly, checking his PAL over.

Koenig808 said:
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 12:37 am

"Take that thinking and shove it, Harrison." Ran immediately shot back at him, taking the SBR in both hands and rotating his wrists a little bit, also. "I won't have any of that nihilistic thought amongst my squad members. As your squad leader, it's my job to make sure that you all get back in one piece. If that means me dying, then so be it. I sure as fuck don't want to live in shame for not looking out for you guys." At that, Ran simply leaned his PA against the launch tube, waiting for the drop order.

"Make sure you all serpentine as we drop. Don't be a stationary target."
Cipher said:
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:42 am

Harrison sobered up hearing Ran's speech.

"Roger, Cadet. I'll meet you in space." With that, he moved his FIRE1 into the launch tube queue.
Kokuten said:
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 6:50 pm

"Huh? I don't why you're worrying, you've got a capable Medic among you. No need to even 'think' about dying when I'm around." Kokuten commented warmly as he approached one of the tubes.

"You must always have faith in your leader, and trust in your own life. In the case of a doctor, both apply, and if that doctor has capable abilities then you're in capable hands."
Uso said:
Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 8:26 pm

The PA system of the ship beeped softly as it was once again powered up by Ally. "Attention, Marine deployment is now beginning. Please exit the ship as safely as possible." The first four marines in line for the launch tubes were loaded into the system with a deep ‘thunk’ from the conveyer machinery on the floor. In moments those marines would be fired out of the lower launch tubes of the ship as the conveyer brought more marines up to the launch system.

The somewhat calm anticipation of the launch bay would quickly be replaced with the war zone outside of the hull of the ship. The NSS Alliance was skimming close to the surface of the water so much that the wake from its passing could be seen crushing and blowing aside the plants behind it, causing water to fly up into the air and leave behind it what looked like a river cutting through the green carpet of ocean plants. Its extreme speed from entry into the atmosphere was making the forest of kelp growing on top of the ocean below them to appear to be just a green blur like so much grassland. The Sun was had just risen on the horizon and was illuminating both the NSS Alliance and another DD4 nearby that was performing the same maneuver.

This image would soon be broken up by white beams lancing out from under the surface of the ocean. The series of three beams would pierce through the NSS Alliance’s shield and rake across its front armored plate even as power armors were being dropped out. The DD4 next to them would receive a volley from another direction, tearing open the underside of the ship and causing power armors to fall out into the water in abundance. The smaller weapon turrets of the DD4s would begin to return fire even as the power armor drop continued.

As the power armors fell through the green mass of plant life on top of the ocean they would find their world instantly inverted. Instead of the light of the planet’s sun they were immediately faced with an almost pitch black darkness permeating the ocean. Plants on the surface blocked out nearly all light and created a forest of stalks anchoring the plants to the ocean floor. The ground would be uneven and gently sloping in one direction, towards the shoreline. Ally had made sure that the squad’s deployment speed had been varied in such a way that they all landed in the same area

Their objective would only be 2.3 miles away. The shoreline was not to far off and the change in water temperature do to proximity to the water treatment plant was detectable by the power armors own sensors even through intense jamming fields generated by other red units.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 3:05 am

"Fucking shit!" Ran's attention was hardly drawn to the serene scenery around them, and he could care less about how the sunlight played on everything, and all that shit. What he -did- care about, however, where the white beams shooting out at the Alliance from under the water's surface, and what sort of forces where going to be exerted upon him as his PA hit the water's surfa-"FUCKDAMNIT!" Ran screamed in surprise as his face nearly shot forward from the sudden drop in speed.

As his PA started to sink to the bottom, it would become shrouded in a small cloak of bubbles, which soon dissipated to give way to the several plants that served to block out any sunlight. When all became quiet, Ran simply sighed to himself, opening a comm link with the rest of the squad. "Everyone , don't fucking turn your mono eyes to active mode. I'm sure your sensors are showing up the change in water temperature. Just use that and follow it towards the treatment center. Just in case, I'll flash my mono eyes once you all get on the ocean floor." Ran grabbed the SBR holstered on the PA's right side, holding it in both hands. "Hurry up."
Cipher said:
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Next launched out the tubes was Harrison, who slammed into the water's surface with gusto.

He descended quickly, and listened to Ran's speech with open ears.

"Roger, sir. I'll meet you down there."
Luca said:
Posted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:02 pm

Henry made his way to the launch tubes up on the Alliance and opened a comm line with the Alpha Squad, "Rifleman, launching."

He was fired out of the tube through a good portion of space and into the water below with a splash that sounded like a ton of bricks falling into the ocean.
Eventually his WATER2 began to float to the bottom of the shallow sea and he landed next to Ran and Will. He looked over to them and gave him a wave. He'd taken the advice from Ran and decided not to use his Monoeyes, it'd probably hurt like hell.
Cipher said:
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 11:55 am

"Now we just wait for Kokuten and Funbags to drift down. Good luck, guys." Harrison crossed his arms and sat on the seabed, waiting. He would occasionally check his status readouts and look around nervously. He didn't like the fact that he was several feet below the surface of the water; and the fact that if he got stuck down here he would die of asphyxiation didn't make him feel any better.
Kokuten said:
Posted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:19 pm

Kokuten braced for the launch as he was next. The tube fired him off and he guided himself down the same path the other squad members. His decent was rapid, the Medic's breathing increased rapidly as he dropped. He wasn't took comfortable in the armor, and he wasn't all too comfortable when he landed in the water, sinking down. The only thing that kept him comfortable was that his comerades were nearby, under the water.

"Alright, I'm ready to move." Kokuten cleared his throat as he communicated with the squad.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:44 pm

"Roger that. Where the fuck is Funbags? Did her boobs just somehow ignore science and give her PA extra buoyancy?" Ran giggled to himself. The image of a WATER2 suspended just below the surface by giant breasts coming out the front of it was too much for him to handle. "Hey. Maybe if our PAs somehow run out of power, we can use Funbags for a pretty epic life raft." Ran made sure that he only sent that to the squad members on the sea bed, not wanting Cheza to drift down and take revenge upon him for his comments.

"As soon as Cheza hits, we'd better haul some major ass. I bet the other squads are already at their objectives by now."

Ran quickly thought about this, however. Should he really sacrifice manpower for the speed at which Alpha should accomplish their mission? There were already four Marines dropped, and a fifth and sixth one coming down. "Yknow what...fuck it. Begin the assault. Cheza, as soon as you get down, haul ass to our position. Move a bit slowly so that Cheza can catch up, guys. I'll be on point." Ran assumed what would be considered the position where the point man would be. "Henry, on my left. Harrison, on the right. Kokuten, keep behind me. Let's go." With that, Ran headed towards the treatment plant, using the strength of the change in water temperature as a method of finding it.

Luca said:
Posted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 10:59 pm

Henry armed the ARROWS stored in case any of the reds decided to come along and ruin the squads mission. It'd probably be the last mistake they'd make.

"Yes sir..." Henry responded to Ran via a private Comm. Line as he floated/walked/boosted (A probable mix of each) alongside Ran, keeping an eye out for anything that'd cause trouble.
Cipher said:
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:12 am

Harrison snickered wildly at the thought of Cheza being used as a life-raft, then fell into position.

"So, Morris, like I said. You'll have your books back when this op is over."
Kokuten said:
Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:51 pm

Kokuten was the last to move, using his other squadmates position to help him move behind Ran as ordered. The Medic stayed silent for the moment, instead making a quick check on the equipment he had available.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:07 am

"So. You guys scared, or what?" Ran walked slowly, still, not wanting to leave Cheza in the dust, but slowly increasing his pace as well, not wanting to be the last squad leader at his objective. As soon as they came within half a mile of their destination, they would approach at the fastest speed possible, with Ran and Henry hitting the beach first to establish cover for Harrison, Kokuten and Cheza. With this in mind, he had to get a good idea on the combat experience and tolerances of everyone in his squad. Ran knew that as a medic, Kokuten had seen loads of terrible stuff, but with Henry and Harrison as new members, he had no clue.

"Your Sergeant Stromm told me you Kestrel guys really know how to tear ass. This true?" Ran smirked inside his WATER, feeling the water's resistance against his SBR as he waved it from side to side, as the squad slowly advanced.
Cipher said:
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 3:30 am

"Well, I teared the ever living fuck out of some a DD with dual AM Panzers using a type 1. That count?" Harrison said.

"oh, and nervous, yes. Scared... Kinda. Being sealed into basically a tin can was in my training, under the briny deep in one... Not so much. Always thinking the water's gonna make a durandium pancake out of me."
Luca said:
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:10 am

Henry opened up a Comm. Line with Ran, "You need not worry, sir. Sergeant Stromm - is correct." He remembered his short time on the Kestrel.

Once he got up on to the beach, he kept his ARROWS armed and unholstered his LBR, wielding it in both hands, cradling it, ready for any threats. He then remembered Rans original question: "As fear goes - I feel not fear..." Henry said in his most creaky voice, "This is our - finest hour. I feel... invigorated." He smiled weakly under his armour, activating his Monoeyes to keep an eye out for any Reds soldiers.
Kokuten said:
Posted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:03 pm

"Well, try not to make it your 'final' hour. I don't want to use any body bags for this squad tonight." Kokuten said as his mono-eyes also darted around, looking around in passive mode.

"Remember your Medical Beacons if you get shot." Kokuten added before holding up his SBR.
Evangeline said:
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 9:13 am

Tears ran silently down her cheeks as she gazed into a far off memory, she hated the water, but as the sound of her fellow Marines filled her WATER she shut her eyes and shook the thoughts form her head. She found herself listening to the ringing in her ears as she spoke loudly "Cheza 'Funbags' Launching" (Having finally givin' in to the nickname) and as she launched "SHIT" was the only word that was able to be heard from her PA.

She obeyed Ran's orders and sunk to the bottom, hauling ass was she touched earth towards the direction of her fellow squadmates.
Cipher said:
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:56 am

"Cadet, Jingleboobs Evans just launched. Shall we wait or push on ahead?" Harrison said, continuing the underwater march to the water treatment plant. He made sure his weapons were ready for combat. Then something came to him.

"Oh, by the way, I heard bits and pieces of that conversation between you and that Wilde chick from Epsilon. You snagged a REAL keeper there, my friend." He punctuated this statement with a laugh.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:03 am

"We're pushing on. She'll stay behind with you and Kokuten as our fire support when we hit the beach." Ran smirked underneath the WATER's mask, noticing that the surface of the water was getting lower, and the slope of the beach getting steeper. At this point, he was thumbing the fire selector switch on his SBR from "Semi" to "Buckshot" back and forth, eagerly awaiting the assault. "We've got reports of some unknown PA in the facility, by the way. And based on the track records of the Reds' method of battle, I suggest that we hit the beach hard and move slowly into the facility. I can't believe that a beach defense would be the only thing they got waiting for us."

"The Wilde chick?" Ran answered Harrison's statement. "I have no idea who that is..."

------------

At this point, the Red sergeant would be kicking back with a nice cold beer. But no, this goddamn facility on this goddamn island just -had- to be defended. The hunched-over posture that he took in the Crooked Demon didn't help any, either, only making this more unbearable. If not for the sighted DD4 Power Armor drop, his entire platoon might still be inside the nice air-conditioned facility.

"Squad leaders, status report." At this point, Sergeant Jackson became bombarded by numerous doubts and worries, particularly from the relatively young squad leader in charge of the Cyclones on the beach. To his horror, his task force consisting of himself and his squad of Dark Demons had been 'reinforced' by another squad from the 12th "Youth Volunteer Group" that had been springing up all across the planet, consisting of 10 up-armored, H-2-armed Cyclones and a core squad of 4 Demons . "Shit, these kids look like they just came out of their mother's old rotten snatch. The fuck are they doing guarding such an important target?" Was his initial response to the platoon leader, who was at this point probably relaxing in the Base about 1 km down the road. "Fuckin' pussy..."

"Sir." The comm link of his fire team leader, a Corporal, danced across his HUD. The Sergeant turned to the Dark Demon in front of him, about ready to kick him out of frustration at this situation. "What is it, Corporal?"

"Our guys are in position and won't come out until you give the order, Sergeant. But I do recommend that you find a hiding spot as well, in case the beach defenses do not ho-"

"You jackass." Tyler interrupted, imagining himself taking a long drag of a cigarette right about now. "Of course they're not going to fucking hold. They're a bunch of goddamn kids down there." The Crooked Demon stood to it's full height for just a moment, assuming a commanding pose. "Return to your position, Corporal. I'll fuckin' tell you when to come out, mmk?" Tyler sighed. He loved fighting, but damn, did he hate leading men.

-----------

On the beach, the Reds had already dug in further up the beach, only about 20 meters away from the cliff face, to prevent being assaulted so close to the ocean. Four Panzerfausts were stacked side by side near the entrance to the stairway leading up the side of the cliff, and several other assorted weapons lay against the combination rock and sandbag walls that were erected.

When the Greens would land on the beach, they would be confronted with Cyclones that were much smaller in stature than they would be. All along the defense lines, one squad (10) of Cyclones were either walking up and down the lines or just sitting there chatting amongst themselves. The only real threat where what appeared to be four Demons, seemingly belonging to lower NCOs in charge of commanding a fire team of Cyclones.

Cipher said:
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:58 am

"Autumn Wilde. And I was talking to Morris, sir." Harrison said. He continued to check his statistics, even as he climbed up the slope.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:45 am

"Gotcha." Ran replied simply, focused intently on the fact that he could already see the end of the slope, sunlight now shining through the murky, sandy water. At this point, they would probably be showing up on the radars of whomever was guarding the beach. Ran would stop his WATER and get into a kneeling position behind the rather steep drop-off that the beach made, readying his SBR.

"Alright, guys. Mono eyes active, weapons hot. Make sure your Savtechs don't kick the crap out of you." Ran pointed to Henry "You're on me, Rifleman. Harrison, as soon as we start making progress, start pounding the shit out of them with that PAL. Kokuten, provide suppressing fire and watch out for any tricky bastard. Make sure to pour more shit down range than them and keep their heads down long enough for us to flank 'em."

He made sure that -everything- was in order, that his Antimatter charges and grenades were well within reach. "Use the CPD and PLAs in case any fucking rockets fly at us. Harrison, as soon as Cheza arrives, have her join us as soon as possible." He then brought the SBR up to a ready position.

"Let's kick some ass, Marines."

---------------

"Numerous contacts confirmed off the beach, Sergeant. Number is currently unknown. Gamma Squad has just split into two fire teams and is heading down the beach to check it out. Beta Squad and three remaining Demons are holding position behind the beach defenses." The Red Sergeant pursed his lips in pure anticipation for a good fight, watching the little line signifying the Corporal's voice dance and flail around like an epileptic snake.

"Continue to hold positions. Let the enemy get rid of those fuckin' amateurs down there for us." Tyler gritted his teeth so horribly that he swore a few moved in his gums.

--------------

On the beach, the aforementioned squad of 5 Cyclones and a Demon had split up into two fire teams, and activity along the main beach defenses had increased very rapidly. Panzerfausts were being readied and a few quiet prayers were uttered that they might live through this day. Of course, it would be the job of these Marines to make sure that none of these Reds' prayers were answered.
Luca said:
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:17 am

Henry stuck close to Ran as they advanced up the slope with his Monoeyes scouting the area, and his LBR cradled and ready to fire the moment an enemy P.A appeared. He had some Anti-P.A grenades within reach in case things got nasty, and Chainsword ready to rip through whoever decided to get near him, as well as the ARROWs.

He wasn't planning on showing any remorse for the Reds.
"No survivors." Henry commented to the Alpha Squad to motivate them, "No prisoners." He made a little pause before continuing, "We show them - who's boss..." His words seemed to trail off.
Cipher said:
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 11:22 am

"What he said." Harrison said, sighing. He prepared himself to fight as ordered by Ran.
Kokuten said:
Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:55 pm

Kokuten set his mono-eyes to active, grateful that he was given a back away assignment. He readied his SBR, using his infared to pick up any hotpoints on the beach.

His armor shifted a little bit at Henry's comment. He tried to believe that the the 'Rifleman' was trully just trying to rile the squad, even though it had been attempted in a strange way. The chilling part seemed to be the man's voice. That phrase in any other tone seemed a little off, but in his tone, it just seemed wrong.
Cipher said:
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:28 am

Harrison awaited orders, activating his monoeyes and preparing his PAL.

"Wow, Henry, that was really... Profound. To say the least." He wasn't shaken that much, but hearing him say that, at the very least the WAY he said it, gave him goosebumps.
Evangeline said:
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 2:04 pm

After a few moments she found herself alongside Kokuten, switching to monoeyes and checking all systems. "Sorry, I had a little trouble launching back there." She smirked somewhat becuase of their eariler conversation about her breats causing her to float ... "We get to kill anything yet?" this question mainly focused at Ran, as if saying 'What are my orders.'
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:27 pm

Ran watched Cheza as she arrived next to Kokuten. Fully expecting to go over the slope with only Henry as his backup against at least a few squads. "Good job, Cheza." He then accessed his aerial copy of the map, noticing that there were several large craters in the beach, made by previous, unsuccessful assaults by other people. "There's gonna be craters once we hit the beach. We're going to leap frog from crater to crater without staying in one for too long." He then started to size up Henry and Cheza. "You two, we're going to go onto the beach as one group. As soon as we encounter any resistance other than the expected main defense line, we're going to split up with Henry flanking around the right, Cheza flanking to the left and me going up the middle. Let's kick ass."

With that, Ran sprinted his WATER through the water's surface, breaching onto the beach and glistening with fresh sea water. His SBR immediately came up, and he sent several quick shots at one of the two fire teams maneuvering towards them. When finished shooting, he immediately took a dive forward into the crater directly in front of the fire team.

--------

"Enemy contact! Get to the grou-" One of the Cyclones would be unfortunate enough to get shot center mass by the quick shots that Ran sent their way, leaving a 13 year old on the ground with a hole in his chest. The remaining Cyclone would start to crawl towards Ran in the hopes of getting him up close with his rifle, while the Demon squad leader started flanking around the right of the crater.

-------

"One down. Harrison!" Ran spoke through the squad-level communications channel, not exactly screaming, but sounding very very hurried. "I've got one guy on my radar trying to flank around to the right of my position in this crater. Take him out!"
Cipher said:
Posted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 3:55 pm

Harrison, fresh out of the water and in a crouched position, nodded.

"Yessir!" Harrison put the PAL to his shoulder and, keeping his head down, drew a bead on the moving PA and fired a single shot from the big gun.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 5:48 pm

"Fucking-holy cra-" Ran's curse was cut short as the top half of a Demon barreled through the sandy top edge of the crater and hit him square in the chest, burying him slightly in the sand that he was currently in. Taking a single shot to the Demon's head to make sure it was down, he ran over the top of the crater, with several pot shots taken from the main defense lines hitting the ground around his legs, and some hitting, causing his shields to decrease slightly. Hiding behind a small boulder a few meters from his original position, he crouched down.

"Harrison, keep your fire concentrated on their main defense line until requested by Cheza and Henry. Cheza, Henry, as soon as you two kill off the remaining fire team out here on the beach, get ready for a close-assault of their main line." With that, he set his SBR on semi-auto fire, placing suppressing fire on the aforementioned main defense lines.

-------

"Fuck this, I'm out of here!" Was the only thing that the only remaining Cyclone from the three person fire team had said. Somehow making it back to the defense lines without being shot by Ran or his squad mates, he was immediately berated by the senior NCO there, and ordered to pick up one of the H2s and make a charge to the attacking Power Armors, threatened with an immediate field execution if he did not agree.

At that, the Cyclone dashed out from behind the rock and sand-created walls towards one of the WATERs advancing up the beach. With a heavy gulp, he crouched down and started tracking his target...letting a rocket fly in Henry's direction.

-------

"Shit! Henry, you've got a grenadier to your 4 o'clock, 30 meters ahead! Harrison, blow that fucker u-" He then stopped in mid-sentence, seeing the rocket fly to Henry. "Shit!" He then sent several long pulses from his PLA along the length of the missile, hoping that Henry would at least be able to also shoot it down.

Kokuten said:
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 8:24 pm

Kokuten kept his head down most of the moment in the fighting, intending not get hit himself. He would scan the area quickly, if not for but a moment to see if he was needed, and then got out of the way again. In this moment, when he got up, he picked up his SBR and fired down range at the opposing Fire Team.

"I'm waiting for further orders, sir!" Kokuten called out as he let down his fury of SBR fire.
Luca said:
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:41 pm

Henry suddenly turned around upon Rans' order and boosted sideways, away from the missile. He then pulled out his LBR and fired a shot at the missile, hopefully resulting in a blast.

Then he looked over to his left and fired a Continuous Stream at the Grenadier, hoping to cook him. When he was finished, he boosted and hid behind a boulder and hid his position by using the Charged Particle Dispenser.

"Thank - you, sir." He replied to Ran privately over comm. as he thought of his next attack plan in his head.
Why did Harrison have to borrow my strategy book? He asked himself mentally.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 10:33 pm

In his state of extreme stress at the prospect of losing a squad member, Ran had a horribly heavy grip on the handle of his SBR, with his trigger finger floating just barely above the trigger. He then sighed and slowly lowered his SBR, relieved that Henry was okay. "Kokuten, just keep up fire on the main battle lines. While we advance, I want you and Harrison to follow us closely." Ran then waved over to Henry and Cheza.

"Okay. Henry, hook to the right of the main battle line and Cheza, hook to the left. I'll take the middle." He then readied his SBR and grenades. "Kokuten, I want you to switch over to the LBR, if you got it. Give us suppression fire. Lets go!!!"

-----

Meanwhile, the Red squads, horrified at the grisly fate of their unsuccessful grenadier, began a retreat from the battle lines. A few made it away, but a huge majority of them were stopped by their Demon squad leaders.

The rest that stayed sent a volley of H2 missiles at the WATERs assaulting their position.

-----

The Crooked Demon was sitting down, hunched-over, with Sergeant Tyler Jackson contemplating on what he'd be doing if he would survive this attack. Already, he'd sent numerous requests to the main base for reinforcements, but apparently, there were already several Green attacks on several positions across Kennewes that no squad or division could be sent as reinforcements for now. "God damn it! What the fuck is command thinking?!" He then studied the reports he'd heard over the comm channel. "The goddamn Greens are trying to starve this planet and commands giving priority to the defense of fuckin' cities?!" He'd throw his beer bottle to the side in frustration if he had one.

At that moment, three of the retreating Cyclones came running up the stairs leading to the beach. The CD stood up to it's full height, and as the three Cyclones ran by, Tyler took a swing at the lead retreating Cyclone, stabbing the pilot through the Cyclone's head, the vibrating blades spraying gore over one of the Cyclones, who was now kneeling on the ground peeing himself. Letting one Cyclone get away, the Red Sergeant picked up the cowering Cyclone by the neck section, bringing it up to face level.

"Where the fuck are you going, soldier?" He moved his head too close to the poor Cyclone.

"S-Sir! The Greens are killing us down there! I don't think our lines can hold! I'm only a kid, sir, I'm not cut out for fighti-" At that, the private would feel an extra set of vibro claws pierce the chest armor of the Cyclone and his chest. Grunting in disgust, Tyler threw the corpse of the Cyclone to the side, causing it to impact on a concrete support structure by it's head. "I'll fucking -DIE- before I let any cowards on my side spread that defeatist bullshit. CORPORAL!!!!" Tyler bellowed over the comm link, causing a DD to uncloak while walking up to the sergeant." The Crooked Demon hunched back over.

"Get two of your men to help out those fuckin' shits at the defense line. You'll stay here with me. GET TO IT!!!!"
Cipher said:
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 3:25 am

"HENRY! I think I should've let you hold that strategy book!" Harrison said with a humorless guffaw, then shelled a position on the defense line. His shot was off, vaporizing an offending patch of the cliff face that a DD was standing on. The Demon plummeted down the cliff face and, momentarily stunned, crashed to the ground, smashed atop the rocks it had fallen from.
Luca said:
Posted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:07 pm

Henry jumped out from behind his rock and took aim. He spotted a Cyclone attempting rather miserably to provide suppression fire, missing just about anything.

The characteristic BWUSH!! could be heard from Henry's rifle as it knocked the Cyclone over and into a crater, leaving a pretty big hole that wouldn't be healed with a few bandages and rations.

He then darted over to the right and hid behind another boulder, then thought of a way to really cook those reds using his Continuous Stream attachment.
Koenig808 said:
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 am

By now, the horribly demoralized Reds were on the defensive, something that they had not been trained for at all. As aggressive soldiers, they were only taught to attack, attack, and then wait for some bigger force to relieve them. For the Dark Demons that joined the fight alongside the Cyclones and Demons, it was already starting out bad. The fire team leader with the Dark Demons had already found his end upon the numerous rocks that dotted the base of the cliff. And the amount of Demons had been reduced thanks to the withering fire the Greens sent down range.

--------

"SERGEANT TYLER JACKSON!!!" A familiar voice bellowed into his Crooked Demon, who was angrily pacing around a very dejected-looking Dark Demon. It was their platoon leader, who had mysteriously vanished back to command.

"Sir?" Jackson responded, knowing what came next.

"We've been monitoring the situation you've got down there at the facility. You've already lost too many goddamn men out there. Since those Cyclones aren't helping any, you are to send half of them back to base to re-arm and re-equip for a counter attack. Send Corporal Mason with them. You, however, are to give us some time to mobilize. Is that understood?!" Tyler's scarred face warped into a huge, toothy smile, one that a killer makes before finding himself some fresh meat.

"Sir, yes sir!" The CD stood up to it's full height, clearly in anticipation of the coming fight. "You heard him Corporal, have half of the Cyclones retreat to Base Command with you going. I'll take care of them myself. Best fuckin' order out of our Lieutenant's mouth all year." And with that, the Sergeant disappeared into one of the many sewage drains leading out onto the beach.

-----------

The defenders on the beach had their orders. However, there were only a few remaining Cyclones and Dark Demons left. 3 Cyclones, 2 Demons and one Dark. They would not retreat, since with so few numbers, it was utterly pointless to do so. But one Dark Demon pilot had sympathy for the poor youngsters caught in this horrible fight.

"I want the Cyclones to fire off all remaining Panzerfausts, throw any remaining grenades and retreat to Base Command. We will spearhead the assault here. LETS DO THIS!!!" At that barked order, three Panzerfausts rocketed down the beach, soon followed by a few remaining grenades, all directed at the three attacking Greens.

--------

"SHIT!!! Henry, Cheza! Fall back to Harrison and Kokuten's position! Fighting retreat!!" Ran meant that as he would come out of cover, he'd be the first one to provide suppressing fire, while Henry would dart behind him, and provide cover for Cheza to do the same for Henry. "Harrison! Take out that fuckin' DD! Kokuten, suppressing fire on the advancing Demons!! Prepare countermeasures and your PLAs as soon as you get a lock on by those fuckin' missles!!" As Ran darted out from cover, he would strafe to the right, firing his SBR into the oncoming assault line horizontally, while expending 8 of his Arrows to weaken the attack.
Cipher said:
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 11:11 am

"You don't have to tell me twice sir!" Harrison opened up with everything he had, firing 5 ARROWs, a shot from his PAL in one hand and a long burst from his wrist chaingun in the other.
Evangeline said:
Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:42 pm

She looked up eyes wide, "Sir yes sir ..." in a half groan which could have actually meant 'Shit ...' She heads for Kokuten's position, trying her best to provide cover for Henry at the same time.

Re: [Alpha Squad]

Kokuten grunted as he aimed his SBR, unloading fire down the line to the Demons. He tried to focus on not hitting his comrades.

As the Panzerfausts closed in, Ran immediately activated his CPD, hoping to hide his WATER slightly from the oncoming rockets. Just to give them new targets to lock on to so that Henry and Cheza would not be hit, he activated his countermeasures, using the PLA to a better effect. One rocket detonated as the high-intensity laser from the PLA hit it.

The combined suppressive fire from the Green squad would serve to take out one incoming Demon, the other being vaporized by a well-placed shot from Harrison. The numerous Arrows that still shot down the beach after the two Demons were incapacitated found themselves without their original targets, and now all converged on the lead Dark Demon, maiming him to the point where he simply retreated from the beach.

Unfortunately, the numerous grenades had landed amongst the three WATERs that made up the forward line, blinding his sensors momentarily. And those goddamn Panzerfausts were still screeching down the beach at the Greens. "Shit! Evasive fucking maneuvers, guys!" He would then activate his CPD for one last time, hoping that would serve to hide him from the remaining two rockets. He would curl into a semi-ball to also make himself a smaller target. Before this could be accomplished, however, two beams of Aether "imma fuck you up" grazed the right side of his WATER, fucking up Ran's shields, and nearly, his arm, had he not darted out of the way. As the Aether continued past him and hit a large boulder behind him, sending debris into the air, and then falling down.

"What the fuck was..." Ran looked through the falling debris in his camera, staring at one ugly-as-hell power armor, now squatting with it's arms held out. "The FUCK is that?!"

-------

Tyler Jackson had been watching the whole damn thing, hidden from view momentarily by the Active Camouflage and hidden from sensors using the Mesher System. "Fucking idiots...three Power Armors charging a squad of superior Armor and Numbers..." He then grinned at the irony of his situation, in which he would be doing the same damn thing. "Oop, look's like he dodged them..." He had taken into consideration, however, that the WATER was now in -terrible- shape, and that this might be the moment to finish it off.

Tyler then started running towards the lead WATER with the Crooked Demon's arms extended. The five second cool down associated with the Aether cannons on it's shoulders could not have been long enough, but all the while when he was charging the WATER, he kept a steady aim on it's mid-section.

Now getting dangerously close to the Green Power Armor, he let another stream of Aether loose at him.

-------

"D'ohhh shit, it's charging!" Ran's WATER shook violently and several sensors started screaming into his ears as his Power Armor took a direct hit by one of the incoming Panzerfaust rockets. As the Crooked Demon charged, Ran noticed the two Aether cannons readying for another stream. Knowing that he was now officially fucked, he would at least try to minimize the damage taken, along with damaging the attacking armor as much as he could. He would them strafe to the right, firing off several quick shots at the CD from his SBR, not having enough time to use any other weapons.

"I NEED SOME IMMEDIATE SUPPRESSION ON THIS MOTHERFU-AAAAAGHH!!!" Was one of the few things Ran would say after the Aether streams connected with his WATER's right arm. The continuous stream weakened his shield's completely, but only moderately damaged his armor. Unfortunately, the continuous stream was more than enough to cause the Antimatter storage on the WATER's arm to explode, taking off Ran's right arm.

The momentum gained by the speed of his WATER running, coupled with Ran's sudden inability to continue running due to his arm being lost, caused his WATER to fall forward and slide along the sand, with it's pilot very incapacitated.

Re: [Alpha Squad]

"CADET RUI!" A primal rage welled up within Harrison's heart.

"Damn him... GUYS, HIT THAT ARMOR WITH EVERYTHING YOU HAVE! KOKUTEN, I'LL COVER YOU! GET TO THE POINT!" Harrison yelled, in obvious defiance of military protocol. Falling back towards the beach, he Hammered the power armor that had disabled the Cadet's armor with everything he had. He powered up his Pulse Laser Array and even centered that on the offending suit.

Henry had seen his commander fall, with his arm blown off.
Now they've crossed the line. Henry thought to himself as he cricked his neck inside his WATER2 and thought of a strategy against this brick-shitting abomination to powered armour technology.

It looks strong, and intimidating at the front, and it looks far from human... He observed as he peeked his head around his boulder and made observations, Therefore, the Pilot must be in a compartment behind the armour.

He opened up an open channel with the Alpha Squad, "Aim for - the back!" He commanded as he jumped out from cover with an Anti-P.A Grenade in his spare hand. He tossed at the Crooked Demon and then took up his LBR in the other hand and made some aiming adjustments using his Monoeyes.

"DIE." He let loose a continuous Stream from his LBR, aiming for the 'head' of the Crooked Demon. He had a thought that it'd house most of the sensors and effectively blind it... or so he hoped.

"Gah! What the fuck!?" Was his reaction to the numerous bleeps and protests from his Crooked Demon as several sensors went off, reflecting a significant pounding that his shields took, even with the arms extended in front. The round from Harrison's PAL was quickly noticed by Tyler, and he had boosted backwards just in time for it to explode not directly on him, but a foot in front, causing him to be momentarily blinded by the debris and flash resulting from the heavy weapon.

Noting the inevitable ARROW onslaught from Harrison was closing in, the Sergeant fired his Aether cannons through the middle of the ARROW formation, with the intention of cutting a giant swath through them, as well as hit the offending FIRE in the process. All the while, the Red sergeant was boosting backwards, ending up next to the WATER he disabled. "Is this their fuckin' squad leader?!" He wondered only very slightly as the rest of the ARROWs exploded upon his shields. "Shit, shit! This is getting a bit interesting!" But it would get even better...

...As he took the moment to crouch down and pick up the WATER by the collar, holding it in front out to Harrison. "Not gonna damage your leader anymore, will you?" He had his right shoulder facing the FIRE, with his entire body turned towards him to hide behind Ran's Power Armor. Unfortunately, in the intensity of the moment, he had neglected to notice the fact that the last blow he took must have blown out his speakers, for his system, warning him on the proximity of Henry's WATER, had no way to alert him.

The only real way he noticed Henry was the horrific blinding that came from the very close grenade, and the "BWUSH" that came from his LBR. Suprised and very blind, the Red Sergeant unwisely kept his grip on the WATER, instead relying on instinct by holding out a single arm to the continuous stream. With his main shields still not fully recharged from before, and him only using his left arm to blindly shield himself, caused his Crooked Demon's arm to disintegrate.

Afterwards, the accompanying silence was horribly deafening, and the sight of the beach on his now working monitor only comforted him a little. "Heh...leave it to a fuckin' hardcore power armor to keep me alive.." Indeed, the arm had taken the full brunt of the attack, which had merely served to slightly melt the Crooked Demon's head. However, the arm was still there, yet very inoperable, prompting the Sergeant to tear it off below the elbow.

"Shit...this isn't good." He noted, as he could feel the air on his left hand flow in from the absence of his Crooked Demon's hand.

"SERGEANT!!" the Lieutenant's voice screamed over the comm link, barely audible through the damages speakers. "I can't fucking hear you, si- Wow, that was quick..." Ran read the message sent to him by his CO, ordering him to make a retreat to the main base. "GODDAMNIT!!" Tyler turned to the Greens, still holding the WATER up. "THIS ISN'T OVER YET, YOU FUCKS!" Is all he screamed at them using the loudspeaker. He would let loose one final burst from his Aether cannons, directed in a wide swath spanning the beach, merely as a way to keep their heads down as he retreated.

Keeping his grip on Ran's WATER, he boosted backwards and into the sewage pipe from where he came from, dumping Ran next to it and retreating from the area.

-----------

Throughout the whole fight, Ran remained unconcious, due to the fact that he was now missing a whole arm. Luckily, the life support systems on his WATER had recorded the hit that his Power Armor took, and even though his wound was partially cauterized, the constriction bands on his right arm tightened slightly, making sure that the Cadet would not loose blood so fast.

Being dropped by Tyler had jarred the Cadet awake, though as soon as he woke, he unleashed his entire vocabulary unknowingly to the squad, whom he still had a comm link open with. "Ohh shit, my fucking arm!!!" His voice was very much strained and hoarse, with his throat feeling extremely dry. He tried lifting his arm, only to see the burnt stump that ended above his elbow, but simply leaned back against the sand as a huge wave of pain overcame him. The thought of morphine didn't even enter his mind.

"MEDIC!!!" He screamed through a fit of groans, fighting the urge to start crying. His breathing became very forced, and as such, it felt as if the only way he could say anything was by screaming at the top of his lungs.

"Well! Welcome back to the world of the living, cadet! Thought we'd lost you back there." Harrison released his breath (which he had been holding almost the entire time) and waited for the Medic, Kokuten, to show up and save their CO's ass.

"What..." In his current state, blinded by excruciating pain, Ran could not process the fact that Harrison's statements were made in relief of Ran being alive. "Are...are you making fucking JOKES, Harrison?!" He screamed over the comm link, thinking that his "Welcome to the world of the living!" was supposed to be funny. Well, it probably was supposed to be, to lighten the mood for the squad. But, Ran was in pain, and very uncaring of such gestures.

"MEDIC, GODDAMNIT!" He started to stand up, but just stayed there on his two knees with his left arm supporting him, staring at his stump through eyes blinded by pain. "Ohh shit!" He groaned, slumping down onto the sand to relieve himself of that previous position, careful to not get any sand in his wound. "Did we....did we fuckin' beat that thing back?!"

"God, next time you get an appendage get shot off, remind me not to congratulate you for surviving it, Ran." Harrison said, putting the cadet's un-damaged left arm around his shoulder and supporting him against the bulk of the heavy support Power Armor.

"You mean the guy that shot you? I think so. Last we saw of him half of his head was melted off."

"Shit, he got away?" Ran lowered his head, as he started to inject a little bit of morphine into himself, trying to take the edge off of the horrible pain that was now associated with the right side of his body. Ran raised his head to Henry, Cheza and Kokuten, and simply stood up on two very very numb legs. "I need to get patched up immediately. We're to expect a counter-assault as soon as we take the treatment facility." Ran then radioed through the all-hands channel, hoping to pick up the NSS Alliance's frequency, not willing to select the specific line.

"Alpha squad to NSS Alliance, we have neutralized enemy resistance and have sustained minimal damage." He purposefully left out the fact that he was wounded, so as not to worry other squads. "Moving on to fortify our positions, requesting possible support in the coming counter-attack. Alpha out." Ran sighed, really wishing that he could light up a cigarette by now. "The fuckin' caretakers better not have gotten into my schnapps. I'm sure those fucks would -LOVE- to empty all 2 gallons of it right onto my bed." He then looked at what weapons he still had on
line.

"Fuck. 8 arrows, the EAG, and my longsword...I'm not gonna be worth shit in a fight." Ran pulled out the longsword, holding it in his left hand. "Kokuten, hurry up. I need some medical attention here. We need to secure that fuckin' facility ASAP."

------

"Sir, what the fuck?" Tyler stood in front of two techs, who were currently occupied with the arduous task of repairing the armor of each Cyclone that had retreated, reloading their Type 1s and H2s. All in all, 12 Cyclones stood side by side, with 6 demons behind them and 4 Dark Demons, with Tyler and the Lieutenant side by side. "You're taking the rest of the PA compliment in this base to assault the fuckin' facility plant? You realize, that if all of us are killed this place is screwed, right?" Tyler was then berated by the Lieutenant, who declared;

"This is just like you fuckin' NCOs! You're all such fuckin' pessimists because you had to climb the ranks via way of enlistment! You know nothing of what we were taught, that this situation definately calls for an all-out assault on the Greens! Besides, there are only 5 of them, and 4 that are combat capable." The Lieutenant moved his Dark Demon around a bit. "You will stay behind with me until the counter-attack is in full swing. Troops, begin to move out in 30 minutes!!!" The officer screamed, leaving a fuming Tyler behind.

"...." Tyler looked at the remaining Cyclones, most of whom retreated. "Would you all go against the fuckin' Greens again?" The Cyclones vigorously shook their heads in protest, causing Tyler to scoff. "Fuckin' of course not. This entire counter-attack task force is hardly any bigger than what we used to defend the place."

"Fuckin officers..."

Henry was standing by, keeping a lookout on the general parameter. He found that most of the reds had retreated, and probably to get reinforcements.

"Sir -" Henry started as he walked over to Ran and crouched down near him, "We'd best get - fortified once we - take the facility." He looked away, across the beach, "They will come back with more... much more..."

In Henry's mind, 4 versus probably an entire platoon would prove to be rather bothersome, even with the advanced technology on hand that was the NAM ELEMENTAL series of Powered Armour.
He took a look at who was still able to fight. Kokuten, Will and Cheza, also known as Funbags.

Henry had a feeling that they could pull through, given the possible odds.

"Agreed." Ran started to feel a bit good, now that the morphine had taken effect even just slightly. Seeing that the stump of his arm was cauterized, he would probably not bleed out, especially since the straps below his armor were constricting blood flow to the area. "New objective is to secure the treatment facility and hold it against counter attack. I've been given permission to use limited air assets to assist us, should things become too dicey." Ran clutched the longsword in his left hand, and started up the beach, up one of the ramps leading to the treatment facility.

"Let's move." While walking up the ramp, Ran pulled the aerial map of the treatment facility up, sending it to everyone in the squad.

The Water Treatment Facility:

Beach leading to it is approximately 100 meters long and 500 meters wide, tapering off to 200 meters wide near the two loading ramps that lead to the facility itself. These ramps lead up the two sides of the cliff that stuck out over the beach, upon which the equipment for the facility is stored in numerous bunkers. There is a giant courtyard in between the equipment stores and the main building, which at one point served as a staging area for equipment to be brought in, inventoried, and put to use.

The main building itself is 10 stories tall and is of a rectangular shape and devoid of any real noticeable features. It stands in front of 8 foot tall, concrete walls. The only opening leading into the facility are is an 8 foot tall, heavily reinforced, metal gate. On either side of the main building are numerous large pipes that come out of the ground and reach over the walls, stretching for 200 meters, right into the giant marsh that surrounds the facility.

"Right. Harrison, I want you to place your FIRE right here." He would designate Harrison's position on top of the main building with an X. "You're to provide long-range suppressing fire and hammer the enemy as they try to advance." Ran then noticed that the pipes leading into the marsh made for rather convenient bridges, with each pipe seemingly wide enough to accomidate one Power Armor to cross. "Cheza and Henry will be individually placed on each 'bridge' to further wither enemy numbers in conjunction with Harrison. Use LBRs. If needed, designate fire support with your PLAs." Ran sighed, not knowing where to place himself, yet.

"I want Kokuten street-level, next to the building where Harrison -and- I will be situated on top." Ran then noticed that, although there were large hills surrounding the Facility, that in their short numbers, they were vulnerable to flanking maneuvers. "Harrison, I'll make sure that the enemy does not flank us. If they do, I want you to concentrate on destroying and suppressing such forces while I call in air support."

"Harrison, Cheza, once enemy forces come within 10 km, I want you both to retreat to the courtyard where we will engage them in street-to-street fighting. This will be Rally Point: Alpha. If we are forced to this point, we won't be able to call in support, or else the facility's fucked. Conversely, the enemy's gonna be wary in engaging us so close to their facility, so once we're at this point, we hide amongst the equipment lining the cliff's edge."

Of course, Ran had to develop an escape plan, should they still not be able to hold. "If the fighting at Point Alpha becomes too intense, I'll call in for more heavy support, though this may damage the facility. Depending on how things are arranged, however, I may just request a pick-up from any ship in orbit. That being said, a secondary Rally Point, Bravo, will be established back on the beach. This will be considered our last stand until we get picked up. At this point, we should be concerned with destroying ramps leading down to the beach. The enemy will have a height advantage over us, so I want Harrison to focus on blowing that cliff away beneath their feet."

"That last rally point will be our last stand, should that moment come. Again, if I'm able to get ourselves permission to either retreat or to be picked up, we will have to disappear into the ocean."

All that being said, Ran found himself amidst the storage facilities, some of which showed recent signs of being opened by the previous Red occupants. "You all know the plan. Now spread out and gather up any equipment the Reds left, including whatever may be in those storage facilities."

"Wilco, sir." Harrison was shocked to see his squad leader already back in command of the situation.

No rest for the weary, I suppose...

While Alpha Squad was beginning to gather equipment left behind by the retreating Reds, the same Reds, plus more, were advancing towards the Water Treatment Facility.

The 6 Demons and 3 Dark Demons were at the front of the formation, intended to spearhead the assault and break through the expected line of defense that the Greens would put up. The 6 Demons would be in charge of assaulting the frontal defenses, while the 3 Dark Demons would gather up two Cyclones each and attempt to flank the defending forces. The Lieutenant would be overseeing their assault with the flanking forces.

Sergeant Tyler, however, would find himself in charge of the long-range support forces. These 6 cyclones were in charge of setting up the Bearclaw-class artillery piece that they brought along. Their job would be to suppress the defending Greens long enough to set up this weapons system, as well as operate it.

"I've still got my two Aether cannons and one arm. How am I not spearheading this attack...?"

--------

"Five minutes!" Ran set the second of two abandoned H2 missile tubes amongst the Facility's equipment near the edge of the cliff. The first one was positioned street-level, next to the building that he and Harrison would stay on top of to survey the attack. "You've all got five minutes to set yourselves up!"

It had already been a long time since the Reds had retreated, and he was getting extremely wary of the fact that they could be attacking any time soon. "Harrison! Let's get on top of that building." Ran boosted on top of the building, setting himself towards the back of it.

"Hurry up, Alpha! We're gonna have company!"

Henry had followed Ran's orders word from word with his LBR in hand, and got his scrawny ass over to one of the Pipes which he would guard from Red Invasion.

Once he got into position, he decided to sum up his Weaponry on him... He had his trusty LBR in hand, which was his always preferred weapon, 3 Anti-Powered Armour grenades, ARROWS, the Shortsword and PLA.
"Rifleman in Position," Henry radioed to the Alpha squad as he kept his Monoeyes open and his Charged Particle Dispenser keeping his position on a radar shielded...

The question in his mind was: Where are they? I ought to have some company coming soon...

"Roger that, Cadet." Harrison followed suit, boosting quickly up to Ran's position. He also took the momentary reprieve to take a census of his equipment. He had on him his PAL, a Pulse Laser Array that was fully operational, two wrist chainguns and a shortsword.

While Alpha was busy fortifying their positions, the counter-attacking Reds were already within 10 KM of the Facility, with their Power Armors being sillhouetted against the sun. Almost immediately, the attacking power armors dropped low to the ground, with their figures being hidden under the ridge line of what appeared to be a circular hill that the Facility was placed on.

The 6 Demons that would make up the frontal assault force quickly low-crawled to the base of the hill, already readying their Type 1 rifles. Though their low-crawl took them within range of the Green's weapons, this did not mean that they themselves could effectively engage them at this range. Their plan was to run up the hill and blitz within range of the Greens, to take their attention off of the flanking forces. The corporal in charge of the 6 Demons drew a quick breath and ran over the top of the hill, stopping 5 meters from where he started and placed suppressing fire on the Greens, so his other squad members would do the same.

While the 6 Demons had gone over the edge, the 3 Dark Demons and 6 Cyclones under their command had divided up into two groups and stacked themselves further down the sides of the Demon group. While the Demons provided suppressing fire, the flanking forces would make their way along the sides of this circular hill, popping up to take a momentary pot-shot at the Greens and duck back down beneath the ridge, forcing the Greens to avert their attention from the frontal assault to the flanking forces. The Lieutenant was in one of these teams, commanding the entire assault from the front lines.

Meanwhile, Sergeant Tyler Jackson had a Cyclone on the ground, a result from him punching the bastard in the face. "What the fuck do you mean you FORGOT THE GODDAMNED BIPOD?!" He continued to relentlessly beat upon the Cyclone, before he was restrained by all 5 remaining Cyclones. "For fucks sake..." The prospect of not leading this assault had made the Sergeant rather testy. "This is the same number of people we had defending the damn place. How does the fuckin' Lieutenant think we're going to be able to take it back so easily?"

Tyler swallowed the mixed solution of blood and saliva in his mouth, a result of him nervously chewing away at the lining of his mouth. "As soon as those 6 Demons either die or break into the facility, we're going in after them. Fuck this long-range support shit."

------------

"Contacts over the horizon!" Ran shouted over the all-hands channel, his voice somewhat muffled by the large amount of spit that he had to swallow down his throat. He noticed that the Power Armors that now disappeared must have been using their lower position in front of a hill to their advantage. Now, with the 6 Demons out in the open, Ran had few more things to worry about. "Harrison, fire as soon as they change position to leap frog closer to us. Try do disrupt their maneuvering, but save your PAL shots."

Several flashes in the distance indicated that they were being shot at from several flanking forces, but due to the fact that the flanking Dark Demons only exposed themselves to take pot-shots at them, Ran had no idea to gauge how fast they were being flanked. "Kokuten, Cheza, Henry, watch your sides. I've got unknown number of forces trying to flank us." Ran crouched low, deciding what to do about that larger group further off in the distance, which didn't appear to be moving.

"Shit...I'm going to try and get some air support for us." Ran moved to the back of the building, still crouching low, in order to not be shot again. But already, the Morphine began to lose it's effects on him, and that throbbing pain in his right arm made it all that harder to issue orders. "This is Alpha Squad of the DD4 NSS Alliance, currently planetside at these coordinates." Ran sent the coordinates over the communication channel to any orbiting ship. "We are currently engaged with enemy forces and outnumbered. I am requesting any immediate air support available. Alpha out."

All that he needed to do now was wait for a response, and continue to try and hold as long as he could. "Try to hold off on any ARROW or DART attacks until they get in close, guys. Paint them with your PLAs if you have to, just to fuck with their heads."

Kokuten's breathing was uneasy with their current situation, the Medic wasn't exactly used to being in a stressful combat. He looked around as the scene seemed to light up with action. His WATER2 pressed against the building, it was getting hard for him to breath now.

What the hell...? Am I panicking? The Medic thought as he Mono-Eye zoomed around, almost seeming like a blur in his vision. Then the Medic came to a realization, God no... He put a hand on his helmet, I'm gunna get shot... The Medic quickly turned over and rolled into cover by the building.

No No NO... I can't fuck out... The Medic's mono-eyes turned into Cheza's direction. Beyond her, he was sure he could see an armor trying to flank their area. Infact, he was actually picking them on active sensors. Inside the armor, the medic was shaking, babbling a little, but that didn't stop his SBR from picking aim and firing off his shoots on the flanking groups.

If Henry wasn't fighting this battle in a powered armour, he'd be adjusting his glasses right now. He began to see the various Reds Powered Armours creep over the hill en mass. This only sent a minor discomfort to Henry, he knew had the long-ranged support of Harrison should things go awry.

"Here come the little blighters," Henry mumbled to himself as he took aim with his LBR, assisted with his Monoeyes while keeping a steady stance to absorb recoil and to aim at a new target afterwards. "No clue of strategy - whatsoe'er."
His targeting reticle fixed upon some poor Cyclone who'd decided to go ahead of everyone and play hero.

The characteristic BWUSH!! noise came from the LBR and went across the facility. That aforementioned Cyclone was now missing a good portion of his head. A fountain of blood spurted from his brain, which was left out in the open as the armour fell forward and landed facefirst into the hill.

Henry then took aim again, this time affixing to another Cyclone who'd come over to see what the hell had happened to his friend.
Henry wasn't going to spare mercy for this guy either. Another well placed shot (This time through the heart) took him out.

A cold grin came across his face as he stood where he was and kept his shields on and ready to boost away before someone decided to fight back.

"Nice shot, Morris. I can see the kill from here." Harrison pulled his PAL up and drew a bead on a Red approaching from north of the pipe and fired. The shot burrowed a hole in the Red's torso, revealing the top half of a male's upper body. The bottom half was presently laying on the ground, 10 feet away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back