Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC D & D OOC

Re: D & D

Okay, so I posted the prologue, which is basically the history of each character in a short story. Later today or tomorrow I'll post the opening for the actual story, maybe a map or two of the region, and then you guys can start RPing.

I'm guessing tomorrow at this point? Oh, and I start school tomorrow, so I might be slow for a bit while I'm getting back into the scholastic habits.

Probably tomorrow, since I've got some work to do, and I plan on something a little detailed that will require like half an hour of uninterrupted writing time. Plus, I know that I will be interrupted by something.

Also, do you guys want to try doing a JP at some point?

Sorri: "I did not shriek!"

*glares, then sighs*

"I...I didn't even get there until everyone was gone anyway. If ya want to know what happened, don't listen to those rumor-mills out there. Don't be shy, you can ask me."

Okay, you may correct me and I'll go in and edit my post. But as for right now it doesn't seem to affect the actual plot much so I'll continue onwards.

Sorri: "You're right, it doesn't change too much...and I guess it wasn't as dramatic as you told it. Well, as long as ya know, then I guess I can let this go this time. So, what happens next?"

*sits down with a bag of peanuts and waits to hear the story begin*

---

Alright, as soon as I read the post : )

On a side note, I think I like the format of that fourth-wall leak up there...perhaps it could be a good way for our characters to make OOC observations on the story? You know, of the type that we can't make in the story thread <_<;

Nah, I'll make my observations here. But you can if ya want. So if I understand this correctly we are going to this little village? And I'm thinking something prestigious for my lizard's name. Either Elizebeth, Leslie, Annamarie, or Natalie.

I can't force you to do anything, I just set you guys on your way. You can go to the village, take the detour, return towards your home villages, get mad and attack each other. No matter what, I've already got a potential mission for you guys

Alright, everything's sorted. Prologue's been edited, so anyone who doesn't already know might want to re-read the second post in that thread.

I hope you don't mind my insertion into the Prologue. I started writing intending to follow your lead in dramatizing, and kinda got carried away, methinks...

As for what I meant by "fourth wall leak": You probably know that, usually, when a character speaks directly to the reader/audience or their writer, it's called "Breaking the Fourth Wall". In that OOC-thread post I wrote it as if Sorri was listening to you relating what was written in the first prologue post to her as a story and that the story was intended to relate events that, to her, actually happened but the storyteller had dramatized for the audience's interest. Instead of calling that post a fourth-wall break, I called it a "leak" because, to her, she's still in her world listening to a storyteller, not quite acknowledging that she is fictional...but at the same time talking to you, someone outside her universe.

Now I'm rambling. And it all kinda gets meta-ish and confusing from there if you think too hard about it.

Anyway, I kinda co-opted that idea in my own Prologue post, for which I would like to thank you for providing the inspiration : )

What does a D&D cleric look like? I doubt they are the only ones to carry staves and wear leather. Sorri's only symbol of faith is her book, and that is in her bag.

What gave him the feeling she was a cleric?

I was just wondering that. I mean, nothing you put in her description really says cleric just based on appearance to me. Even a holy symbol wouldn't be a sure thing, since I'm sure devout people might have them too.

Something else...I was wondering if everyone could describe their own characters in a bit more detail, like I have. I'm effectively blind as to their features...which I guess that, while I did describe her clothes and general build, I didn't really go much further.

What I didn't mention in my posts is that Sorri has a fit build reasonable to someone who can't really sit still long (slender but not skinny), waist-length brown hair that is currently in a messy (it's been a few days since she's undone it) single french braid with a rolled-up bandanna worn like a hairband keeping her bangs away from her face. Her face is more round than the usual halfling (usually taken for a child) and she doesn't have their elongated skull shape, but can be recognizably a teen's to observant people. Currently, the hood on her cloak has been left down.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back