• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

I have no objection to using the #'s Wes has the documented on the page, but when looking at the Roster, it would be good to see the actual career for the Infantry which being ship based would be 01C Infantry.

I knew personally that Arkase is Infantry, because he was on the Aeon, and the Nadare both of which I ran. But a new player might not, and unless you know the colors, its not apparent.

Woah. Byakuren moves faster than I anticipated. I thought I could get away with being gone for a day, but apparently not. I'll write up a post for Arkase now~

Whenever you can come up to it, SSharp. We're presently mostly in infodump mode right now.

This said, second part of the infod-err, briefing- is up. The first was mostly Kotori's pre-RP history, and now it's mostly a rundown of the Sakura missions she participated in.

Celeste has a different way of explaining it than most PCs would have too, so her explanation is really not as personal and heavily factually summarized with a health dose of "I wasn't there, but learned mos of what was worth knowing about this".

I believe that Nashoba and Konoka are both waiting for a Sigma post.

I myself was waiting on this so to have Celeste come out chronologically later, since her own recounting of Kotori's tour of duty on the Sakura was probably longer than the exchange Konoka, Sune and Izumi were having.

Also, others can post impressions if they'd like regarding Celeste's info feed and Amaya's log entries.

I'm at work now, but by the time I'll get back home I'll post Celeste's return and start on the events pertaining to the Miharu plotship.

Also, anyone noticed that Celeste is talking like a Nepleslian most of the time? Name before surname, and sometimes english ranks crop up (admiral/taisho, lieutenant/Taii, etc...)

I'm waiting to see a Tom and MoonMan post. But a reply has been made.

Sune may not like to play games but he's already playing along to Izumi's.

Last part of the 'history lesson' posted.

That summary wasn't easy to write. I apologize if it's an unyieldy read.

Hey Nashoba, feel free to semi-GM with Konoka when going around Kyoto until you need something specific that's mission/plot related. Odds are, with Wes' more frequent stops at the capital that you'd have a better mental picture of the place.

Final part of the briefing posted up!

Do note that the three weeks Celeste mentions is time I intend to have you guys roleplay. Most of this can be pulled off in side-RPs that you guys can set up by yourselves if you'd like.

To do that, all you need to do is declare here the kind of thing that you'd like to set up, and get the appropriate threads/JPs going for the occasion. This isn't too different from the sidestories which happened in the Miharu and 44th Fireteam plots.

For example, I know Nashoba will likely have Sune set out to find Kotori. That's one possible sidestory.

Reika having a team meeting with her SAINT team is another. Training sessions for whatever is another.

As long as no plot-critical elements is touched on, I've no problem seeing SARP members at ease with Yamatai or SAINT (Khasidel, Nashoba and Tom come to mind) take semi-GM roles in non plot-critical situations. If you need me as referee, I am also available.

For the sake of the chibi lovers, I'll go "Whee! CHIBIS! xD"

As for me, I'll go for the dour "Kotori has one finger too many on each hands!" comment!

Nashoba, Khasidel sent Sune a text message, but your latest post does not address it. Did you miss it?

Yeah, saw the first reference to Sune, when I posted mine, didn't see the other one. Amending my post.

Anyone want to do anything with Arkase? Barring that I'll probably write up some long post of him being solo, depending on if Fred approves or not.

Fred approves. Fred is trying to be very accommodating about you people planning out your next moves, rather than leading you by the nose: which he could do, but thinks it might not feel nearly as satisfying.

Fred however knows there is also the pitfalls of people idling and not getting anything done. Sometimes, too much time is like not enough. Therefore, consider yourselves mentally nudged to that effect to get you guys moving. Fred can't post for you: you have to be interested enough to post for your own characters in the situation you're presently in - such is the nature of roleplay.

Fred believes that right now, Sune is likely determined to keep the conferring to a gathering of mostly Eucharis people. Clique-ish, but Fred can't really blame him. Otherwise Fred thinks that there'd be chances for a bigger gathering to be done - maybe it'd come later, once Sune and Reika have a 'game plan'. Doesn't mean the other characters stop living in the meantime - there's no reason why people other than former-Eucharis crew could not have their own agenda.

Fred wonders about the 2-day stop in posting. He wonders if there's anything he might do to help out there.

Fred is also getting weary of writing in 3rd person. So, post submitted!

And Reika is waiting for a reply from Saku :D

I'll make a post for Reika anyways and get us moving on...

Well, right now my hands are tied. Sune is pretty much running his own thing in 0.21, and that thread is pretty much all up to those involved in it. If you want something to happen in there, you'll have to keep up the post rate for it.

As for the others, I've no idea of what you want to do so I can't be of much help either until then.

Also, I understand that Ira would like to bring in his character, Ira Ramirez, into this plot as well. That works with me, though I'll need confirmation of his interest beyond just an IRC mention and a way to introduce him in (we can always assume that he was there at the briefing already too - I did include some 'faceless people mentions' to allow just that).

Finally, I'm keeping busy on my end with my own preparatory stuff. Spent hours working on the plotship itself yesterday, for instances... and there's still more work to do on it. I'll also be working on prologue bits concerning Kotori's side of the story too for your reading pleasure. Once I can get to it, that is - we're hitting exams soon at IT networking school over here.

I've been thinking of trying to get a commission done of Fuyu, instead of asking for a chibi. Though, I wonder how well asking the artist for 'Periwinkle.' eyes would go over... And yes, I know I still need to finish the bio. >.> It's mostly done save for inventory stuff. Though I've left the history somewhat intentionally bare bones so I can fill in the blanks as we go.

Also, Fred. Should I get a hold of Doshii to do a JP involving Fuyu/the Asamoya sprites talking over the Byakuren thing with the Miharu Clan?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back