Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

I got posts during the weekend. Yay!

I'm still missing Moogle posts, though. Not a biggie presently, but if Kyoka is to be team lead, I'll need more from Mog.

Glad to see you around Moogle! :)

It's grown obvious that on one was really interested in JPing during the survey period, so, I removed thread 1.2 and renumbered thread 1.3 to 1.2

We presently have 3 JPs pending for thread 1.1:
  • One which involves Fuyu and Hinoto, roughly during brunch (nearly complete)
  • One which involves Kotori and Reika in the evening, once they take a stab a being room-mates (complete)
  • One the next morning, which has Reika and Akiko go downplanet (in progress)

Present plans involves resolving the survey results within a week of in-character time... which we should skip to once the second simulation is complete. After that, we'll drop back by Yamatai, spend a couple of IC days there, and then leave once more.

There's something I want to cover with Soresu at Yamatai in a JP regarding a new PC he created, Koyama, which is Kotori's newborn sister. Timeline-wise, we're before Koyama leaves to join Task Force Lantern, and I'd like to get that first meeting out of the way.

I could also cover another JP withReika for that time period, depending on Khasidel's availability and inclinations.

Finally, Shinon alluded in the past to wanting to have a talk with Kotori. With Shinon being the senior Star Army soldier, they'd likely need to talk some things out before leaving port once more.

Well how is it with Raz's character now timeline wise? Because technically he was still present on the ship as it left into the space? Do we do a tiny retcon and make it that the simulation takes still in Yamatai or what? I am bit confused.

Our time out of port totals 7 days.

The simulation happens midway, say, on day 4.

Day 7, we discover what we wanted and then return to Yamatai for a couple of days at dock to refit/resupply. There, Saiga/Konoka disembark.

Say we leave again at Day 10, Saiga and Konoka would not be coming along with us.

I wanted to write my post today, but ended up doing research about what kind of environment I'd put you in and ran out of time.

Sorry. I'll try to get a post out during the weekend. You guys probably won't reply to it until Monday, but eh - I figure it's still better if I get it out as early as possible.

Stay tuned. :)

One note I want to make regarding the M6 Daisy's forearm weapons. They can horizontally turn like a turret, but as GM I've never interpreted it as something that could conveniently fire on its own, so much as provide the user with a bit of 'smart aiming' and to occasionally fire those off at sometimes impossible angles.

For example, someone going "please help me out by firing on your own" to their AIES might see the turrets actually amount to very little since: 1- they aren't supposed to do this on their own; 2- they usually don't have the field-of-fire to do so since they've very little ability to tilt upward (no vertical pivot).

Usually, when firing a rifle from the shoulder, the forearm weapons are seldom at an angle to contribute. However, while pointing a rifle forward but leaning sideways, you could have the turret swivel left-to-right firing on any targets of opportunity. Same thing for pointing your arm toward an incoming swarm of missiles: the turret will try to assist you in smart-aiming the incoming warheads to mow them down as quickly and efficiently as possible.

And, for those impossible angles, it's like pointing a rifle forward, but finding yourself suddenly beset from above: provided the forearm is in the right angle to allow the turret-like swiveling, the pulse cannon could fire upward and cover that angle.

Same could go with seeing someone attack from behind. The turret could swivel 180 degrees and give that attacking power armor the ranged equivalent of an hard elbowing in the gut.

Sorry for the mess of a post. Didn't get much sleep, but I knew I had to get this one out since more people depended on this one >_<

There will be a bit of a delay on my next post.

These last couple of days had me crunching in preparation for the COMPTIA A+ certification exam I had today. Good news: I passed it. However, last night was nearly sleepless for me, as I was too wired with the upcoming exam to get much in the way of REM sleep.

So, I'll get to replying sometime tomorrow when I feel somewhat more coherent. ^_^;

I did take my time, though I didn't expect to be struck by server outage when I did have time to sit down and write my post.

I'll make sure to have something for you guys by the point the server move in done. Sorry for the delay.

Geez - where's my post? I was sure I had posted a follow up already, and I don't see it. o.O

...and here I was, checking back to see if there were any replies, only to see that my own post wasn't there. Not sure if this was because of the forum move (probably not, since I waited until it was over), or because I simply forgot to click submit properly.

I mean, I wouldn't be posting elsewhere on the board if my own priorities weren't taken care of already. >_>;

Damn. Master procrastinator, me. I'll get something else out this weekend.

Well, my latest reply went up two days ago. So did a few JPs we had on ice that I figured ought to be posted up.

Thanks. I know Fuyu is kind of in a guest-role niche in the Byakuren plot, but I really appreciate the fact that you're pretty much around and posting whenever there's need/opportunity to do so.

I've gotten word from Shotjon and Moogle. The former is busy with some things, and apparently lacking in inspiration to post, whereas the latter is busy with start-of-semester-stuff. As for Tom, nothing.

I'm kind of going to take it easy on the post rate thing until start of September. I'm hoping, by this point, that everything will be in order enough to have anyone steadily contribute.

I've seen Tom pop up on Skype every so often, but it was rather late at night. So it'd be early his time over in Japan. I may drop him an IM, see how things are going for him and get some info on his status.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back