Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Did you make those up yourself, Shotjon?

Exhack once made mentions of Adolf The Warbarian, a Nepleslian version of Conan that was either a comic or show. Then there's Phalanx Philip. Never seen the others.

I did not make those up actually, they are both on wiki. Well as a movies, but I figured there would be some kind of comic version as well. Especially for Dave The Marine.

Murasaki no Densetsu was something I brought up years ago back when Kotori was still a relatively new player character. Basically, while she had been fostered in a civilian environment, kids she played with had this game that was a cross between Ninja Gaiden and Megaman Legends starring "Murasaki the Nekovalkyrja Samurai". Kotori fangirled Murasaki hard and within six months covered the entire fourteen chapters of the series.

But then, she stopped pining for the next installments (and all associated media), because she had to be like Murasaki 'in real-life'. Enter joining the Star Army, being the YSS Sakura's XO, and then the CO of her own ship.

Well, no... but between moviestar-smiles, oranges, surviving a dare party, and rebel nekos; it was the latter that did the most damage to her belief in the nobility of the nekovalkyrja.

Well. I've been more or less waiting around for that. But I believe the thread in question was meant to allow all of you a chance to socialize through SP or JPs.

Since I didn't see smoking craters and death tolls in the millions, guess that means Fred didn't receive his gift of global destruction and soul reaping this year for Christmas.

You're mistaken. :)

But the giftgiver also cared about preserving our reality as we saw it, and so gave me an alternate universe to play with to my heart's content - SAoF.

Seems no one else is interested in replying in the free-time thread so I suggest we move forward a bit if that is possible.

Like I announced earlier, things are presently on hold as far as plot advancement goes until the 44th Fireteam plot completes their present scenario, after which the plan is to merge both plots.

I have a thread 1.4 planned, but that's mostly as repository for Joint Posts planned or in the works. Thread 1.5 is post-merge, and where we actually resume the story.

So I was sitting here thinking on ways to bolster activity while we wait for the 44th to wrap up. There really is no reason to not in the meantime do a series of 'Side' JPs between the crew to develop their personalities and personal relationships between everyone. Perhaps it could even lead to further opportunities down the line for plotlines or hooks to further the overarching storyline. I personally have been bored to tears lately and would welcome the opportunity for something to do.

And that's because I want to finish the 0.1, which is basically the time the Shadow Viper made an attempt on Kotori and Yuumi's life, which ended up being the foundation of why Koyama was even born. I don't feel I can RP something important consistently well, especially if it's not on a good foundation.

I'm almost done with that, though. All I pretty much need is to give myself a few kicks in the rear to sit and write the end of that (with Doshii making the occasional cameo since I need him for Yuumi and Kosuka) and this'll be done. I've just be very 'path of least resistance' lately. x_x

Hi Fred, I dont want you to see my lack of reaction as lack of interest. I am still here. I am just unable to JP thanks to my schedule. My new job leaves me busy and tired so I am lucky enough to SP.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back