Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Just to formally put this up here: I am packing like mad today/shipping boxes and flying tomorrow. Will try to get a post up in the between times though.

Kim said:
Is Sora being jammed?

Good question. Locally, it doesn't seem so. But her messages off-planet are not being routed to their intended destination anymore.

Oh, also: the resemblance to Jo Midori is not to the point of them looking like twins. Looking alike and being alike is not the same in this context.

Thanks for the notice, Raz.

Fred said:
I don't see a problem with Fuyu having a concealed weapon, though I never thought of the Type 29 NSP as being that small.

Khasidel, great post, though I must point out something Tom wrote at the end of his previous post for Akiko:

Tom said:
Her gun fired three shots into the glass before Akiko made a dive out of the limousine to buy more distance between herself and the katana-armed warrior.

Meaning that by the time Kyōko dodges the car that Akiko should already be out.

It was a good move and I like the concern it displayed... except that Tom already had that covered. ^_^;

Ah! Missed that.

Fixed. :D

Internet not reliable here but I'm back on Wednesday! I'm just around the bend, don't worry I'll be back for surrrre!

I know I should probably post but I have no idea what to have Konoka do. She's trapped atop a cliff between samurai who are about to fight, and the most injured personnel around who she should be treating (Nicholas) went off the cliff with Kotori where she can't reach.

Indecision can be a part of roleplay. I've often seen people refraining from posting because they didn't know what to contribute, and losing the main point: you're here because you want to roleplay your characters.

Another thing I'd point out is how Reika is, so far, the member of their group whom is visibly the most hurt. Kotori and Saiga, by contrast, are a big unknown.

In doubt, Konoka could always ask for orders. Reika's her immediate superior. Sora would be the highest ranked, though she isn't presently 'serving' per se.

Right now, I'm also still waiting for a Sora/Sumaru/Akiko post as well.

I hope my post gives Konoka some direction for what to do now and still gives Star a chance to move Sumaru. =)

Posting tonight, home and settled. Had to crash the night I landed, and then had some family things for when we got back. Life happens.

Ah, I was skimming through the rest of the posts and concentrating to the ones I'd have to reply to. So I missed that bit. Lemme re-think and adjust.

Just to be clear:
Sora is dying.

Kim, feel free to keep posting for Sora - but that last wound she's been dealt is both crippling and fatal. The scalar radiation in that last shot made a mess of her nerve endings so she barely has any mobility. It's only a matter of time before her body breaks down.

Medically, there's not much that can be done for her save what would be available in an hospital. Some of what's in Konoka's medkit could delay that, but not stop it. Sora moving/being moved is also likely to hasten her death if not done properly (by means such as the EMS call Sora made previously - if/once they ever arrive).

Kindly do not have Sora 'expire' without my say-so.

When you say struck true, and then a hard parry, what do you mean? Did he cut her or no.

Also this armor, is it really stronger then zesuaium? I can understand it soaking the shots. But what happened with the strike, I'm not sure I follow.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back