Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Wow, Khasidel. You've put my on introduction post to shame. Well done. :)

In case some of you still don't know about it, Khasidel took me up on the offer to create side-characters that would be part of the crew. It's those characters Reika ends up greeting - you can also find them on the Byakuren wiki page.

Can't wait for Sora to walk up and "what this isn't the right princess!"

Apologies for the short posts, I wanted to jump in before time ran out on me. :) currently prepping for guests and I'm posting from my iPod.

I've been using the term for a while now. It's just, like, formal Japanese. As in how you'd speak in court, using the formal variants of words rather than the slang/colloquial.

To me, it read as overly ostentatious, when just saying the words were spoken formally would've carried the message.

But Kim has been around for a longer time than me. I was wondering if the 'High' had any past basis.

That, and I wanted to poke fun at her. ~_^

Fuyu all grown!

I figured when Sora has to name drop Grandma, her dialect gets extra fancy. ;) I'll post replies tomorrow once my friends roll out.

Only missing the 3 characters who have been missing so far. Get on the ship, guyze!

Hey guys, just a heads up. I'll be in transit all day today, going to Ontario to spend time with mai gurrrl. So with that said, I won't be on until probably Wednesday - Thusday, because of other plans. So I'll see you folks then! Auto Sumaru shuffling around behind Sora if anything.

It's cool 5tar. Kim seems to be handling it. Jump back in whenever you're able. :)

raz said:
“No, not at all,” the chusa said in response to Kotori’s courteous query that suggested any other answer could be acceptable.

Ha! This made me chuckle. Of course he didn't have any other choice, but I'm glad the subtext got through.

At the time I made the post, I had actually thought of writing that impression in, but decided to leave it out hoping the subtlety of the message would get through. And it did, so, I'm glad.

Raz, there's a bit of confusion I'd like to clear up.

This post of mine kind of hints that Premier One doesn't have much in the way of cargo or vehicle complement aside from Kotori's "luggage".

Yours hints that there's more.

Personally, I was aiming to limit the military hardware on the yacht because it was still essentially a civilian vessel - being issued power armor is non-trivial for little documented private ventures such as Kotori's.

If Nicholas arranged thing differently overnight, that's fine. What I'd like to aim for here presently is clarity to straighten that mental picture out.

The Type 30's page says it's got 4 shuttles and up to 30 armors. I was assuming that the shuttles were a standard thing, and that we had about 5-8 armors for the combat personnel (aendri and moon, ssharp, and a few extras if a combat situation arose for use by technicians). I can edit my post to get rid of the shuttles — I only did that, again, because the wiki gave me the impression they were standard. I don't think the armors are unreasonable, though, as they're probably just hidden away along a bulkhead and would maintain an empty-looking shuttle bay.

I changed it to remove the shuttles. Easy enough.

I assumed based on postage which enlisted were there. If I'm wrong, let me know, and I'll edit my post accordingly as well.

Though Arkase will be chewing out those three for being late, if they do arrive in time to board.

Edit: Stupid grammar mistakes fixed.

raz said:
The Type 30's page says it's got 4 shuttles and up to 30 armors.

And somehow, I totally missed that. o.O

That's mostly my bad, then. Yes, it does make look like it's the expected standard complement.

Anyhow, thanks for helping me clarify this. :)

SSharp said:
Though Arkase will be chewing out those three for being late, if they do arrive on time.

Unfortunately, too late now.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back