• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Konoka: Can you link to this Goban thing? Nick was on that mission and as a player, all crew were accounted for. Mention of a castaway would put Saiga immediately into paranoid SAINT mode. Was this just a Eucharis adventure?

幽勝 - yuushou. There are a few words in Japanese that have that hiragana so I wanted to be clear which one I was having Sora say.But it means, "Beautiful and quiet scene."

Oh, okay. Your IC phrasing confused me. Looks like he was assigned to the Goban but not rescued from it. IC worries will remain but OOC fears are allayed. Thanks!

Um, guys?

I'm seeing a lot of spelling mistakes and typos, on fairly frequent basis. Most of them would be easy to spot on a reread of your posts. Could you try to make more of an effort to go over them and add some polish, if time permits, whenever you contribute?

I'm not trying to be the spelling police here. I typo and mess up too. Actually, whenever I post, there are definitely things that I more often than not return to in order to rephrase and correct (I rarely will change the intent, since people may already be reading, but I will try to reword and present better).

But these typos and mistakes are happening very often, so, I want to draw attention to it. I figure part of the blame might be that you're trying to post from touchscreen mobile devices, but still... it felt like it needed to be pointed out.

Also, since I'm being a spelling nazi, maybe I should set down some standards for you guys.

Writing like this in the RP is narrative. It's usually written in the past tense. You can also insert what your character is thinking directly in italics. Fred is such a jerk. Ship names are also sometimes italicized.

Speech is in quotes. "See? I'm talking now." Whereas if you send a message via digital transmission, it'll turn out either as a mental speech in the head "Just like this," whereas text messages will use code, like so:
Code:
Boo!
...though quotes can be used if you really need the forum formatting in your text message. Though quotes are usually reserved to show something that is displayed...
Control Panel said:
HERE BE DRAGONS.
...or a past roleplay scene you'd like to reference.
Asher said:
"Ey! Someone get m'helmet! Those panties iss' a source' a'powa!" cried Asher, looking desperately at his helmet.

Finally, there's the bold italic speech. I only ever used it when telepathy was of... extra-human proportion. Mishhu and Melisson used it. "HU HU HU."

Finally, Konoka... think you could try to make your posts breathe a little more. You already make paragraphs, but they're all sticking together in a 'wall of text' fashion. If you could add an extra space between each, it would be ideal, I feel. For example:

Could be...

Or at least please consider it? I know the narrative is part of your writing style, but I really think it could use more room sometimes.

Sure, Fred, I can add more spacing in future posts. That's no big deal.

FYI I edited my last post. During her "Im competent!" rant, Konoka mentioned containing a bio-threat during the Battle of Elysia Novus, but when I reread old Eucharis threads while looking for the Goban info, I realized it was actually the Battle of Nataria.

Konoka's been in a heck of a lot of battles actually o_0
Thus the IC snapping when Reika implied she might make a rookie error like accidentally shooting something.

I'll be back from work and able to post in about 10 hours --- I hate these morning shifts where I cover for my boss. They pretty much keep me from quickly responding at the same time you guys are on the board.

I will be gone for most of tomorrow night and all of Saturday for birthday celebrations but I should be back on Sunday. This is probably a lie but I think I will get bopped (or just given more alcohol) if I check the forums while I am out drinking with my friends.

My laptop is still acting wonky but I have many alternate devices I can post from. =) But for the most part, I am home all this week/weekend so I should be good for most regular posting. =)

I made a pause this weekend due to a family celebration (my grandma turned 80), though I also allowed myself that laziness because I wanted to give the chance for some other players (such as Khasidel) to catch up.

I'll be picking things up again now for the week.

Oh, also...Khasidel, I noticed Reika's bio update.

All I have to say is that Reika has turned her bounces and wobbles into deadly weapons of mass distraction.

If I must be honest, though, I prefered your previous picture better. I liked the previous one, and flagged the proportions as 'fantasy' with a "Mine are so big they are a bit unreal" subtext - she also seemed more the way you describe her. The new one seems to satyrize proportions more in a "my bosom is a running joke" way.

Yeah old Reika was adorbs. New Reika looks like an intense boob killing machine!

Surely for a war memorial, a sub-machine gun would be considered overkill?

A-am I missing something? NYPD walks around the subways carrying M4s, the RCMP does the same at their airports, and the UK's metropolitan police have SMG-armed patrols.

There are only a handful of special places in DC where the security guards carry anything heavier than a .45. It has to be a much higher force condition to get the military gate guards to carry rifles, so to me, in "peace time" and a relatively quiet area such as this memorial, to have guards with sub-machine guns is odd.

When my ship was in foreign ports, our security details carried the M4s, when we are in home port in a relaxed security condition- no.

This could be attributed to Sora never having stood guard anywhere and not being anywhere but Yamatai itself when she wasn't on ship.

Um, ladies and gents? This particular element really doesn't even deserve debate.

I chose un-power armored guards because PAs seemed overkill. I chose bodyarmor because I figured they were actual infantry - not police, or Star Army crewman. I picked SMGs because every Star Army crewman has an NSP, whereas the SMG is a "I mean serious business" thing.

That's all there is to it.

What model of body armor is it?

Fred said:
Um, ladies and gents? This particular element really doesn't even deserve debate.

Lol I don't think we were debating anything or expected a change. Haha.

It's Troll body armor.

Meaning it is made of troll skin which was peeled off live trolls spit on a stick - because it is well known that the more agony the troll feels as his skin is taken, the tougher the skin will be.

Then the skin is wrapped around nude elven maiden(s) so to impregnate thier latent magical properties to render it even more potent.

After that, it is properly cured, dried and then processed through the KZ automated mass-production factories, whom will make the various armor pieces which will be assembled in complete suits to ship to the frontline.

They've been rumored to be very effective, since they not only are tough and self-regenerative, but also make a clear statement to the Mishhuvurthyar: "Look at what we are willing to do to our good buddies the Trolls. Now imagine what we're going to do to you".

It is an assured cornerstone of the success of Star Army infantry.

Now, does anyone want to ask anymore questions about what my generic infantry guards are wearing and using, or can we just accept that they are just generic infantry guards and return our interest to more momentous things, such as Reika's bosom?

Or wishing Wes happy birthday. Happy Birthday Wes!

Dude Khasidel what happened to new Reika? I was looking forward to seeing intense amazon Reika in action on this mission!

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…