• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

RP: Fort Ready [Class 5] Back in Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabriel

🎖️ Game Master
A shuttle unfolded in the UX-13 system, near one of it's larger planets. After a few moments of pause the shuttle pilot located her destination and started toward UX-13 I for a landing.

A little while later the shuttle landed at a landing pad roughly a twenty minute drive from the nearby UX-13 Training Center, better known as Fort Ready II. Out of the shuttle stepped a short, brown-haired man carrying a couple bags. He jumped a couple of times, just remembering there was more gravity here. He then set his bags down and turned around, shouting "Thank you ma'am," to the pilot. A cute, green-haired neko poked her head into the doorway of the cockpit and responded with a quick, "My pleasure Valencia-Heisho!"

The man picked his bags back up, struggling a tiny bit from the extra weight, and head off the landing pad as some soldiers hopped onto the shuttle to get back to Yamatai. The man saw a soldier holding a clipboard, recognizing him as the man he was supposed to meet, and head over. He placed his bags down and, noticing that the man was a Hei, waited for the other man to bow to him before saying, "Nitô Heisho Valencia Ramiro reporting for instructor duty at the academy."

"Ah, we've been expecting you." The soldier checked Ramiro in and then pointed down the correct road to get to the academy. Ramiro quickly gave the man some instructions for incoming recruits and then got into the LUT that was waiting to take him to the academy. It was only a few days before the next group of recruits would arrive for training and there was a lot that needed to be done.

Another shuttle landed a short time later, disembarking slightly faster then most would consider safe. A rather shaken looking pilot moved back up to take his place from the tall man who had been flying until now. He patted the pilot on the shoulder, squeezing slightly. "Told you we'd survive, didn't I?" He walked down the ramp, picking up his duffel just before getting off of the shuttle, belting a katana on at his waist as he came. Glancing around, he found the bureaucratic soldier he was supposed to be talking to, and headed that way.

"Hey, you the guy I'm supposed to talk to? I'm Aendri, the instructor." After a short discussion, he nodded, and found a LUT to take down that way before opting to wait for someone else to come along, so he wouldn't have to drive down there alone.

A fairly thin lady stepped out of the newly landed shuttle near the training center call ‘Fort Ready II’. She shifted the heavy weight of her bag across more of her back as she turned around and waved at the pilot who just smirked before turning back to the controls. She walked down the ramp and then looked around she spotted Aendri whom looked like was waiting for someone.

“Excuses me sir?” The lady speedily walking towards him while waving her free hand in the air as the other held onto the backpack. “Sir? Due you know who I am suppose to speak to?”

The soldier that Aendri spoke to a little earlier walked over. "Ma'am, I was instructed to have recruits wait on the benches next to the bus." The soldier then turned to Aendri, glancing back at his clipboard. "Shasos'Shol?" The soldier handed a him an envelope. "I almost forgot these, your orders. You're to report to the immediately academy ahead of the recruits. I guess they didn't want to be completely behind schedule and they think a couple hours is enough time to get you ready. But, whatever. I'll call in that you've arrived and someone will be waiting for you when you arrive."

--------------------------------

Ramiro sat a desk, going through the plans for the term one last time. He finished and was about to go take a cat-nap when he was informed the Aendri had arrived. Ramiro thanked the runner and hopped in an LUT to meet him at the front gate.

"But of course. Thank you for that, at least." With that, he went ahead and started the truck, and drove down that way, questioning why the orderly hadn't mentioned that in the first place. When he got to the gate, he paused, so they could confirm his identity. While they were checking that, he turned off the truck, and stepped out of it, moving off to the side of the road, just looking around.

"Guess he's gone, wonder where he ran off to?" spoke a black haired Neko from the elbow of the fairly thin lady. Her head tilted in curiosity as she watched the vehicle leave the scene forgetting where she was for a moment.

She blinked when she came to and took a step forward, but didn't raise her foot high enough to avoid her own baggage and tripped over. On the ground she mumbled, "Why... am I so heavy?"

“Probably higher orders or something like that,” The thin lady replied to the neko who was talking to her after she nodded to the solider. “You heavier due to gravity; different planets mean different gravitational pull.” The lady paused as she dropped her bag onto the bench where she was ordered to meet. “I’m Santo Hei Michi Saito.” She said with a smile.

Ramiro was laying on his back, staring blankly into the sky when Aendri arrived. He heard the LUT approaching and looked up to see it as it pulled up to the gates. Ramiro opened up the file in his hand,glanced at the picture, then glanced up at the LUT. Deciding that he was the right person he jogged overand looked at the guards. "Good work, I'll take it from here." He looked up at Aendri and motioned for him to follow. He started walking towards the main complex as he said, "So you must be..." Ramiro glanced down at the file, "Shasos'Shol. I've been expecting you."

The Neko sobbed silently at herself on the ground until the thin lady told her about the heavier gravity. I see, the gravity... gravity... gravity... it wasn't because I wasn't looking at my feet but because gravity is heavier than I am used to...

After about two minutes of on the ground like this, she stood up like she was struggling with the gravity. Upon hearing Michi Saito's introduction however, the short haired Neko stood up straight while turning to the Yamatain and said, "I am, Santo Hei Katomi Osaka. I was certainly not following you because the view was nice, I was in fact following so I would not be lost!"

“Ah it is all right, I would be lost if it wasn’t for the solider.” Saito looked at Katomi Osaka with a smile. “It nice to meet you Santo Hei Katomi Osaka, looks like we will be going through training together.” Saito sat down on the bench and moved her bag to her feet. She looked around the area scanning for anyone else to arrive. “You can call me Saito, no need for formals with me.”

"You would be Valencia-Heisho, I take it. I wasn't sure if you were meeting me here or not." He held out his hand to shake. "It's been a while since I worked with anyone in the military, so you'll have to forgive me if I slip up on military etiquette every now and then." He shrugged, and adjusted the katana belted to his waist, shifting it so he could walk more easily.

Ramiro shook Aendri's hand as he continued onward. "Yes, I figured it would be a good idea to familiarize myself with my co-workers before we started. And don't worry about etiquette, just tell them you're higher and can do whatever you want or, if they call you out on it...I don't know, tell them you'll write them up for insubordination." He stopped in front of a building and said. "This is the barracks that we'll be staying in. First floor is basically the lobby, second floor is the recruits' rooms, and on the third floor there are some more comfortable sleeping arrangements. If you want you can throw your bags up there, dinner will be served as soon as the bus arrives with all of the recruits."

"Makes sense to me. And if you're willing to wait just a second, I think I'll do just that. This bag's a bit heavy, and I don't fancy carrying it around with me for too much longer." With that, he opened the door, and paused. "You want to come with me when I head up? I don't mind."

Fortunately, the trip from Yamatai had been an uneventful one, the several stopovers and flight changes were no big deal. The car ride to the local Starport - the last few moments Yori would spend with her family for sometime - had been a bit more awkward, however. Anda, Yori's mother, seemed to revert to the worrisome state that had often plagued her so many years past when Suzu had been away on his deployments. Suzu, Yoriko's father, had given his daughter a last minute spiel on why not to trust a Neko; Yori had heard it all before. Poor Michio seemed to remain quiet during the trip, not quite certain yet just how he ought to deal with the fact that his older sister would no longer be "just down the hall".

Though Yoriko had always maintained a firm grip on her emotions, she had found it difficult to board the shuttle and take that last look back at her family, waving farewell. She'd been choked up with her cheeks flushed a bright red, but managed to hold back any tears and push on, knowing she'd hear from them by email soon.

However, Yamatai and the rest of the Fuchida family were now roughly one-hundred and thirty lightyears away and Yori was now focused on her present location and making a good first impression on her instructors.

She'd originally taken a seat at the back of the shuttle during the last hop to UX-13 I and it had paid off. Once they'd landed, she let the rest of her fellow recruits disembark and strolled down the ramp near to the last, having avoided most of the Neko “herd”. First footsteps on a new word revealed the gravity difference was indeed noticeable, if only slightly so. Yoriko had long ago run the numbers on a calculator; she now weighed in at roughly one-hundred and eighty-six pounds or so.

Hefting her duffel bag with ease, the stocky recruit followed along with the rest of her peers toward the bus stops. It appeared the group had been beaten there already by a tall woman with black hair adorned with a striking blonde streak and one of the Gynoids. A rather fragile looking example, at that, thought Yoriko as she quietly moved around an adjacent bench and took a seat in the very center of it, placing her bag upon her lap.

Never one to barge in on a conversation, Yori simply let the two be and took a glance at her watch, curious as to when the buses would arrive.

"Sai-to?" she mumbled to herself for a minute before moving her stuff near the bench and took a seat. Osaka looked at the sky for a while before mumbling, "Saito such a nice name huh? Ya savin' the world with a name like that would be fun..." She heaved a sigh as her mind moved away into her imagination.

Saito smiled at Katomi Osaka and laughed a little at her comment. “I don’t plan on saving any world just you guys.” Saito watched the new arrival, allowing Katomi Osaka to wonder in her day dreams. “Hello,” she stated with a smile to the newcomer. “I’m Santo Hei Michi Saito, better known as Saito, and this is Santo Hei Katomi Osaka,” she said as she gestured to the neko pondering things.

More and more shuttles started landing as people poured into the waiting area. When roughly twenty-five people were there the soldier walked over and barked, "Alright, everyone's here! Load up on the bus, ETA twenty minutes!" He climbed onto the bus and sat in the front seat, just behind the driver.

--------------------------

Ramiro looked over at Aendri. "The heaviness of the bag would be the stupid extra gravity. And sure I'll go with." He went into the building and started walking up the stairs. About halfway to the second floor his comm beeped. Ramiro glanced down at it and then turned to Aendri. "The buses are being loaded and will be here in roughly twenty minutes. We gotta hurry."

Glancing up from her watch, Yoriko gave the two on the adjacent bench a casual wave, “Afternoon,” she replied, nodding as Michi-san introduced herself and the black haired Neko, who now appeared lost in thought. “Pleased to meet you, uh, two,” she began, peering curiously at Osaka for a moment before turning her attention back to Saito, “I’m Yoriko, Yoriko Fuchida. You fly alla’ way out here from Yamatai too?” asked the stocky recruit, leaving the Neko be to ponder whatever it was she was pondering.

As the bus arrived, Yori quickly stood up, “Uh? Looks like we’re movin’ out, bus is here,” she said, repositioning her duffel bag upon her shoulder as the solider in charge started to round everyone up. “C’mon, we can nab a few seats at the front,” Yori offered, gesturing toward the large vehicle only a short distance away before quickly striding over to beat the crowd.

Aendri nodded. "I hate being on planets with higher than standard gravity. It'll take a bit of getting used to. Especially with as much time as I've been spending in space." Upon their arrival at the rooms, he picked an unclaimed one, and tossed his duffel at it, closing the door shortly after. "See? Nice and quick. I'm enough of a traveler that I don't need to unpack to be ready. Plus, if they really make themselves obnoxious about being made to wait..." He fingered the hilt of the katana he was still wearing. "Well, I'll make it clear I don't like being hurried by those under my control, and let their imaginations do my work for me." He shrugged, and started back out. "It's part of the point of giving instructors the amount of power we have. They have to respect us, regardless of whether they like us. So we just have to make it very clear we're in charge, whether that means taking a bit more time to make sure we present ourselves well or we have to beat it into their heads that you don't question superiors without good reason, well..." As they stepped back out of the building, he took his own advice, and paused, smoothing out his haori and hakama before readjusting his obi and katana so he looked better.

Ramiro grinned at Aendri's response. "Exactly why I volunteered for this job." He started towards the front gate so he could be there when the recruits arrived and motioned for Aendri to follow him. "Basic game plan...We meet them at the gate introduce ourselves, do a little yelling, go eat, do a little yelling, maybe a race to the barracks, and in the morning we'll have some fun."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back