Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 September 2024 is YE 46.7 in the RP.

OOC Black Knights/Byakuren Discussion

Can we get an update on the history of the YSS Asamoya since this plot took it over? If you don't want to edit the wiki I can take it in forum format and do the editing myself. Not a rush, just would like it when you get a chance.

Didn't really have much to add, sorry it was such a short skimpy. I mean, I wracked my brain for a while and all I got was.... two lines. >_>

With luck I should have the time to properly sit down and formulate a reply this evening, after my work shift.

@Tom @Khasidel @Nyton @Doshii Jun
I'm feeling there's a decrease in activity.
As I explained before, this thread is a chance for you guys to make up for the lost opportunities back on Fortuna.
We've gotten most of the nastier skeletons in the closet out, so, now would pretty much be the ideal time to get to it.
But, like I said before, if I don't see a consistent posting rate, I'll conclude that you guys have gotten bored with this, and I'll see to moving the plot onward

I want a response here as to your goals for the evening. Last time, only Doshii gave me a response. This time, please give me plans of what you want to make of the evening with your characters so that we can set goals and not be stagnant; and I want a response by next Saturday. Otherwise, I'm going to have to re-evaluate how things go for the good of the plot.

Also, Wes is likely to ask for a plot review this month. I said before that I wanted your bios updated - please keep working on it.

And about the Asamoya - I know. No guarantee it'll be done soon - I have a lot on my plate - but it'll be taken care of just as soon as I stop needing to use that ship at the latest (basically, I promise this will be taken of before I start threads 3.x - that way, I'll only have to edit once)

Alright, now that I finally got some breathing room maybe I won't be so stressed I can't think. At least till next semester in a couple weeks.

First, I second Soresu's remark, I wanna see Nimura dance too. XD

For Nyton I would like settlement on his dance card regarding the bathroom discussion between Reika and Kotori. That way things won't be awkward later regarding 'expectations.' Just a little spoiler should this topic be broached, Nyton is not gonna be upset about it.

I'm enjoying the round table conversations. Nimura though is becoming a bit of a sore spot, not so much for her personality but because Nyton still doesn't "understand" her. No the quotes aren't there for innuendo. She's really kind of an unknown despite their time working together. Is she more than just a workaholic neko drone? Do neko dream of electric cats? It's kind of like meeting someone you thought you sort of knew and then feeling like you just don't get her at all, despite the exposition from earlier about liking to blow things up. Nyton wants to know! Aside from figuring out Nimura a little better he also wants to throw out his anti-Umbral weapon theories to see if they can refine anything.

Will Nyton get a chance to dance with anyone tonight? Meh, not a priority. If he really was hard up he could hit up some secretaries back home.

All in all, Nyton is really just happy spending time with everyone chatting about stuff whether it goes into professional or casual discussions.

I should have enough free time around Monday/Tuesday (my weekend as I work Sat/Sun) to sit down and properly update Reika's bio pages (assuming No Man's Sky doesn't consume my soul and all my free time after it finally releases early Saturday morning :P ).

As for immediate plot plans for Reika; I'm hoping to get her to interact and connect more with the other crewmembers, perhaps get to know Nimura as well :) -- that's assuming Reika and Kotori postpone that date they originally had planned for the evening.

*Looks at Amaryllis video link*

*Giggles at the thought of Nimura bursting into dance like that*

I've been a bit bound up the last few days with the voice acting thing I'm doing. I like how things are going now, so no worries.

I'll be posting now.

Edit: to answer your question, Fred, I need a little RP with Yukari, of course, but also want to see the crew unwind and have a fun time. It's very rare to see the Nekovalkyrja in the group cut loose.

Last edited:
(assuming No Man's Sky doesn't consume my soul and all my free time after it finally releases early Saturday morning :p ).
According to what I read on the Steam page for No Man's Sky, the game was super buggy on launch date.
I advice having a Plan B. :)

I'm kinda still rolling with what I've written but I had to really go back and reread a lot of stuff from years ago to remember things characters said. It may have altered some things I've written but no major desires to retcon anything. Still having to reread stuff is taking a while.

Nothing exactly stops Nyton from sharing notes with MemRec later and return to the subject in a "say, I thought about it some more, and now I actually remember that..."

Which actually happens in real life too, so, no biggie.

Happy birthday, Jake! It's 5 am right now and I'm back from a keg party so I'll get a reply to you when I wake up and am less blitzed. This took me 5 minutes to write without mistakes. Concentration. WOOOOOO

Sorry for the delays, I have a post in the works, just trying to find time to finish it up. School is just around the corner.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back