• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

My apologies, I was actually trying to catch you online since I hadn't talked to you about my character at all, nor was I sure if you'd seen her. Making sure there wasn't anything you wanted changed, that kind of thing.

Long briefings are fine. They get the info across and save time and allow for postage to happen rather quickly afterwards.

Any questions that need to be asked can be done after said huge briefing during the Q&A phase.

There. Got things rolling and made the entry for your SAINT handler.

It seems wierd to stress on a character's beauty like that. I'm always scared of overselling in such narratives.

But few characters, if any, have ever had contact with Elysians, or seen a true archangel. I kept thinking that seeing one - a real one - would probably make it feel a bit larger than life; not to mention that poise and looking perfect is probably one of the things the Elysians try to cultivate that paints quite the contrast with the adult-acting but painfully young nekovalkyrja. For those whom did see Elysians in the past, well... let's just say that Micheal Padapoulos was probably not the best example of angely... angelness.

I can verify that. Most of the Elysian PCs that have been around in the SAoY to date are nothing like the average Patrician, or even Caelisolan. The only one I can think of that really matched up well was Serra, and even she had some pretty major quirks.

Fred said:
For those whom did see Elysians in the past, well... let's just say that Micheal Padapoulos was probably not the best example of angely... angelness.

Micheal Papadapoulos certainly wasn't angel-like. Quite the opposite of an angel, in the end, and with a deserving fate.

Posted again, and began the briefing in earnest.

The Elysian, Celeste, is asking you to give her an idea of what your characters know of Kotori. This isn't a contest to have you dig and uncover information in the Miharu plot, or the wiki. Just go with whatever you know already, with a focus on what you think your characters should know.

Or, if you've little to provide, you can also just react to the announcement: you were, after all, just told that SAINT was on the lookout for criminal activity on a Ketsurui princess, and intended you guys to be their instrument either to spy on her or assassinate her.

If some have not yet posted, that's okay. The narrative mentioned a few other yet unnamed people being in the meeting. You can still post yourselves in.

However, from this point on, I'm moving forward with the people I have.

Celeste has given you a rundown of Kotori's more recent activities. Amongst those is a mention of an uprising she tried to resolve in Ketsurui no Iori. You can actually find that story written here - please keep in mind that this happened earlier, during the winter, and that it's missing an aftermath post for closure.

Now is question time, if you guys have any on the context your host unveiled. Bear in mind what she provided was the 'tame' part of what she could inform them of, at Sune's request.

Also, I've only had one post from Sigma and SSharp, and no post at all from Aendri. Should I be worried? Is there a problem, or something I'm not doing right? Need any help?

Sorry if I'm slow. My job at a nearby private school has become... odd. I'm substitute teaching and then afterschool and sometimes office work. And this past week, I worked 11+ hours, 4 out of 5 weekdays. Since they're so short staffed, I've become the #1 go to guy for everything they need. Same thing should be expected this next week. I will try to get posts in, assuming i'm not brain dead. Will update you more if it continues to be an issue.

Sigma said:
Sorry if I'm slow. My job at a nearby private school has become... odd. I'm substitute teaching and then afterschool and sometimes office work. And this past week, I worked 11+ hours, 4 out of 5 weekdays. Since they're so short staffed, I've become the #1 go to guy for everything they need. Same thing should be expected this next week. I will try to get posts in, assuming i'm not brain dead. Will update you more if it continues to be an issue.

Thanks for filling me in Sigma.

Ah. More than one person has come to me airing the worry that something would go bad with Sune's opposition to Celeste. It went from "Sune might ruin the plot!" to "Sune is going to leave the plot!"

So, I want to say: it's cool. Don't worry about it.

Is there stepping on eggshells involved? Yeah, sure, some: Celeste is a tough customer. But self-determination is a LARGE part of the power I wanted to give you guys for this plot, and that includes being more flexible and adapting on my part than I was with Miharu. I did not expect it to apply so soon during the plot's toddler steps, but these unexpected elements is one of the things that make GMing fun.

Sure, I had idealized ideas of how things might go and imagined 'what-if' scenarios in my head, but as the military says: "No plan truly survives contact with the enemy." If something unexpected happens, I'll roll with it. If I'm somehow screwed, I'll probably ask for input.

Besides, Sune wants my baby-Kotori to live! There's no way I could be mad about that! xD

Sune is being true to his nature. He is not a cloak and dagger kind of person. In fact every mission he has been involved that SAINT was a factor went badly. He is also a patriot, he believes in the Empire and what it stands for. He does plan on leaving, nor will he ruin the plot. His morale character would not let sit by idly while someone spoke of assassinating a royal. :)

I really just want to establish that the tension is solely in character. If it worried some, it deserved to be said. I also figured the OoC confirmation that I felt you were doing great with him would be, if nothing else, a relief.

Many of you are new players under my wings, and I'm the GM you've never had starting a new plot with an approach I've never taken. Giving assurances to avoid misunderstandings sounded like a good idea.

I didn't see it as an issue. Makes sense to me that not everyone would be terribly comfortable being ordered to do questionable things based on suspicion rather than evidence.

"Compromise your morals on a hunch that we're correct. If we are, good things happen. If we're not, well, nothing lost except your moral integrity."

Fred, I noticed that several of the crew on the roster are showing as 01 - Soldier who are actually soldiers with professions, such as Arkase and Katsumoto, who are both Infantry. Is there a reason they are mislabeled.

Actually, I haven't touched the Byakuren's wiki page at all. It was started by Wes, and the updating was mostly Khasidel's work.

Khasidel's efforts included a chibi infestation... but considering Khasidel went out of his way to proactively contribute, I kind of decided to go with it.

Congrats, Khasidel. You saved the chibis.

I was pretty much just following what's written in the Star Army Occupations wiki article and trying to give everyone a code by following the positions listed in the table there, rather than have half with or without the alphanumeric codes like it has on the messier Eucharis roster page. Though if you guys want to change it to not have the codes or whatever it's all good. :D

The chibis can take care of themselves...Beware the Chibis. They multiply faster than tribbles, are ten times cuter and are all made out of pure concentrated EVIL. :twisted: You shall learn to obey your Chibi overlords or face their undying wrath!

Take heart, Khas, Fred actively resisted the chibi movement throughout the ending days of the Miharu. It says something he's not actively exterminating them now.

Also, apologies for my disappearance. Between two days of working fourteen hour shifts, and going out of town without notice, I was rather completely wrecked. I'll most likely post this evening once I actually have food in my house (and preferably my belly).

RPG-D RPGfix
Back