Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Shotjon, I need a Shinon post today, or else I'm going to have to auto her for you in order to keep things moving for the others.

I posted, I am unsure as to who all is actually in the team. Is it just me, Raz, Mog, Tom and Khas? Also each GM takes aether usage within atmosphere differently, does it work in atmo in your rules Fred?

Yeah, are the NPCs there? Any of them that are supposed to regularly accompany the princess in later missions should be there.

Thanks Shotjon.

The people there are Nicholas, Shinon, Reika, Kyoka and Akiko. I know it'd probably make more sense to have other NPC characters along, but right now I'm trying to keep things more lean, less cumbersome.

Flag it as one personalized training session amongst many. I'd beg for your suspension of disbelief for the time being until I've some confidence that the people I've left are consistently active. Right now, some people barely make my 3 days posting requirement.

Also, the 'real' OoC objective for me regarding this session is to have you guys work together and get along, and also get used to my GMing style when I arbitrate things. While I do want to give you the power to command people in the future, I think it might be better to start smaller (I know it's a bit of a shame for Kyoka, who is totally qualified for team command, but ends up being a grunt here - sorry).

As for aether weaponry, I don't have any constraint in mind regarding atmospheric use. Their function as directed energy weaponry shouldn't be impeded. The thing I generally stress with aether weaponry is the sheer heat they generate - sustained exposure will expose surroundings to a lot of heat.

Including water and rice stalks.

Ey, no apologies. That just opens up another avenue of character development for Kyoka.

Act 1: "I left a command position for this?"

I must specify for precision's sake that the six drones that emerged from the water are also nodal support bits.

I used "drones" as a generalization, but in my head they were all the same. Sorry. I edited for clarity's sake.

I honestly don't know the significance of different Star Army drone types. Drones are drones are drones. Could you link to the specific article of what's attacking us?

Also:
I started a pad to have this Fuyu JP I've been talking about. The information for it is in your PM inbox Soresu.

Also, I'd like to ask about Khasidel's and Tom's JP. Progress appears to be... cumbersome. Is there any help I can offer to help ease this along?

Thanks, Fred. I had left a note in the pad saying I'd more than likely begin to write later in the day due to it being 2am at the time. ^^; I'm starting to write now.

EDIT: Posted in said pad.

Well, I wasn't as good as my word. I held off a few more days hoping Moogle would be able to squeeze in a post if I gave some extra time. Alas, not the case.

I autoed Kyoka.

Note: when I auto a character, I do make a semblance of competency. But that doesn't mean that what I make them do is the best possible plan. My only goal in this case is to move the story onward, not to make the character you're not roleplaying look good. THAT, I reserve to those that are active.

Argh, my bad. I need to re-add this to my bookmarks, because it isn't showing up whenever I do my tabba-palooza. Posting tomorrow.

goddamnit.

Just so you know, Fred, I spoke with Mog and am waiting on that before I post my bit.

I feel like we collectively wait until Fred's GM posts to reset our personal post limit timers. Maybe let's all do our best to post something if the opportunity's there based on any player's actions so that Fred enjoys his half of the plot.

Well, I kind of sense that by the absence of reply posts thus far that my ruthlessly incapacitating two players the way I did might have taken some of you aback.

If there's a problem with that, feel free to bring it up. I'm okay with discussing it in regards to my projected level of difficulty for this plot in regard to this particular set of opponents.

I'd have liked to think that part of the reason you're here is because you wanted me as the person whom would arbitrate and make judgment calls, as well as provide elements to move the story onward in a fashion that would promote your growth and give you moments to shine.

I have this philosophy that bad guys want to win too. Another is about shared victories. Then one other is that bad things can happen to good characters - but this often provides ways to present adversity which makes it more satisfying when PCs do manage to prevail.

Taking Reika and Shinon out was neither meant or intended to be a punishment. They didn't necessarily commit an blatant mistake. If there were any missteps, they really weren't this glaring. But as referee, I have to portray your opponents too. As a storyteller, I have to provide foreshadowing, and provide ways to prepare against danger - and pace these things in the longer-term too.

We're preparing, right now (cue Rocky training music). We're weaning these PCs so that when they do meet rogue-samurai, they won't fall so easily.

In other news, my collegial attestation is over. I've completed all my classes. I've yet to get my grades for one class, but I'm fairly confident as to my success.

The next month will have me at home studying for certification exams (COMPTIA+ and CCNA). I should, however, be available to post. I suggest you make the most of it. :)

RPG-D RPGfix
Back