Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

They are the white hilted ones with the red guards so I think these are his official samurai transparent zesuaium ones.

SSharp, we're not on Byakuren yet. We're at the Kagome spaceport of Kotori III, and we've gone there using a Type 30 Space Yacht named "Premier One" (it's Yuumi's ship, which Kotori is borrowing), which is was resting on a landing pad while Kotori's group left by shuttle for the memorial vigil.

I corrected the name by editing your post.

I'm not sure what you're doing in power armor, or what Arkase is presently doing anymore. I thought he was just staying on the ship. x_x

I'll let Raz sort that out with you. Just make sure you try to check in daily, as I am going to get things moving soon.

Sorry.

Did that post late (for me anyway) and without any good feeling. As for the power armor, I thought it was what would be required. I can edit/change as needed... It is a message, after all. Just let me know, Fred/Raz

I think what I'm the most concerned about is having you really know what your character has been up to and situated. Earlier, you didn't seem to quite know where you could fit in.

SSharp's character Arkase will unfortunately not be joining us. I gave SSharp a notice that I would give him a small window of opportunity to have his character join the group.

I sent a PM notification to notify that he should post, but even after it disappeared from the outbox (meaning it was read) there was still no postage done, four days after Raz made Nick reply to Arkase there is still no reply from SSharp.

Sorry SSharp, but I need to move things onward for my other active players. To have things make more sense ICly, I've removed Arkase's message to Nicholas and asked for a matching edit in Raz's answering post.

Arkase will be missing out on this leg of the trip.

Fred said:
SSharp's character Arkase will unfortunately not be joining us. I gave SSharp a notice that I would give him a small window of opportunity to have his character join the group.

I sent a PM notification to notify that he should post, but even after it disappeared from the outbox (meaning it was read) there was still no postage done, four days after Raz made Nick reply to Arkase there is still no reply from SSharp.

Sorry SSharp, but I need to move things onward for my other active players. To have things make more sense ICly, I've removed Arkase's message to Nicholas and asked for a matching edit in Raz's answering post.

Arkase will be missing out on this leg of the trip.

I understand. Sorry for taking too long ─ dealing with midterms and miscellaneous other things that have kept me busy. I'll be reading along and stuff, however. Just let me know when I can jump in Fred. :D Hopefully I won't be quite as busy as I have been.

Okay I am extremely ... cannot post. I saw "chaos." Plz don't fast forward too much I will write while on the train tomorrow.

Okay. >_>

Khasidel, good post, but a precision: what essentially happened to the limousine was that Ketsurui Samurai flying across the vehicle while slashing down with her zesuaium sword (poor armored limousine never had a chance). So it wasn't actually three separate projectiles, just one long sweep of a monomolecular-edged sword through the vehicle.

The blade had just the right angle to nick the top of the engine, go through the dashboard (possibly damaging any onboard computer), through the driver, then through the tinted 'glass' and it then plunged into the base of the left passenger door, ruining its hinges.

Glass fragments work, mind you. Could've been just bulletproof glass. But I was imagining transparent durandium. Since durandium is a metal, it would likely not break and fragment like glass.

Up to you if you want it to be glass or not. In thinking durandium, I was just trying to give credit to Reika summoning armored limousines. Unfortunately, the civilian sector doesn't usually have to deal with zesuaium katana-toting samurai. =P But I really need to point out that an LASR was definitely not involved. Sorry for not having made it clear enough in the original post.

Question: Is Saiga falling after bouncing off rocks or am I landed somewhere? Going to think of what to post while I prepare for the train ride.

The cliffside wasn't immediately a sheer drop. Nicholas fell down, hit a rocky incline a couple of meters down, cracking something (ribcage) before bouncing off into real freefall.

Let me know if there is issue with Fuyu having had a Type 29 NSP as I opted for that due to it having a price tag, and it being relatively tiny. Not to mention a better weapon than a datapad.

I don't see a problem with Fuyu having a concealed weapon, though I never thought of the Type 29 NSP as being that small.

Khasidel, great post, though I must point out something Tom wrote at the end of his previous post for Akiko:

Tom said:
Her gun fired three shots into the glass before Akiko made a dive out of the limousine to buy more distance between herself and the katana-armed warrior.

Meaning that by the time Kyōko dodges the car that Akiko should already be out.

It was a good move and I like the concern it displayed... except that Tom already had that covered. ^_^;

RPG-D RPGfix
Back