• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 April 2024 is YE 46.3 in the RP.

Decking The Halls with Art

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Star Army has this huge selection of artwork which is amazing! Unfortunately, as was pointed out to me by a roleplayer reviewing the site, none of that art was on our forum index. As the reviewer said, this might give the impression that this is a discussion board more than an RP board. When combined with digging up the old headers and forum banners and the reaction to them, the need for artwork on the forum was obvious. So yesterday I added faction art to all major faction forums and also put a starship (Sharie-class Battleship) in the site's logo. This means there will always be art on every page of the site.

Why a space battleship? Nothing exemplifies space opera like big cool starships. And Star Army is like a battleship. Sometimes a little hard to steer because we have a lot of momentum, and maybe a little old school, but we're battle-tested, formidable, and our dedicated crew of both veterans and new recruits keeps the engines running.

As always, feedback is appreciated.

I always thought that plotship banners were a really nice little figurehead for individual plotship threads. Even as a creator, for both the Cirrus Station and NSS Altomir plots, I spent a good amount of time talking to more creative members of the board, asking for their help in the design of them.

I had assumed they weren't a thing anymore due to the way the new website was designed, but if that's not actually the case, I wouldn't mind seeing them come back

Like the new art, really does add a bit of a better feel to the site. Another possibility is to add potential artwork for each plotship, the art of the ship itself perhaps; or something that relates to it. In doing so, it'll give another feel for those plots.

Nifty :) Nice to see some additional colour on the site and the commissioned artwork for the Neshies getting some additional use.

Though, I'm slightly embarrassed to see a couple of my old crappy drawings used as well... meh. :p Oh well. :D

Make. It. Go. Away.

It is ugly, immensely ugly, it makes the layout look chunky as hell.

Furthermore, I'm going to be the first to say it; the banner used for my faction looks subpar. I want it gone, I don't care if the Matriarchy looks funky without it, it just needs to go, until something more presentable can be put together.

Also, please, next time ask me before throwing together visuals for my faction. I'm going to start looking gift horses in the mouth, I'm getting tired of being given things I never asked for. This may sound ungrateful, however, I would rather the resources be used on something that can be really genuinely appreciated, if not by me, then someone else who needs such things.

Thank you for trying Wes, and I know there is not much available to use for making a banner that would fit in with the others, but, we're just not a faction with players that would have the money for art. I haven't the money or the creativity to put together anything at the moment myself either. I'd rather be Plain-Jaine instead of having something put on the front page which just does not work for us (Cept that Rosewood art, because that's the one gem we have at the moment, and it can only go so far).

The responses were overwhelmingly positive so I plan to keep the banners, including the Lorath one.

@DocTomoe : I'm willing to spend some of the site's art fund to get some nice art for the Lorath. We can replace the current banner you don't like with a better one as soon as we have some replacement art. I think what we need is two characters in Lorath uniforms or clothing and possibly 1 ship art. Can you suggest what characters and ship to use?

Let me talk to Luca on the subject, he's GMing our active plotship. I'll also compare notes with my co-FM and get things worked out.

Reactions: Wes
Status
Not open for further replies.
RPG-D RPGfix
Back