• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

Interest Check Dungeons and Dragons and Catgirls, Oh My!~

Let's bring this discussion elsewhere since it's just cluttering the recruitment thread folks. Don't reply here unless you're interested in joining.

So anyway, whether or not it's in freeform RP I'm in. No natives right now? Hmm... Well, probably a Minkan male then. I've been wanting an Anthro character for a while. Is that an option?

The Fifth Fleet's mission was proposed in the GM forum and no objections were raised at that time by the other GMs or FMs, so it was allowed. The idea, I suppose, is that this place the Fifth Fleet was visiting is a designated "fantasy zone" where the fantasy elements are OK to and handwaved by way of being sufficiently advanced tech, as long as that fantasy stuff stays in that zone and doesn't spread into the main setting. Since the mission was set up to be a one-shot (AFAIK) and the fantasy stuff doesn't really need to be reused, the usefulness of putting it on the wiki seems questionable. As long as the dragons stay in the designated fantasy zone, though, it's okay to use them in that plot. I just don't want to see dragons running around in mainstream SARP.

That's correct; what happens there, stays there. The planet is effectively locked down, and nothing will come or go other than SAoY personnel sent down to take a look around. Now that that is out of the way, I've been meaning to ask you something @Ametheliana ; are you interested in joining? I thought it might tickle your fancy.

Oh, @ArsenicJohn , I've talked around a bit and I realize that you actually can have an anthro character much more easily than I initially thought. If your character is actually a furry, and had the procedures to become an anthro, then that's A-Ok. I hope that helps with your character selection.

how would it be weird? I do it on the interregnum :p Daran and Cleo rem rascals them. I also take over Theme at times when ace let's me, and am fully capable of playing two characters in a plot. :p

I'm interested in joining! I'd need a bit more information before I knew what sort of character I wanted to make, though. I guess I need a little time to look around the wiki and do some minor research.

Well, last time this story arc of 5th Fleet was running, I was strapped for time and didn't document everything onto the wiki yet. If you'd like @Malefic , I can answer any questions you have here instead.

Alright, here goes. Offered to answer my questions here, you asked for this!

1. Will the 5th Fleet be bringing any of their technology into this world? Weapons, etc.?
2. Are there limited races to pick from to join this?
3. Could I have a sort of basic summary of what the 5th Fleet did when they first discovered this planet? Did they make themselves known? Do the people on the planet know about modern technology or are they still in a medieval sort of state - despite the nanobots littered throughout the world?
4. How does the 5th Fleet decide who they send down into this planet?
5. Could I potentially have a link to the thread(s) where the 5th Fleet encountered this place for the first time?
6. DO WE GET TO USE BADASS SWORDS?!
7. What are the limitation of "magic" in this world? What scale does it operate on? Could a powerful "wizard" blow up a whole city? Or just a shed?

I'll probably come up with a plethora more the second I hop off my computer. I'll keep you posted!

Oh, no problem at all!
  1. We won't be using any outside technology since we're trying to keep this under wraps. That, and outside tech is apparently verboten and will start dissolving if it's brought in.
  2. You're limited to anything in the SAoY roster and foreigners to this planet. No locals. The key though, is that whatever species you pick has to be able to fit into the fantasy setting, which isn't too hard really. XD
  3. When the 5th Fleet arrived, it kept its existence hidden, so the locals have no knowledge of "big honkin' space guns" or anything of that sort. The first scouts sent down had to soon return as their gear started to corrode under the nanomachines, but they also discovered that personnel and such weren't affected so long as it 'fit in'.
  4. It's a whole planet, and because of that, the fleet has resorted to casting out a broad net by briefing and providing basic training to average soldiers to fit in and begin the search.
  5. The first encounter with the planet was not RPd, so there's no thread for that. Instead, I had us skip right to the good stuff and be a week or so in on getting used to living on the planet prior to becoming adventurers.
  6. Yes, you get to use swords and stuffs. The setting is medieval, pre-renaissance, but there's still throwbacks to the planet's own history present too; we already encountered Hobgoblin Hoplites who fight by the 'old ways' for an example.
  7. You need to find out :3

Last edited:
Awesome! Yeah, I'd be happy to be a part of this! Do I have a deadline for making a character? Or are we still deciding if this is happening?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back