• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: YSS Mikomi [Completed] Mission 3: Patrolling The Southern Border

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sypher

Inactive Member
Kestral replied to Taisho Yui's message and stood up. Finally they had received their new orders, and strangely it wasn't to commence training with the 5th Fleet. They where headed for the South Gate. To patrol the boarders. "Suzi I need you to speak to Mizuho, we are leaving now for our new mission, and I want to know if she is coming." Kestral moved over to where Kato was. "Get ready, we are leaving in the next five minutes.

Suzi appeared next to Mizuho. "Hello there, Mizuho. We are about to leave for our next mission. Kestral asks if you will be joining us." She smiled and stood absolutely still.

Kestral turned round and walked back to his chair. Flicking the switch for loudspeaker. "Ok people, we have our orders. We are off to our next mission. We are going to the South Gate. I want you all ready for combat, as we do not know what we will meet, and I don't want what every is out there to catch us of guard. We will be moving out in five minutes." He flicked the switch again. "Suzi your piloting. Get in to position." Suzi did so, she could multitask. She was at the helm, and standing in front of Mizuho.

The five minutes passed very quickly to Kestral, who was timing it. "Move out." Suzi did so with ease, she was used to the ship, and handled it easily. They where headed southeast and that was the exact direction Suzi had the ship going in. It would not take them long to reach their destination.

So... another assignment, huh... We better get some action here! Natalie said out of loud in them middle of her room. She was laying down her bed after she had a meal, not moving her weapons a bit, because she knew something will come sooner or later in the day. Leaping, she went out of the room, heading to the bridge.

When she was nearing the bridge, she assumed a serious posture, because "it would be fatal if the cap´n watches me jumping from one side to another like a little kid...". Then she was wondering why she was so happy about, because barely nothing has happened. "Must be the anxiety" .

Finishing the mumbling of the last thought, she stepped in the bridge. "Natalie Dawning reporting for duty sir. Do you want to me to take my position or you will do a briefing of our next mission, sir?"

Mizuho nodded absently to Suzi. "Yes, Mikomi. Until I can return to Yamatai, I will stay with this vessel. I doubt it will be for more than this mission, but I have no qualms with staying here that long."

She stared back towards the ceiling, glassy-eyed and dazed, hair entirely unkempt. Her face held a certain despair to it, and in one hand she held the 10mm pistol issued her by request, a single round still loaded into the weapon. The weapon who's barrel rested lightly upon her temple. Her finger twitched, almost deliberately, but as she had before, she dropped the pistol, yet unable to deliver the blow.

"Tell Kestral I will join him on the bridge when I have cleaned up." She rose, slowly, painstakingly from her perch, heaving a deep sigh.

Tom Freeman sat at his console, gently spinning in his chair, humming a pop-rock song to himself. When the orders came in from the captain, he returned to face the console but kept the rhythm of the song in his mind, bobbing his head to it.

He then began to sing in the song's melody, but was just jamming outloud to himself.

"Button here, I'm pushin' some ship operation buttonnnsssss... we're off to adventure... off to face our destinnnyyyyyyyyy! YEAH!"

Sure it looked weird, but moods were infectious!

Kato's eyes left the captain and stared at the back of Tom's head for a moment. Rotating more he faced the console and quickly keyed off the information that was on it and brought up the quadrants that Suzi was inputting to see if he could figure out where exactly they were going. l His mood had now gotten a bit sour since they were so close to the Akuro yet he was be dragged away from the prototype.

"Sir the request was already typed up and Suzi has it. If you don't mind.... while we are still in range of the Akuro." Kato said nothing more since he was sure the Captain got the picture. It just that Kato wanted the prototype to work on it... it was a need to have something to work on to feel some usefulness to the ship.

"If you don't mind sir I need to go clean up the air lock doors." Kato stood bowed his head slightly and headed toward the door to leave the bridge.

Kestral looked at Natalie. "I will talk to you all about this a little bit later. We are actually going to be here slightly longer than I originally expected. We have another crewmember arriving. So i suggest you get some sleep before we leave."

Suzi appeared next to Kestral. "Mizuho will join us on this mission. She also says she will be here in a while, once she has had a wash." She disappeared we the last word.

As Tom began to sing Kestral just looked at him, slightly amused and glad that there crew where in high spirits. Then Kato turned towards him. "Very well, Suzi pull out the message you sent to the Akuro, and send it again." He smiled at Kato, and watched him walk off. "Otherwise I will have him on at me about this thing." He smiled, he didn't mean to be rude, it was more of a jokey comment.

"Very well sir..... Message has been sent."

"Thank you Suzi. Right well I don't know how long we will be here, not long I assume. However keep the shields up and weapons ready...for anything." He smiled and sat down in his seat.

"Oh my god... did he say sleep?..." Natalie thought while forcefully nodded to the captain with a face full of suprise mixed with a feeling of cinism. That was probably the most "unexpected" order, because she was thinking something like "Yeah, just wait a bit" or "No, i want you to go to your post and wait for orders", but, sleep!?... i haven´t done anything yet to sleep.
That thought took a couple of seconds, while Natalie was staring to Kestral with a big fake smile. "..Ye...yes sir... ill be on my way to... sleep..." She turned back, forcefully grasping her katana tsuka. "How infuriating... sending a soldier... to sleep... absurd!". She continued walking until the anger was too much. Pulling out of the scabbard the katana with a strong swing, she maintained the final move for some seconds with an accelerated breath, just looking to her front. Then noisily, brought it back to its shelter and started walking toward the bathroom.

Kestral relaxed in the chair. There wasn't actually much he could do but wait. So that was wait he was going to do. He intended to be up for the time, however after a few minutes his eyes closed, and he was looking over the same dream as before.

Suzi noticed him first. He murmured something, and then went into a fit of shouting out comments. No, don't kill him. You bastards!! She hesitated a second, and then picked him up. Surprisingly easy for an AI. She walked quickly a steadily to the Medic Bay and lay him down on one of the beds. "Ghi, I have brought Kestral here. This is the second time he has had a dream like this. I recommend looking over him. I am not sure what is wrong; it seems like a nightmare. Suzi bowed her head and left the room, disappearing outside the door. "He will be fine..."

Now this was interesting, jerking Ghi out of the boredom she had been in. The captain screaming and apparently having some violent images. She stood up and walked over to the medical table.

"Megami-san, please take notes. The subject appears to be suffering from a form of acute hallucination, or possibly a severe nightmare." Ghi took out a torch and shone it in Kestral's eyes, "Pupil's do dilute, however indications are that he does not recognise my presence." She shook his shoulder gently and then more violently. "Subject does not come out of the hallucination when external pressure is supplied," she squeezed his fingernail, "Not even to the fingernail test."

"Megami-san, please monitor Kestral's brain singals. See if he is actually awake or asleep, and what stage of sleep he is in." Ghi was wondering if his behaviour would grow violent and he'd have to be restrained.

"His mind is active, and apparently he is in REM sleep. However there are irregularities in his brain activity, beyond that of his being unresponsive. His brain waves are fluctuating, and there is significant activity in the Pons. Scans suggest that he is having a form of waking nightmare, as well as possibly having hallucinations."

"Then his non-responsive state could be related to a form of Sleep Paralysisi. Halucinations, REM, non-responsive, but still capable of talking and some movement. Listening to him speak it seems that it is the same event over and over again. Atually it is like a medical condition, Hypnagogia, where a sleeper has hallucinations but can't move. However in pure Hypnagogia the sleeper know it's a hallucination but can't wake up, in this case Kestral does not seem to know that it's an hallucination, and he can move, albeit only a bit. Interesting. With Hypnagogia we'd normally wait for Kestral to wake up, but that doesn't seem to be working. Megami-san, can you induce a sharp pain to the captain, to see if it makes him wake up?" Ghi said.

"I'll try." A small arm came out of the cluster of equitment, and a spark of electricity crossed from it to Kestral's body. Kestral's body didn't respond, other than slight muscle contractions from the electricity.

"More problematic than I expected. I'd speculate that the brain is blocking messages from the body to the brain, but not the other way around, or at least not blocking them completely. Resulting it waking him up very problematic. We have too options open to us, leave him to get better by himself, or treat him with drugs. As it is give him a dose of 2-(Diphenylmethyl) sulfinyl acetohydroxamic acid. That might work in around an hour. You'll have to empty his stomach first, but I'm sure a big strong Megami like you won't have any problems with that. If that doesn't work we'll try a dosage of Amphetamines. I haven't slept in a long time, so I'm going to lie down on this med-bed and shut my eyes. Tell me if anything important happens." Ghi lay down and shut her eyes, "If that doesn't work we may have to modify an ADN device." She fell asleep.

(OCC: Note I have been given permission by Wes to auto this event, and to control Megami, for this occasion only, do don't complain to me. The drug with the long chemical name is described here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrafinil . I used the chemical name because I wasn't certain about copyright.)

It was only hours before two starships arrived; one was the Yushi-class YSS Kyûseki Teien (YD-176). The other was the Sakura-class YSS Azalea. Each took one side of the Mikomi to dock with. From the Azalea arrived Taisa Rufus Sydney, an increasingly renowned starship commander, who was here to temporarily command the Mikomi while Chusa Bowman was unable to. Rufus was a somewhat muscular Nepleslian man with a moderately tan skin tone, and a fuzzy grayish-brown military-style haircut that appeared to be an over-grown flat-top. He had a handsome face, and a great smile, which he bared to any crewmember that would greet him. "Howdy," he grinned.

Eve had finally taken to laying against the wall near her Kylie's station, sighing with some trepidation as she waited for more orders with the other soldier. They didn't train us for bordem. she thought absently, crinking her nose shortly. I'm going to turn 15 before I'm deployed again, at this rate. she thought with annoyance. The Geshrin stared blankly out of the bay at the YSS Azalea's blade-like main cannon, trying to remember how long the NH-12 she'd ordered was supposed to take to arrive.

Once the Azalea had dropped off Rufus and his bags, some supplies, mail, and Eve's NH-12 assistant, it quickly detached from the Mikomi and shot off into the darkness. Rufus approached a nearby control panel on in the Mikomi's passageway, and took a brief look over the quartes arrangements. "Damn, this is going to be one crowded little ship," he grumbled.

Having cleared both air lock doors just in time Kato checked the jars now refilled with the nitrogen trichloride. He'd use this sample later on to be redissolved and made into a different explosive for other experiments. With both jars securely held in his hands Kato bowed his head to the new boarding crew member seeing his rank immediately. Catching a glimpse of a Neko behind him his eyes went back to Rufus.

"Let me be the first to welcome you aboard the Mikomi sir. May your stay here be a pleasant one."

Standing at attention from his bow holding the two jars he was waiting to be dismissed from this man's presence. "Knew it knew it knew it. They sent some higher up to get a psychology evaluation on the crew to make sure they don't have any more accidents like the one that had transpired not to long ago."

"MEGAMI dissolve the containers and their contents that I am holding please." Kato just smiled as the powder filled jars began dissolving. He was still standing at attention waiting to be dismissed or evaluated for that matter.

Unassuming behind Taisa Sydney, Kotori followed behind with small steps. With both hands straining to hold her travel bag containing her personnal effects, uniforms and all, she looked at the odd demonstration.

Um, okay. She thought. She was just trying to stay out of the way until she had an idea of just where she was supposed to report. A bit at her wits' end ever since she had been cooped up with Taisa Sydney at the airlock, she was just trying not to screw up.

"Thanks," the Taisa said to Kato, returning the bow with nod. "So, I hear the captain's quarters are free?" he half-asked, half-stated. Since Chusa Bowman had been sleeping in the Mindy Pilot bays, apparently no one had claimed the ship's biggest sleeping room yet. "I'm going to be sorting out the crew bunking assignments shortly, probably after the Confidence crew arrives," Rufus said. He turned to the cute neko he'd briefly met onthe Azalea. "So, until then, you can grab a bunk in the Mindy pilot bay...or hang out with me in my room," he chuckled.

Okay, face it Kotori. You're going to be stuck on the same ship as him, so now's the time to dispel whatever insecurities you have. Her ears perked up, her pragmatic side winning over. "Yes sir. I mean, I'll come along." she offered him her best, winsome smile and was surprised she wasn't actually faking it. He was rather handsome, after all.

"Really?" Rufus grinned, both pleased and a little bit surprised. "Alright, this way then," he said, carrying his large, sectioned duffelbag full of personal items and clothing towards the Nozomi-class ship's trademark monitor room, and then passing through it to the secluded captain's quarters.

The monitor room contained a single gray suede leather char, surrounded by technical readouts and information, white walls and a white ceiling and was filled with many screens, both small and large, pouring out data and schematics. Several holographic panels floated around the chair in midair. Thick, dark red curtains separated the monitor room from Taisa Sydney's cozy bedroom. Inside, the thick, soft, red carpeting matched the curtains. The room was lit more dimly than the rest of the ship using lamps placed throughout the interior rather than ceiling lights. Inside, there was a very comfortable-looking bed, a dresser, a bookshelf, and a reclining chair. What appeared to be a large closet was in the back.

Rufus set down his bag and sat in the easy chair with a satisfied groan. "I am definately digging this captain's quarters thing," he grinned.

"Ok so far so good. He don't seem to be doing the evaluations yet."

"I wasn't really aware of the captains room being emepty... I guess I've been keeping my head down to much. Well you two enjoy your stay and a pleasure meeting you too Miss. I shall be on my way now I don't want to hold you two up."

Kato's Neko fox colored ears twitched again from his hair tickling the inside of them while he bowed once more and made his way to the wardroom. He hadn't eaten in a while and really needed some form of nourishment.

"Thank you." Kotori called back as she placed her bag next to the entrance and stepped in, making her own cursory examination of his room beyond the curtain.

Before long, she returned, peeking through the curtain. "Looks quite roomy compared to the bunks." she smiled.

"Kind of cozy, isn't it?" Rufus smiled, admiring the red, romantically-lit room from the vantage point of the highly comfortable leather recliner in it. "This place has style.," he told Kotori. "This place is pretty nice..." He stood up from the chair and looked around a bit more. "but it's a shame there's no shower or toilet back here, though. Must be a KFY thing."

Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back