• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready Class 3 - Another Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was starting to feel too much for Maya. "I'm really starting to hate this place. First it was getting nearly killed in a bus crash, then it was being subjected to a staged mishhu attack, now here I am running and jumping around in the mud half-naked." Half expecting their little group to be reporting to supplies that morning for uniforms and such instead they were already doing marches and exercises. She was already getting stares during the marching from the numerous passerbys though the instructors appear unconcerned or just don't care about her predicerment.

The exercises were even worse, she felt more like she was giving a mud bath striptease. She even at one point manage to trip into a mud puddle after her bare feet slipped in the wet grass. When they eventually winded up at the mess hall she was covered in dried mud from head to toe and all over her hair. When she got in line to pick up her breakfast all she did was angrily mumble to herself while getting stares from the cooks, officers, and other recruits. She even angrily snapped her answers at the cook when he asked what she wanted.

After she got her food she strode to the nearest empty table she could find and as it to make her anger apparent, slammed her tray on the table loud enough for everyone else to hear where she then sat down and gingerly began eating her food which consisted of eggs, bacon, and oatmeal with a glass of orange juice. She also could have sworn she was getting a few whistles at her expense.

Hotaru thought the morning drill would be more eventful than it actually was. It seemed almost...anti-climatic, especially compared to what happened yesterday with the 'phantom' Mishhu.

Sniffing the air, she could smell breakfast; the thought of all that food was almost making her drool, considering she hadn't had dinner. Thinking about breakfast, she misjudged her step and tripped, making two others in front of her stumble. Managing to correct herself without falling, Hotaru was secretly glad they were past the mud as she didn't think she could have avoided the fall if the ground was muddy.

When they eventually arrived at the mess hall, Hotaru fell in line with the others. Seeing one of the Nekos further down the line snapping at a member of the kitchens, then sitting down by herself, Hotaru made up her mind. After piling her plate with food and grabbing two glasses of fruit juice, she made her way towards the lone Neko. Approaching the table, Hotaru spoke, "S-s-sumimasen. May I sit here?".

Maya was busy munching on a piece of bacon with a serious upset look on her face when she noticed an orange haired neko she had never seen before started approaching her. "Great what now? Someone looking to make fun of me and have a laugh at my expense?" When the orange haired neko was right on top of her, Maya stopped her munching then slowly turned her head towards the newcomer focusing her eyes deep into hers. "What do you want?! Come to make fun me as well?!"

Wolf Ward said:
"S-s-sumimasen. May I sit here?"

After saying that Maya raised an eyebrow at her. "Go ahead, its a free empire after all." She said in a smug sarcastic way after which she went back to her munching. "By the way that was a nice trip back there, bumping into two others and almost making them stumble, though it probably doesn't compare to my fall I mean look at me." She then points to her half-naked mud caked self. "I'm going to need a dozen showers once this day is out, I'm beginning to think the geneticist who designed my unique genetic profile deliberately left the (klutz gene) in as a joke." Trying to cheer up, Maya turned to the newcomer and gave her a forced smile. "Sorry about that, I've been getting into nothing but trouble since I first got here. I'm Maya by the way, whats your name sis?"

Ever at the front, the over-hyper Satomi got no mud on her except her shoes, which was fine by her standards. When they entered the mess hall, however, she stared at the choices offered "No fish?" she asked, loudly, though the other recruits simply passed by, ignoring the frothing figure. A few minutes later, however, hunger got the better of her, and she rejoined the line (a few 'HEY!'s could be heard as she cut back in line). Loading a tray with everything she could fit, she wandered aimlessly till she found a table that was relatively empty, aside from Maya and Hotaru, and sat down, once again complaining loudly "Can ya believe this place? no fish! and who's stupid idea was that, I wonder?" Satomi grumbled and began eating, mumbling something along the lines of "if I get my hands on him".

master9147 said:
"Go ahead, its a free empire after all."

Hearing that, Hotaru replies, "Arigatou.", while trying to ignore the tone used. Setting down her tray and unloading her plate, eating utensils and drinks, she put the try to one side, before seating herself opposite.

master9147 said:
"By the way that was a nice trip back there, bumping into two others and almost making them stumble, though it probably doesn't compare to my fall I mean look at me." She then points to her half-naked mud caked self. "I'm going to need a dozen showers once this day is out I'm beginning to think the geneticist who designed my unique genetic profile deliberately left the (klutz gene) in as a joke."

Looking down at her plate, a little embarrassed by the first comment, Hotaru responded "I-I had my mind elsewhere when I tripped. I am just thankful it wasn't the muddy part!", snickering a little, and trying to brighten up the mood, Hotaru said, "I see you didn't miss that bit". Hotaru was smiling as she said it, meaning she didn't intend it in any negative fashion.

master9147 said:
"Sorry about that, I've been getting into nothing but trouble since I first got here. I'm Maya by the way, whats your name sis?"

"Hotaru, I'm Yamamoto Hotaru. Pleased to meet you Maya." replied Hotaru shyly, but happy that she has made a friend. Trying to keep her breakfast from falling off the plate, she said, "That was the reason why I tripped. I was thinking about breakfast so hard I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings.", before taking a mouthful of food, enjoying the taste but wishing it was rice and fish.

Maya was starting to cheer up a little after the light conversing with Hotaru but was surprised when the strange over-excited Satomi suddenly appeared complaining loudly.
kai said:
"Can ya believe this place? no fish! and who's stupid idea was that, I wonder?"
Maya just looks at her dumbstruck and raising and eyebrow at her. Maya's thoughts begin to assault her. "What is this? Am I wearing a sign over my head? Just when I sit at an empty table to be by myself and be left alone and already I get company. Fine, why I don't I just invite the entire universe to my table. Come on everyone, its a freaking party down here!" After that Maya dropped her thoughts and politely responded. "Really... I guess I'm not the only one who's having a bad day. I'm not really one for sushi in the morning." She then gives Satomi a good look. "Haven't we met before? I'm certain I would have remembered someone like you.

kai said:
"Can ya believe this place? no fish! and who's stupid idea was that, I wonder?"
Hotaru looks up when she hears another voice.
master9147 said:
"Really... I guess I'm not the only one who's having a bad day. I'm not really one for sushi in the morning." She then gives Satomi a good look. "Haven't we met before? I'm certain I would have remembered someone like you.
Hotaru, still chewing, decides just to listen to the conversation until she can introduce herself to this new Neko.

Hotaru is thinking to herself I can't believe this. Here for less than 24 hours and I'm already making friends and becoming more confident. Smiling happily to herself, she continues eating.

Krasus laughed quietly, hearing Satomi complain. But didn't say a word, just ate quietly a table away.
If anyone wants to approach me, they will. No use imposing my will on people I don't know much about. He thought, looking at Satomi and shaking his head.

Kuriko hadn't particularly enjoyed the drill that the recruits were put through, however she understood it's purpose. Kuriko had the misfortune of standing next to Maya, and could barely suppress a laugh when she fell. It wasn't that Kuriko dislike Maya, she barely knew her, but the manner in which she fell was especially funny. It didn't help that Maya was mostly nude.

Once the group had been released for food, Kuriko got in line for some grub. After standing in line for a little while, Kuriko finally got her food. As Kuriko walked around while looking for a place to sit, she noticed Maya sitting with a small group of nekos. Ah!! Maya! I'll go sit with her. Kuriko thought to herself as she walked over. "Is it okay to sit here?" Kuriko asked as she walked up to an empty seat at the table.

Kazuma sauntered into the mess hall, only partially awake, even after the drills. He grabbed a plateful of food and a cup of coffee, with extra sugar. He pushed his uncombed hair out of his eyes and sighed as he walked across the room. Here begins the first day in hell... He touched the necklace that he had received the previous night, which was tucked under his shirt, only revealing the string. Well, guess it can't be all bad.

He glanced over the tables and saw one with people he recognized from yesterday. Bah, too many people, don't feel like dealing with them all yet. He glanced over and say a lone recruit at a table and decided to join him. He sat down, giving a short wave and a "Yo" to the occupier of the table. He took a sip of his coffee, letting the warm beverage heat him up his cold body. Finally, he broke the ice. "Cold day, huh." He offered his hand for a hand shake. "Name's Kazuma, how's it going?"

Warning- Very Long Past post - (Read at own risk)

In the barracks the instructors waited. "My story." Strelgar smiled, his visions orders clear. Tell them of your past, and they will listen. "I am Strelgar Jextair VelCroix, born of the Khule house. We are forgotten people, you left us in the shadows as a relic of the past." A bitter tone in his voice, as he tightened his fist.

"You and your empire left us without anything, lost and alone. My family was born from the chaos that followed, you left us to fight savagely. We fought and fought. Over the course of years we gained so much power and knowledge.

"Unfortunately, this is what was taught to me by my father. He was a Bastard, heartless and ruthless in his ways he acted towards me a young child of five years old." He paused, gathering a note of thought.

"Notice I speak normally, which was knowledge I learned from my mother. She helped me heal when I defeated a officer of my fathers first ring guards. My CARING FAther beat me close to being a cripple. I awoke heart filled with hate, sorrow and loathing. I wanted that power for myself, as I was recovering the only love I received was from mother. Father every day beat me mentally and physically, saying. "You weak child it will be you who undoes all our great history." I didn't like that at all, it filled my heart with rage." Strelgar smacked the wall, his body shuddering with anger.

"I hated that man, you know what he did?" Strelgar stood erect shuddering with even more rage. "He slept around with the slaves he had. Never even caring for mother, she still loved him so!" Strelgar growled, the memory was still angering to him. "That man every day, made me work my body to a immobile exhaustion, running, lifting, acrobatics and other exercises. Each time I improved he bashed me further to a scorned despair. I started lay down every night as mother taught me at bedside as my body recovered from the days labor. I learned so much, her velvet voice caring and soothing to my battered soul.

"I loved her so much, I stayed normal thanks to her. Father hated her more as he killed people in the city surrounding us. He was drunk, and impaired from his nights activities. He killed a man for calling him a dog of Nuos. Nuos is a god of death which my father at the time believed he was Avier the follower of life. He killed him, not swiftly. He spent days working on that man making him suffer!"

Strelgar looked down to the floor the instructors listening. "SOmething terrible happened, when that man finally died. He looked like an skeleton, like he was long past dead. The horrors that man faced, I cried over his corpse. The rage and suffering stung, it was inhuman."

Strelgar looked into the instructors eyes. "Have you ever had to watch a person treated like a-" He couldn't say, the word wasn't there in his vocabulary. "That man hardened my soul, I trained and practiced harder than I ever did. My heart callousing, as mother comforted me every night. I could barely look her in the eyes for all that had happened over the course of fifteen years.

"Rape, evil and many other word were my father. I burned with vengeance brewing, the problem was I was far to young to fight my father. I would be struck down by his guards, they were thugs and rapists. At the age of eighteen I would dual my father as ceremony to my adult hood.

On that day I had been trained to the extent of my abilities, I entered the throne room where it was was covered with the preserved skin of his enemies. It always made my blood boil, he wasn't on his blood throne. It was strange, I traversed the halls seeking my short sword at hand, shield on my arm ready to kill. I saw that my mothers room door was cracked to splinters as a cry of agony came from it.

"I rushed forward, I entered. There was mother her clothing in shreds as I saw his officers standing around her laughing. "Ah the little weakling comes at last, you father wants you dead. You are a threat to his throne." My blood boiled as I saw, mother gasping for air-"

Strelgar shook with sorrow, anger, regret and pain of the worst degree. "They raped her, I was struck with fear unable to move. I-i" He couldn't say any more about that. "I killed father, after that happened. I was then the hunted. I came across horrors that would make you writhe in fear, I endured with my mothers diaries close at heart. You don't know real torment, that fake attack was amusing at best. I have seen real battle in four small years that would not even cut close to what your eyes could handle."

Strelgar composed himself, the hard jagged look in his eyes. "I survived by being heartless, I could easily revert to it if I need to survive. Trust me you would like me as an ally other than a enemy, I could teach you all so much about the ways of combat forms. Also I have to say, I trust in what you are doing. I know the fight for life is noble, just as is survival. I will aid you all in the ways I know best. Training I will do at the extent of my ability, all I ask is for you to not forget my tale and how I came to be a blood lusted barbarian.

"It is the truth I spoke of , I trust you all with this knowledge. I wanted you all to know me.
If I die at least I Strelgar to be not forgotten is all I wish. Please respect it. I would understand if you refuse." Strelgar sat down feeling fatigued as he passed through his memories. The nightmares drained him, as he sat down on the floor.

Maya was still waiting for Satomi to finish stuffing her face to answer her question when Kuriko showed up.
mizunoyoroko said:
"Is it okay to sit here?".
Maya then slumped her arms crossed on the table's edge with her head resting on top. She then raised an arm giving her a wave of her hand beckoning Kuriko to go ahead. "Fine, why not, the more the merrier. It must be my likable personality or something." She then looked at Kuriko. "Don't think I didn't notice you having a snicker at me when I fell in that mud, fortunately for us both I'm not one to hold a grudge. By the way I didn't get your name ever since I dragged you with me from that phantom mishhu."

Kuriko's face turned red when Maya accused her of laughing at her. "Sorry," Kuriko said "But you have to admit...it was well, pretty funny." Kuriko finished as she sat down next to Hotaru. "I'm Shifuda Kuriko, nice to meet you Hotaru-san."

Once Kuriko had introduced herself, she started to eat. After she put the first bite in her mouth, Kuriko shut her eyes and sucked on the food. This tastes AMAZING!! Kuriko thought as she started to swallow down the food.

mizunoyoroko said:
"I'm Shifuda Kuriko, nice to meet you Hotaru-san."
"Likewise Kuriko-san." replied Hotaru just before eating some more food. Looking at the others around her, Hotaru asks, "Does anyone know what we will be doing after breakfast, and when we may get a schedule or something similar?".

Kail and the other instructors listened intently to Strelgar's story, some storing it away so as to understand the strange man better. Kail spoke up when he finished.

"You think these horrors are too much for us? Try, from the moment you were born, having to fight every second, lost, hopeless, stuck in the middle of space with no family, no mother even to comfort you. Try living knowing the only reason you were created was to die so civilians, people such as you, didn't have to. Try BEING the one raped. The Nekovalkyrja race is one which knows these hardships, we live through it, we are strengthened by it, we were built for it. Be happy knowing we're going to teach you what it takes to survive in this world, which has less hope than the one you lived in. If you pass this course, if you take our knowledge with you, I have faith that the name Strelgar will continue until your body gives out on its own." She gave him a quick smile, holding out her hand in a kind gesture. "If you truly wish to be strong, you must learn to work as part of a team, to listen to those with knowledge to help you. We have rules for a reason, and would enjoy it if you followed them. Fort Ready may be five weeks of hell, but if you need some space at night, we can accommodate you. The thing about working as a team is knowing the strengths and weaknesses of those around you and trusting in the good parts of one another. You may now take your leave towards the Mess hall, Recruit Velcroix."

Satomi looked at Maya. "Yeah, I think we met before, didn't you hit a door?" She continued stuffing her face, her mood lightening as she realized the food, though not fish, was delicious.

Kazuma let out a sigh. "Yeah, seems mornings are kind of slow. Doesn't look like we'll be left alone again till night, so we better make use of it..."

Kazuma glanced over to see Maya flustered about her fall earlier. "Yeah, it was a nice fall, made my day," he sent telepathically, sipping his coffee without looking at the other table.

kai said:
"Yeah, I think we met before, didn't you hit a door?"
After hearing that Maya was starting to get depressed again and slumped her head back on the table. "Please don't remind me. Let's see, all we need now to make this party complete is that weird guy with all the blades and who talks funny. The names Maya by the way." Maya then began digging into her eggs and when she placed it her mouth, the pleasure of food was starting improve her mood a little. She then topped it off with a few sips of orange juice.

"Yes good, understand I will revert back to my basic accent and language. Have good day boss Yamats." Strelgar bowed, and left to the mess hall. pulling one of the nine remaining apples he had recieved yesterday.

Sitting next to Kazuma in the food room, Strelgar took a large bite of apple. "How is day little Kazuma?" He asked taking another bite off the apple. Humming, feeling less bitter about the nights lack of sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back