• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Conference Discussion

I has idea!

How about we make a subforum with all of the old conference in it?

Welcome back to Pisces!

...here's me really hoping Thomas returns to the living soon. :? It will make this much easier.

We're getting things rolling on the UOC end. We'll have our attendees picked within the next few days.

Doesn't Nepleslia know ICly that Yamatai is the reason there are Reds still on Halna in the first place? I would assume so, since the 'Spacers know and the Nepleslians took the 'Spacers in. If so, that could cause a serious point of contention during the whole treaty process -- one usually doubts the sincerity of a treaty the other party has been working to undermine them moments before.

Anyways, a question: Does "not be used as a base for pirates and such" include supporting, or at least tolerating Red presence? Tom should probably bring that up, especially since it's not actually clear on whose definition of pirate is being used. Otherwise it might lead to some misunderstandings.

This doesn't only concern the Reds. Yamataian privateers could be perceived as pirates by Nepleslia and be arrested on sight. Or alternatively, Wes once mentioned that "no 'Spacer is innocent", which if applied ICly means every 'Spacer is a criminal, which could be used as a basis for rounding up all the 'Spacers in Nepleslia for transport to ghettos, prisons, and concentrating camps. And what about legitimate mercenary companies under the OSC, which is unofficially recognized by Nepleslia but are sentenced to death by Yamatai? Would they be extradited too?

Defining what constitutes what's a "pirate and such" is of key importance here, especially given the sharp contrast on what is "good" and "bad" in Yamatai versus Nepleslia.

We'll address those issues when they're actually given to us ICly. Right now Himiko is merely looking at a slip of paper in her hands.

Anything said before then is nothing more the speculation.

Defining what constitutes what's a "pirate and such" is of key importance here, especially given the sharp contrast on what is "good" and "bad" in Yamatai versus Nepleslia.

That definition, in this instance, will be directly between the parties present. What they decide will be what's decided...so stop worrying so much and let things play out.

I haven't seen or heard anything from Andrew at all, so I honestly don't know. I do know this though: Ayana, Lilly, and Shinichi all had a discussion (albeit an awkward one on my part :/) about the conference.

viewtopic.php?f=72&t=3001&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

That's where I got the impression that we were going.

I have nothing against Tio going really, but it'd be nice to know things when they go down. So Andrew, the question is this then: Is Tio coming? If so, are we needed? If not it should probably be addressed ICly, as our Assembly members currently believe they are going :|.

*Can already invision that if the senate is asked for their votes on the nep side during the meeting, Calero and Regnier will probably start trying to outbet each other on inappropriate matters.*

Well, I already stated in the Nook if he didn't send anyone, I would. So yeah. Basically I have been waiting for him to do his Andrew moves, and moonwalk into the conference with pizazz.

So, question. So far, Himiko is likely drawing conclusions in the sand about a hateful alliance. The only info she would have is from Andariel on the whole thing which was fairly good, save for the sensor network issue. So yes, hateful alliance, dangerous technology? How could she draw these conclusions with little to no info to draw from?

That's a good question. Maybe she's jumping to conclusions, or perhaps her proof can be disproved.

You should ask her ICly. Maybe you'll get a more straightforward answer.

MoonMan said:
That's a good question. Maybe she's jumping to conclusions.
That's Yamataian Specc opps for you. They give you one a two hundred piece puzzle and they tell you to fill in the blanks.

We need Nepleslia to post now.

Okay if you don't say there's sensor data in the first place it's not fair to use it later when trying to make someone look foolish. She obviously wouldn't have asked for it if that was mentioned specifically in the narrative, in any spot. It was news footage and testimony not sensor data that was in our datapads. I'd appreciate it if that were addressed please. And lady is not the equivalent of your highness either but that's his mistake to make I guess. Everything I researched made no indication that was true but if you have a better source it might actually help.

Also there's no real dislike 'obvious' coming from Akina, Tom. Just because she's corrected him doesn't mean she was being mean about it. It takes more than a smarmy politician to rile her. Nya <3

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…