• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: SNV Gam'trosha [Chapter 3.2] The Unknown Jui'varen!

Gam'trosha

Shim'moto's first glance at his new home was the amount of personnel going to and from the ship, either carrying supplies for the base that had only just finished being set up or heading off on patrols. Standing at the top of the ramp was Sa'kira, the ships captain, who at first didn't notice Shim'moto as she was addressing a group of soldiers who were standing at attention. But as her eyes scanned left they soon fell upon the Kit and she raised a flat hand toward the soldiers, who nodded and went to take care of some unseen business.

"You must be our new agent," remarked Sa'kira as she made her way casually down the ramp.

Gam'trosha

His eyes just watched as personnel dart to and fro, from the ship and back inside once again going about their business like a well oiled machine, there was a simplistic beauty to it, the crew going about their job with no change to the surroundings or the people near them. He'd have stood there nearly mesmerized a little longer if he hadn't heard a voice, one that had been aimed at him. It took only a few seconds for young Shim'moto to register the words spoken, as he bowed his head; his ears leaned forward. "Yes Ma'am, I am;" He paused for a moment, "I do apologize for my general absence, I had been given paperwork to complete, I should have used what free time I had to come introduce myself.."

"It is alright," said Sa'kira as she scrutinized the new soldier, folding her arms over her chest briefly before nodding her head. "Normally I'd welcome you to the ship and have you stow your gear, but right now we have a situation," she turned toward the soldiers who were readying their bikes. "I sent out an away team a few hours ago, communications is still being a major issue, so we haven't received any transmission from them since their departure. They headed out south southwest, so I want you to take Si'hen Squad and head in that direction; they should've laid comm. boosters along their path so once you find one you should be able to detect the others and just follow them, while doing so try and contact the team; if you find them then you are to join them and will be under the command of the XO."

Shim'moto bowed his head in acknowledgement; "yes Ma'am" taking a moment to stow his duffel, before speaking with one of the personnel delivering munitions an such aboard the Gam'trosha, to have it delivered to an empty cabin. Once that had been finished he checked his gear; making sure it was battle-ready for any possible situation before making his way over to Si'hen squad, claiming one of the three hover bikes available. He took moment to look over his shoulder to the others of the team. He nodded to each before speeding on ahead in the lead heading south southwest to find and hopefully join up with the away team.

Erm'olai's ears perked slightly in his helmet as he continued to weld. "Slowly. While the damage itself is negligible, it is worrying." he reported to his superior with a tone that barely hid annoyance. "A --- landing harder than that might have caused dock-level damage."

Taking his time to insure the spot he was reinforcing had been done to perfection, the Laibe glared at the material as if it would be perfected by his gaze alone. "For now, I will just say that my methods of structural reinforcement will have to do."

Bridge

Sa'kira had returned to the bridge, where she'd spent at least some time looking over documents. Her concentration was broken when she heard a sound coming from a nearby console. "Report?"

Shi'sha'tra glanced down at her console and tapped a key on the pad. "Text message from our orbitting companion. Scientific team has arrived in system and are in-route. We are clear to leave at our discretion."

The captain let out a sigh and got up from her chair. "Inform the rest of the squadron that we'll be departing shortly, inform all crew onboard that we'll be taking off, since we are still having communications issues we'll fetch our away team ourselves; once we take off set a source for the teams last known location."

"Aye ma'am," responded Shi'sha'tra as she punched in the required information and sent out a ship-wide notice that they would be departing soon; although for good measure, she still sent out a communications to the away team in hpoes that they might hear.

transport

Cher'naya was headed to SNV Gam'trosha as she had been asked to join because they needed more Healers, she was excited but a little worried as this was suppose to be a great ship and she got slightly nervous 'what if she wasn't good enough for the ship'. As she got closer to the Gam'trosha her ears went up in excitement but she was rubbing her tail's tip while her tail was standing up.

Gam'trosha

The Transport made it the Gam'trosha with ease, she got off the shuttle as it landed. She had her bag with her and looked around "I should go to the bridge tell them I am here" she looked around, she had checked the layout on the travel to the Gam'trosha so she knew where to go and made her way to the bridge in excitement.

Bridge

Cher'naya entered the Bridge slowly and looked around, she then coughed and gulp "C'Baruce Dy'ra, reporting in" she saluted and looked at the Captain "I am the new Healer that was requested."

Bridge

"Welcome aboard," said Sa'kira - although her attention wasn't fully on the new arrival. The ship shuddered as its engines began to come online. Running a hand through her hair, Sa'kira glanced at the newly arrived soldier. "Welcome aboard the Gam'trosha, afraid introductions will have to wait until later, we'll be recovering this ships away team and right now we haven't a clue whether there will be injuries or not - given the last contact was that they ran into hostiles. Prep the infirmary just in case."

The bridge tilted as its anti-gravity engines came online to stabalize the ship, bringing it up into the air and soon began to make its way slowly toward where the away team was at.

Bridge

Cher'naya nodded to the Captain of the ship then turned and quickly ran off towards the Infirmary to prep it incase of visitors.

Infirmary

Cher'naya reached the Infirmary a few minutes after leaving the bridge "hello? any other Healers here" at the moment she was not sure if she was the only Healer she thought there was one already but after calling and got no answer she made her way round and gathered what she thought was needed for the away incase they needed medical treatment.

She then leaned against a counter and waited for any injured crew mates that would be coming through.

Infirmary

"Hello hello!" said Euy'ica Sec'retna as she poked her head from behind one of the bays medical beds. "You must be the new healer I was told about!" she smiled and stood up. "Sadly the infirmary isn't in the best of shape right now, think you could help me get it ready for the away team? Hmmm," the healer curiously looked at Cher'naya and then said. "Do you know what the procedure is for an away team returning from a mission?" she asked.

Infirmary

"Yes I am C'Baruce Dy'ra" Cher'naya looked at the healer and then went around to fix up the infirmary "I will help, I am grateful that I am not the only healer here, it seems daunting being alone here" she looked up at Sec'retna "isn't that we must perform medical checkups when crew returns from the mission?"

As she talked she went around the Infirmary tidying it up "since we will be working together a lot, can you use my first name, it is Cher'naya" she kept running around cleaning up and making sure the Infirmary was in good order.

Euy'ica smiled and pulled herself from beneath the medical bed. "Very well then Cher'naya," she said and pulled open one of the beds side panels and tapped on a keypad, which caused the bed to come online. "Thats one bed that is now working again," she sighed and placed a back behind her neck as she looked at the others in the room. "We have six beds, one is now functioning but we need to check the remaining five, help me out with that please," as she was saying this she moved over to another bed; opened its panel, double checked the console; then put herself underneath and began to fiddle with the wiring.

Infirmary

Cher'naya nodded and went to one of the other bed then started to work on the electronics like she saw Euy'ica, then she went under the bed and started to fiddle with the wires "I'm glad I can help you" she kept working on the wires and stayed focused when she had finished she turned it on to check it, seeing that it worked she moved on to the next.

Infirmary

~"Bridge to Infirmary,"~ came Sa'kira's voice over the innercom. ~"Prepare to receive away team members, also be advised that they are bringing back the body of an alien that attacked them. I want that body quartined upon arrival and guards posted just to be safe, Bridge Out."~

There was a yelp as Euy'ica banged her head on the bottom of the bed. "Srisa!" she shouted and pulled herself from under it and rubbed her forehead. "Well, I guess that ends the repair stuff, go ahead and get the quartine room ready," she gestured to a room on the far end of the infirmary that had a glass door on it with the roads 'keep sealed at all times'. "Ensure its life-support systems are online and that the graviton locks are functioning, if they are, then we can relatively sure that if whatever that thing is wakes up it won't run a mock around the ship," she smiled weakly at that and stood up, walking over to another bed and getting it ready.

"I wonder what kind of alien they brought back though..." she allowed herself to say aloud.

Infirmary

Cher'naya looked at Euy'ica as she talked "It should be interesting, lets just hope we can hold whatever alien this thing is" she made her way towards the quartine room and looked over all the systems "hmm nothing is working at the moment, guessing we didn't need operation until now." She started to work on the systems making sure all life-supports systems and the graviton locks were on for their guest and made sure the room itself was ready for the guest as well then looked at Euy'ica "the room is now ready."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back