• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Fred, if you get a chance, jump on the irc? I'd like to talk to you for a moment.

I was talking to ira, and I don't feel like it makes sense for Susuyu to follow them into the strip club/dance club/whatever you want to call it, and I'm not going to make Sigma play with me just to make myself happy. So I'd like to discuss options, if I could.

SSharp, my character only mentions Tachihara because she's the leader of the SAINT contingent and Celeste told the group to coordinate with her during the breifing.

Doublepost, whatever.

So it looks like we're at a point to re-merge threads. What's your preference, Fred? Will give SSharp, Tom, Konoka and the others some chances to reply in the meantime.

If the point is leaving the bar/warehouse, and seeking out Kotori, a thread 0.4 works (frankly, I'd like to rename thread 0.21 as 0.3... but I lack the necessary mod powers).

I'm compelled to note, for Khasidel's sake, that moving around in the capital city of your planet inside a shuttle is likely to look very much like people using helicopters to move around in a city rather than cars.

Kyoto is many things, but a futuristic metropolis of flying cars was never the impression I got from it. Wes seems to like his retro/old school. Flying in a shuttle to land in places cars should park will look wierd. Traffic-Controller-comes-gripe-at-you wierd.

Of course, for young nekos whom barely ever visit planets, that bit of common sense could be... elusive.

Near the shuttle landing pads you can find car rental businesses. Consider renting a Zephyr or Big Cat for the day.

Check out the Byakuren page - Everyone has artwork of their character now.

:shock: Creepy little midgets... so so creepy...

As Wes mentioned above, Yamatai does have flying cars -- though they haven't really been depicted in the setting much. They'd probably be the best means for them getting around Yamatai except for getting all the way to Ralt -- which is on a whole different continent and would take several hours by aircar going by their max speeds.

The shuttle would be a better choice then, assuming their search for Kotori forces them to eventually go to Ralt if they don't find the Taisa nearer to Kyoto.... where is the Ketsurui Samurai house anyway? I haven't seen a specific location for it mentioned. If its written in the wiki somewhere I've missed it.

Anywho, right now we should probably just get them to rent a couple of those Big Cat's to get around...

Also, should we make a new 0.4 thread and skip ahead 20 mins to the meet-up?

Khasidel said:
:shock: Creepy little midgets... so so creepy...
Just remember that it's your fault for having me allow them into this plot! xD

[...]should we make a new 0.4 thread and skip ahead 20 mins to the meet-up?

I'm all for a fast-forward over trivialities so that we can get everyone together. Feel free to start the thread, and provide the narrative that would get us all to this point.

Started the next. We are met-up. Or at least will be soon. Change the title if you feel like it, Fred.

Nicholas would key a message in reply on his communicator, using his old SAINT authorizations to CC the roster of crewmen who had been at the meeting.

A few others in uniform passed nearby, but he couldn’t make out their faces. If they belonged, they would recognize somebody among the forming congregation.

Anybody who wants to be there can be there. Straight-up.

I've gotten word that Moonman and Sigma might not join in favor of doing their own two-person thread.

I'd like to bring up the warning that Nicholas and Reika's grouping is starting on what is probably going to be what I'd call the 'main event' of the Prologue. Once they visit the samurai house, those present and active then will get on 'the ride' and I'll have to leave the rest behind.

This likely will go on until much later in the prologue, around the point where I'm ready to introduce Soresu's Fuyu and have the PCs lay eyes on the Byakuren proper.

I don't know Sigma and MoonMan's intentions, but if there's a strong possibility of the groups independently converging, would that be favorable?

I understand that Izumi ICly prefers to avoid group settings to approach people one-on-one. Thus, this feels intentional and Sigma is playing his character as he likes, even though that means he won't be as involved with what the rest of us will be doing until he gets on the Byakuren itself.

Due to the 'three weeks of preparation', that kind of leeway can be worked with, I guess. It might fit Moonman's schedule better as well - not to mention he had a hard time finding ways to insert himself in (even though now would be ideal).

Sorry 'bout the slow reply this time, been busy with work -- I'll make a proper post this evening once I get back from my job.

I'll post later this evening. Long day at work β€” didn't sleep much last night β€” so I am uncomfortable doing it here.

Posted. Just because I moved us along doesn't mean you can't write about stuff before getting there. Jus' saying :]

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…