• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 5] A Unique Encounter

"Be sure to keep that skillet to the side. With the kind of things that happen here, Lance would have a serious point. Between the stuff that Squad 35 has been up against and flammable scientists, I'm not ready to rule out fighting cookware." Kokuten chuckled a little, even if his message seemed to come off anyway. He looked around judging the surrounding area, the Medic took a seat and then responded to Akio when he made his question.

"Eh, don't fret too much on it. Just think of this as an excellent time to relax, and not have anything to finish up, finalize, or fight." Kokuten sighed happily.

Richard put down his skillet. He blinked. "Message?... Oh, right, that's why I'm here. I guess that's why you're all here as well... um... hey, a vending machine!"

Richard's mind led him off on another adventure, this time leading to a long and perilous journey across the room to the vending machine, were he began quietly browsing it's selection.

Lance slowly shook his head, amazed at how Richard managed to survive basic training. "Well... he is certainly a different one..." Lance commented about Richard to the other two.

"I hope they don't take too long... I'd rather not be here all day, figurativly or literally." Lance stated, stifling a slight yawn before leaning against the wall.

"Well a good way to past the time, at least, whilst not thinking of it, is to talk about something else. Now, what have you fellows been doing, by far, here on the Cirrus?" Kokuten asked, leaning back on the table to relax himself, and the atmosphere.

Finishing a bit of exercise, Darian splashed a bit of water on his face to cool off before pulling on his uniform and heading out to the assigned meeting. While not exactly fresh blood since he'd served in another department aboard the station, Darian still felt a bit of the new recruit vibe returning. "Relax," he mumbled to himself. "It's still the Cirrus." As long his new post didn't put him on the front lines or in the middle of a fire fight for the first couple of days, he felt he would have little trouble adjusting. Regardless of location, basic field maintenance wasn't likely to change anytime soon. Who cared where he fixed power cells or pneumatic servos? It was all the same game, wasn't it?

Reaching his destination, Darian smoothed out any lingering folds in his uniform before casually entering and looking around at the others. A couple seconds were enough to tell him he hadn't been previously assigned with any of them. So, it really was a fresh start, and he might as well meet the crew. Darian walked over the assembled men and, although it was probably a bit too casual, quickly found a place to sit on the table top. "Hello all."

"Well hello there!" Kokuten said cheerfully to the newcomer, "You must be here for our little briefing." He waved to him from his spot on the table. "Take a seat, relax, I think we've got a few minutes to wait."

Lance nodded his head in greeting to the newest arrival to the slowly growing group. "Nice to meet you, I'm Lance Nemo, Private 3rd Class. You are?" he questioned, not moving from his spot leaning against the wall.

"Darian Fulram, reassigned private first class, field repair," he said, introducing himself to the others. "Any idea yet what this is all about?" he asked the group. For a second, he throught he smelled smoke, but dismissed it almost immediantly as one would have to be quite brazen to smoke aboard the Cirrus.

Kokuten shrugged at the man, not exactly sure why they were there themselves. "Really, we know that we're supposed to be here today. I figure if we're doing our job, then we might as well enjoy it."

Lance shrugged himself, "Personally, I'm sticking to my belief that this is really just some surprise executions that the administrators want to do to scare the station." he stated, the half-joking part of his statement hopefully being heard.

"Surprise Executions? What was you're last post? Gravedigging division?" Kokuten chuckled a little bit as he arched a brow at the young man. He gave him a warm smile. "Really! Quit worrying, we'll be fine."

"EXECUTIONS? Do you mean they found out about my exploding burrito in the Grand Atrium?... I mean I don't know nothing about nothing..."

Richard looked around at everyone. He panicked and saluted... with the frying pan again. He pulled it down, rubbed his face, looked around again, and tried his best to defuse the situation.

"... Hi, I'm Richard Matthews, P3C, field medic!"

Lance blinked at the sudden outburst by Richard, honestly taken back by surprise at the sudden and, somewhat, unprovoked panic that Richard had gone through. "You... don't get sarcasm very well I take it, Richard?" he questioned.

Returning Kokuten's smile, with a slightly colder one, but still vaguely warm smile, Lance responded, "I'm sure I mentioned this was my first post, didn't I? There's a long story about always being suspicious and watchful of sudden executions I learned from my dad..." he revealed, nto intending on elaborating any farther then that.

"Well, sure, perhaps you could get things like that at Abjection, but here on the Cirrus? I highly doubt that, friend." Kokuten shrugged to Lance. He didn't feel all that comforted by the man's depressing approach to the situation. Maybe if he chose a way to allieviate such seriousness."

"And Richard, you may need to start practicing a habit of putting that skillet down before you salute somebody. Might cause brain trauma if you keep it up, or inevitable damages to your sinuses." He raised an educating finger, the small blue pad on the gunmetal hand current at a dim color.

His arrival announced by the ringing of his work boots on the metal floors, David 'Speedy' Harbinger entered the rest area. On contrary to Richard, he was wide awake. Walking calmly to the vending machine to get a drink. "So," He popped open the can. "How y'all doing today?"

"I wouldn't drink that stuff if I were you," Noboru said, watching Harbinger nervously. "Last can of that stuff I drank I was irradiated so bad my piss glowed blue for a week."

Speedy twitched an eyebrow at Noboru's comment, but drank it anyway. "It isn't a Spacer, if that's what you worried about..." The can read 'Carbo-Fizz', the cola look-alike.

"That's what I'm worried about." Noboru said, his face flat. "I drank some of that stuff and I swear my piss turned blue."

He turned fully towards Harbinger. "Anyways, Soldier Third Class Akio Noboru. Glad to make your acquaintance."

Speedy also turned fully to Noboru, revealing that his right eye was glowing green. "I'm David Harbinger, tech sentry third class, my friends call me 'Speedy'."

"This begs the obvious question, why do they call you Speedy?" Lance asked, quickly deciding to introduce himself before the Speedy could respond, "Oh, by the way, Tech Sentry, Private 3rd class, Lance Nemo."

RPG-D RPGfix
Back