• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 3 - Another Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Yea, they won't leave us alone until Graduation." Krasus said, shifting his attention to Strelgar

"And who might you be?" Krasus asked Strelgar, who had just sat down.
"Does he know you?" Krasus sent to Kazuma.

"Yeah Krasus, I met him yesterday. Interesting fellow," Kazuma replied telepathically back.

"Not bad, it was a morning you would hate, with everyone running and screaming in the morning." He let off a sigh then glanced over at Strelgar. "What'd you do last night? You didn't show up a rounds this morning."

Not long after they began to finish their food, the recruits were rushed out the door to another building, where they were measured and sent down a line, receiving their clothes and uniforms.

The List said:
6 pairs of black boot socks

1 pair of black sandals

3 white ringer T shirts (with Star Army of Yamatai logo)

1 white yukata with a Star Army logo pattern on it

1 black sash for the yukata

2 black T-shirts

2 pairs of light blue-gray pants

2 uniform jackets with red panels

1 pair of dark gray leather gloves

1 pair of leather boots, dark gray

1 pistol belt, leather, dark gray, with holster for Type 28 NSP

1 black tricorner hat with a red border

1 black overcoat ankle-length

A toiletry kit (with toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, soap, electric razor, etc)

A Type 28 Training Pistol (non-lethal) and 3 rubber magazine simulators.

A combination lock for their foot locker

The males received

The List said:
6 pairs of "euro" briefs (made of stretchy material)

3 black swimtrunk bottoms (with Star Army of Yamatai logo)

The females received

The List said:
4 black panties

6 black sport bras (double as swimsuit top)

3 black bikini swimsuit bottoms (with Star Army of Yamatai logo)

Once every had their gear, the instructor had everyone get into their exercise outfits (bikinis and white T-shirts) and haul their gear back to their bunks and ordered them to neatly put it away according to a chart glued to the inside of each foot locker's lid.

Maya was about to finish her food when one of the instructors said that they would finally be heading to supply for uniforms. As she got to supply, the quartermaster gave her all the clothes shes going to need for the next 8 long years. As she was busy stuffing everything in a duffel bag, the quartermaster finally gave her a Type 28 Training Pistol. Maya stopped for a minute and took a deep look at it. "Wow, my first gun." True it was only a training model that only fired rubber slugs and practically useless in a real fight but for her it was like a rite of passage and it was the thought that count. "I'm going to name you Felicia after one of my favorite video game characters. How does that sound Felicia?" She smiled amusingly twirling it around back and forth in her hand like in those old space westerns before finally swirling it into its holster and carefully stowing it away with the rest of her stuff, she then slung the duffel bag over her shoulder then headed straight towards the barracks.

When she got there she walked over to her bunk's footlocker and she took everything out of her bag and neatly arranged everything inside it into the footlocker according to the diagram on the inside of the lid. When she was finished she folded up the duffel bag and stuffed it into the side of the footlocker where she then closed it and locked it up tight with a combination lock which she gave few tugs. She was told that they were to were there exercise uniforms so she had already had it layed out on her bunk ready to be put on however first she needed to take another bath after her last mud bath experience. This time she stripped completely out of her muddy undergarments and walked in the nude straight towards the showers for a quick rinse.

After she was relatively clean she then headed towards her bunk to put on her PT uniform which consisted of nothing but a black bikini bottom with sports bra and white t-shirt with star army logos and white shoes and socks. She was done putting them on unfortunately they almost felt no different when she was running around her underwear just hours before plus the bikini and sport bra was feeling a little tight especially the top. "Oh please don't let anything pop out." Once that was done she opened her footlocker and pulled out the dirty jumpsuit she first arrived in and fished out the Uno Sunglasses she had bought at the starport from one of the pockets and put them on then putting the jumpsuit away. She then jumped on the top bunk sitting on the beds edge letting her legs dangle below and kicking her shoes together waiting for the instructors to return.

Polishing off the last of her food, Hotaru heard an instructor saying, go to the supply depot to get issued with their uniforms.

Arriving at the depot, she was issued with kit she'd be using for the forseeable future. Further along, she recieved her training pistol and accessories. Stuffing everything into a kitbag, she heads off back to the barracks, to get everything stowed and ready to continue the morning's training.

Arriving at the barracks, Hotaru heads towards her bunk. Hearing someone in the showers, she decides to sort her foot locker out first. Since she was already issued with kit prior to her assignment at Fort Ready, Hotaru decided to keep that kit in a spare foot locker. She then started sorting her new kit into the layout as depicted on the lid, leaving out her PT uniform. Once finished, she strips off her dirty uniform, and heads into the showers, figuring she has a bit of time before they need to be ready. After her speed shower, she dried herself and walked towards her bunk to get ready.

Spotting Maya sitting on her bunk, Hotaru walks over and says, "Hello Maya-san, feeling better after your shower ne?"

"Little Kazuma, ever had a feeling that demanded attention? I sated drive, I have made a deal with smart bosses. All need know Kaz-u-ma." Strelgar stretched out the little Yamats name, as they were lead out to receive items.

In the barracks looking at the picture in the lock box, "What use of picture if all I do is put stuff in." He said as he tossed all the stuff in besides the ones the bosses ordered be worn. He didn't lock the box back up after all it was was some basic gear, easily replaceable.

Leaving the boom arm sitting on the floor, laying there discarded. "What purpose of boom arm? Only fill with soft kill slug." I'll deal with cloths later. Strelgar decided he would wear the basic pants and shoes, leaving the shirt off keeping his body pure.

Stroking the jewel in his chest he smiled, knowing full well he couldn't change how he was raised. Sitting on the bed it being very cramped for his size. Humming as he sat not really worried about anything more than his basic idea that was spawned finding out the Strange Yamat females only purpose for living is killing. It could work, I could free them. I will wait until then. He chuckled, knowing full well the plan was impossible. "I learn what Yamat know, I turn to advantage." He started to cackle at the thought, a challenge for his future goals. It good plan, lets get help.

"I confused what wear to train?" He asked in a timid tone, actually wanting to learn about what others know about strange universe. I will befriend them, then take what I know and change reality for me. He put on the best confused look he could muster. The buzzing of people in the barracks, a distracting action.

"He is a little odd, isn't he?" Krasus sent to Kazuma, just finishing dressing out.
He watched Strelgar cackle, but only indicated the correct clothes.
"These..."

After wolfing down such a large amount of food, Satomi took her time for once, walking down to get fitted and receive her gear. after getting all her stuff, the blue-haired neko sauntered up to the barracks, unceremoniously dumping her stuff into its appropriate foot locker.

She stripped, did a sniff check, passed, and slid into her PT clothes, putting her muddy shoes back on. Looking around at everyone, she began silently assessing them, trying to see which one could be a possible rival.

Kuriko had only gotten halfway through her breakfast when the instructors told everyone to grab uniforms and get changed. Must. Eat. More!! Kuriko thought as she hastily shoved the remaining food down her throat, her face wearing what missed her lips.

As soon as she was done eating Kuriko went ahead and got her uniform, headed back to the barracks and changed into her excercise uniform. Now what... Kuriko thought as she lay back on her bed and listened in on the conversations that were going on around her.

Hotaru said:
"Hello Maya-san, feeling better after your shower ne?"
Maya looked down to see Hotaru addressing her, she took a finger and pushed her sunglasses down to the tip of her nose to get a better look at her. "Hey ya Hotaru, whats up or should I say... down?" Maya can't help but laugh a little at her own lame joke. "I'm fine now after a shower, thanks for asking though I feel like these bikini bottoms and sports bra feels a little tight and without this shirt I think something might pop out." Maya then pushed her sunglasses back on and then pushed herself off the top buck landing on the floor below and then taking a seat next to Hotaru. "Say you wanna play RPS (Rock, Paper, Scissors) to kill some time?"

master9147 said:
"I'm fine now after a shower, thanks for asking though I feel like these bikini bottoms and sports bra feels a little tight and without this shirt I think something might pop out." Maya then pushed her sunglasses back on and then pushed herself off the top buck landing on the floor below and then taking a seat next to Hotaru. "Say you wanna play RPS (Rock, Paper, Scissors) to kill some time?"

"I know how you're feeling about the top and bottoms; they must be alright if we've been issued them as sportswear." replied Hotaru. Thinking about it for a moment, Hotaru responds with a smile, "Sure, it should help pass the time.".

Strelgar put on the exercise briefs, making him feel exposed with his bare legs from the lack of cover they provided. His bare chest with the jewel shining from the strange light. He stroked it lightly, it had been there from his birth and has never left him. He couldn't imagine life without it.

He smiled calmly, the touch of it soothing him. He needed a gentle touch of caring here and there. His mother dead, he wasn't getting that tender touch. It almost made him cry, catching himself he got his composure and stifled a sob.

"Boss people say go court yard, yes?" He asked, somewhat confused about the current order. Looking around, seeing all the activities taking place. It reminded him of a children's play ground, the care free atmosphere he had seen so many times before. As a child he would watch them as he ran by his father on Strelgars heels telling him to hurry, other wise he would give him lashings for being a lout.

So many sad memories it almost made him regret how he lived, but his mothers words still kept him moving. Never look back to regret, look back to learn from your experiences. Evolve to the situation and never forget what makes you so different from the others. He smiled as he drifted in those wise words, keeping his ear open for an answer to his question.

The recruits lined up outside and ran about a mile to the location of the next exercise, combat training. The area they stopped at was a grass valley, good for falling on and only breaking a few bones. The grass had been recently cut and was well taken care of. The weather had warmed up greatly and the ground was less muddy than up at camp.

"Alright, get a partner and get ready," the instructor said.

After Maya and Hotaru had just finished their game an instructor told them it was time to line up and run for their next exercise: combat training. Maya jumped off the bed and ran for the exit while yelling at Hotaru. "Come on last one out is a rotten egg!" The run to the training area wasn't too bad, it was only a mile and Maya was really starting to get used to running everywhere all the time though her new PT uniform would sometimes ride up her butt. When they finally stopped at a freshly lawned grass valley the instructor in charge announced:
Yagen said:
"Alright, get a partner and get ready,"
"Partner for a sparring bout I guess." Maya then went ahead and took a seat Indian style on the grass and yelled at the others. "So who wants to partner up with me?"

Enjoying the game, Hotaru pouted when an instructor told everyone to get outside. Getting up she heard Maya:
master9147 said:
"Come on last one out is a rotten egg!"
Not wanting to let her get away with it, Hotaru bounced out after Maya.

It didn't take long to double it the training area, looking around Hotaru was glad it wasn't as muddy as the previous area. Stopping them in the training area, the instructor announced:
Yagen said:
"Alright, get a partner and get ready,"
Looking around she spots Maya sitting down just as she yells:
master9147 said:
"So who wants to partner up with me?"
Stepping forward, Hotaru thinks 'Why not', and speaks up, "I will be your partner Maya.", smiling as she says this.

After Hotaru volunteered to be her partner, Maya got back up and walked over to her. "OK I hope your good at this hand to hand stuff because I don't know whether we're going to be fighting side by side or each other. Heck even I don't know if I'm any good or not. I also wonder who's going to face that weird guy with the blades?"

Getting up and heading over towards Hotaru,
master9147 said:
"OK I hope your good at this hand to hand stuff because I don't know weather we're going to be fighting side by side or each other. Heck even I don't know if I'm any good or not. I also wonder who's going to face that weird guy with the blades?"

Hotaru replied, "I've had some basic training in hand to hand, gained a few grades in martial arts, nothing fancy. Not sure how I will shape up though. As to that guy, I think I overheard someone call him Strelgar, or something similar. I am very glad I am not facing him. Yet."

Looking around, Hotaru said, "I can't see any more instructors. I just thought that there may be more, especially considering what training we are going to be doing."

The run was barely a step, he had run all day never stopping. Soon those runs had become a excuse for avoiding his fathers glare.

Sitting away from the group, Strelgar relaxed. "Wonder where little Ka-z-uma, say he try to prove his prowess." He muttered, seeing the preparation for the upcoming mock fights.

Humming peacefully he stood still in a stance, his hands parallel concentrating on his spirit calming and clear. "The blade doesn't kill, the sword mans spirit is fatal wound." He chuckled lightly, worried about the fact in mock battles he wasn't trained on holding back. In fact he very rarely fought a battle where he could have held back.

Still without the shirt required of the exercise uniform. Could feel the chilling cold touch of the jewel, it was a reminder to him of who he was. Meant for something different, his path laying on the opposite side of these people. Not sure how or when it would happen all he knew this was a minor accurance in the long line of things being led by fate.

Kuriko didn't have any problems with the run, but she didn't particularly enjoy it. When the group of recruits finally stopped Kuriko looked around. "Hmm....I need a partner huh..." the Neko muttered to herself as she looked around. I wonder if Paxton has a partner already... Kuriko thought as she looked for the large Yamataian among the small crowd.

"Yo, Strelgar," Kazuma said, nonchalantly walking towards his opponent. "This'll be interesting. They even have ambulances parked over there waiting for the first to fall." He stretched his arms above his hand and stood relaxed, waiting for the instructor to begin.

"The enemy will NOT give you a chance," the instructor barked. Do NOT hold back; your enemy will not. As long as you do not kill your partner, it is acceptable. Now," the instructor said, moving away from the crowd. "Give me your best, and BEGIN!"

Kazuma glanced over at his partner and decided to wait for him to throw the first punch.

Wanting to feel the taste of battle, Strelgar could feel his heart pumping and his mind racing. He charged standing tall, not even lifting his arms. Wanting to take the punch, to get his heart racing. Wanting to taste battle, it almost felt like it was there all along, just another part of him yet somehow planted never originally there.

With a chuckle he charged, never knowing what the next move was. It was only a small part of fighting, his mood elevated as he could see almost; the defeat he so wanted. His twisted grin filled with lust. It made him forget about the serene green fields surrounding him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back