Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

I've updated the JP with Khas and have posted. We're moving slowly but surely.

I see the light at the end of the tunnel schedule-wise. :D

I believe, considering the context, that posts from Khasidel, Shotjon and Tom would be in order before I resolve actions.

Basically, Kyoka said to attack. Tell us how your characters intend to do that.

Yes, a simple visual would be good. I'm a little uncertain of where and how many enemies are engaging us.

I'll post Akiko going all Maverick when I wake up if not. :lol:

That is a very nice visual aid! *claps approvingly for Fred*

What did you use to make it?

Thanks.

I could've use something much simpler in MSPaint, but I wanted a bit of reusability so I took the pains to make something more elaborate in Photoshop.

First I used Google Map to find an actual bamboo forest. I switched over to Google Earth to have the scaling and perspective I wanted then made a screen capture to copy it over to my academic version of Photoshop.

With the image pasted in, I then created a checkered pattern to establish a 100-meter scale. I added a green path to symbolize the park path the PC group was following.

Then I created larger icons which I tweaked, added a bit of visual flair and lowered the transparency some to make them more part of the picture before then reusing them as the NavPoint icon, the friend icon and the enemy icon.

I distributed those icons around the map, moving and rotating as needed. When I had them in positions matching previous text descriptions, I started writing labels for each of those, going with the bolded Arial font - going all caps but resorting to a smaller font size where you'd usually expect lowercase letters.

Finally, I wanted to subtly tie in each name to their respective symbol, so I bounded the text/names in a shadowy box, and created a line from each that would reach out to each symbol to help in associating them.

Well, I can't wrap this up unless I have postage from Khasidel and Shotjon.

Also, I don't know if you guys want to roleplay some post-sim downtime. The Asamoya's public baths are likely an adequate place for that.

Also, some of you have PMs I sent you that have yet to be answered.

Just so you guys know, Moogle has chosen to remove Kyoka from the Byakuren plot; we talked, and I'm going to NPC Kyoka until I can give her a graceful exit.

So, if you don't see her interact much during your bath scene, that's why. I know Shinon wanted to have a talk with her, so, just assume something like that will happen 'off camera'.

Yeah Fred, I think that would be for the better. Shinon just wanted to tell her that it would be better to not storm off from a superior officer like that before. But Shinon is understanding and stuff she would not reprimand the neko. Plus Shin would tell her that she did really good in the VR.

If you guys don't feel up to socializing in the baths anymore, you can write yourselves exits.

It's somewhat better to end it than to just conclude it by leaving it hanging.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back