• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 May and June 2024 are YE 46.4 in the RP.

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 5] A Unique Encounter

Speedy paused for a moment. "Well, it's an interesting story, but an odd one. THen the name stuck, however it's a story I don't care to relate... It did stick because I'm good at doing things quickly."

Just as David began getting settled, two figures appeared at the doorway of the rest area. Two young women adorned in Cirrus Station attendant uniforms, consisting of white and navy-blue vests, jackets, business-skirts and dark stockings. This particular uniform was normally only present on Savtech attendants...and these two ladies were, of course, no exception.

The first one to speak was the shorter of the two, a smiling Savtech with honey-blonde shoulder-length hair and a slightly curvaceous figure. She bowed to the room when she and her companion had reached the center and introduced herself.

"Hello! I am Cirrus Station Savtech Mimi, security co-attendant of Cirrus Station Squad 35," Mimi said cheerfully before motioning to the other Cirrus Savtech next to her. "This is my co-attendant, Kess."

The other Savtech was very different from the first. Half a head taller with a much thinner body type. A full head of straight, raven-colored hair poured over her shoulders and down her back, leaving her mild, uninterested expression open and laid bare to the room. When Mimi mentioned her, Kess was thoughtful enough to raise a single hand and give them a half-assed wave as Mimi smiled weakly at her companions actions.

"Well..." Mimi started again, turning back to the group of men seated around the room. "As you all may or may not know...you have been reassigned to our Cirrus Station Security team, CSS Squad 35. Your old Savtechs and friends from your previous squads send you the best regards, I assure you," Mimi explained, brightly smiling at each person as she spoke on.

"Any minute know the rest of your new squad will be arriving, and then we will go further into your first assignment as a new CSS squad," Mimi clapped her hands together in joy. "Oh! I'm sure that you all will get along just great! I'm get so excited, meeting new people! Right, Kess?"

"Eehh. I suppose." Kess sighed with a shrug.

Richard listened to the two Savtech attendants. He blinked, then his mouth kicked into gear before his mind could hit the e-brake.

"Sooo... you're NOT here to execute us?"

"Will you stop suggesting that?!" Noboru half-shouted, exasperated at the soldier's paranoia. Sighing, he straightened his uniform top and turned back towards the two SAVTECHs, angling his gaze towards Kess. She seemed to be the more straightforward of the two, so he decided to ask her- this would be an inquiry that would get things done.

"Kess, when should the new squad be getting here? Also, who are in it?"

"Wonderful!" said Kokuten gleefully, the former Medic standing to his feet. He straightened himself and walked over to the two of them. "Oh, I'm sure you already know my name, but I'd like to make it official!" He extended his hand to Mimi first, seeing as Akio was talking to Kess.

"Kokuten Gaiasis Chiaki the 5th, at both your services." He said with a warm smile.

Lance chuckled as the other soldier was yelled at, but did wonder just how interesting it'd be with team 35, he hadn't been on the station for to long yet even he had heard about a few of the stories of what they've done. "Well, this is without a doubt going to be exciting I'm sure." he responded, mostly faking the enthusiasm.

As Kokuten extended his hand out to Mimi for a friendly handshake, Mimi stared at it curiously as if unaware of its meaning. Eventually it came to her however, and she gasped in surprise at her own personal revelation. "Oh! Ah hah hah...oh..." the Savtech laughed a little nervously. She threw a glance at her partner, Kess, before delicately reaching out to return the gesture. Before Mimi could, however, Kess spoke up.

"Mimi." Kess said in a stern, almost disciplinary tone. Mimi jerked her hand back, looking a little embarrassed, while Kess stepped in between Kokuten and her. "I'm sorry sergeant, but neither of us can shake your hand because we are both holograms. Volumetric images," Kess stated bitterly. "If you all could just wait for your new sqaudmembers to arrive, we can begin discussing the new assignment."

"Oh?" Kokuten arched a brow at Kess, and then back to Mimi, he stared for a moment.

"OH!" He said, a little surprised and then cleared his throat. "I'm so sorry! I didn-- I didn't mean to cause any discomfort." He said apologetically, his eyes turning an embarrassed red with his face. With that, he gave a flourished bow, much similar to high-classed Nepleslian noble, in replacement to a handshake. "None the less, good to meet you." He finished, then straightening back up with a still-embarrassed smile, and then went back over to his bench to sit. The social blunder seemed to hamper his mood a little.

"Holograms? They couldn't have sent living, breathing people?" Speedy's brow furrowed. He finished the 'Carbo-Fizz' and tossed the can into the trash-can.

"Convincing..." Lance commented under his breath. He'd been fooled, not that he would ever admit to it, but still, they were good. Glancing around quickly and looking at the watch he wasn't wearing, Lance decided to ask a quick question, "Excuse me, but do we have an ETA for our other squadmates, or is it going to be just whenever?" he questioned, attempting to not sound overly prying.

Kess jerked her head over to Speedy, furrowed her brow and curled her lip a small amount, the distaste in his choice of words almost palpable. "Well, I'm sorry that you weren't sent real people. Trust me, the feeling is mutua-" Kess started to retort, but then it was Mimi's turn to interrupt her companion.

"Kess!" Mimi pleaded forcefully. Kess huffed and dropped the subject, apparently aware of how out of line she was. When Mimi was convinced that the raven-haired Savtech was finished, she turned back to the rest of them...only to turn into Richards hand as he waved it through Mimi's stomach. His hand weaved through the mass of light particles with no give whatsoever, neither party feeling anything between the transaction. While Mimi seemed to enjoy the exchange, giggling and swathing her own hand through Richards head, Kess simply crossed her arms and stepped back, looking more and more agitated with the exchanges.

"The others should be here any moment, Mr. Lance," Mimi returned a slightly delayed answer to Lance. "We gave them a little leeway so that the rest of you can get acquainted before they arrive."

Meanwhile, Noboru was watching what was quite possibly the oddest exchange he had encountered since watching his XO pick up one of his squadmates and plant a fat one right on her lips, wearing the same expression of mixed pity and surprise. Complete with cocked eyebrow and slightly agape mouth.

"Richard," Noboru stammered, "Umm... What the hell are you doing?"

Lance's mouth was slighly agape at the sight of Richard waving his hand through the hologram. "That... that is slightly disturbing to watch..." he muttered to himself, before shaking his head slightly and responding to the hologram's response to his question.

"Thank you for the information." he responded, before muttering under his breath, "Mr. Lance? That's a little different."

"Hey braindead, holograms are not something you could pay if you break it," Jen warned as she was walking by in her CSS suit that still had a nice colored smear on her right shoulder since the Stain Ball game, but then stopped as she remembered something. She then looked at who she thought was the more intelligent of the group, primarily at Kokuten and asked, "Wait, you guys are new coming in?" The marine then glanced over at the hologram I was supposed to show up here wasn't I? she thought with a little bit of sweat, I completely forgot about it...

"We aren't sanitation staff, ma'am." Noboru said, looking at the newest arrival. He eyed the stain on her shoulder, raising an eyebrow before commenting, "What happened to you? You get in a fight with a paint gun and lose?"

Regardless, he turned towards his fellow officer and extended a hand. "P3C Akio Noboru, Station Security. We were assigned on different parts of the station. Pleasure to meet you."

Following after Jen, but in an impeccably clean CSS uniform, was the Elysian Patriarch, Serra. Though she had though to ignore the people harassing Mimi and Kess, because she felt Kess deserved the stress. She eventually wandered over.

"Excuse me, Mimi, Kess." She said politely as she addressed the two Savtechs. "Who are these people?"

The hyena Kohanian was the next to arrive, but if the people in the room had been expecting something normal, they would not recieve it. Deacon was still in little more than a bone necklace, leather pants, and that Kohanian made katana on his back. He moved in his more feral hunched position on all fours into the room, where he found a spot by the machines and just sat back on his haunches in a squat, watching everyone gathered.

"Mmm, fresh meat." He mumbled to himself, not really expecting anyone to hear him, as he licked his chops absentmindedly.

The gesture was not directed at the new security staff, but more towards the fact he just realized that since he had gotten on station, he had not eaten anything. A fact that was becoming clear after his display in the stainball game.

Finishing his handshake with Jen, Noboru turned to the Elysian, crossing his arms behind his back. "We," He said in a flat voice, "are the new recruits to Squad 35." He approached the Elysian with a straight look on his face, mouth shut in a straight line across his face, brow a pair of horizontal lines across the top of his goggles.

"Akio Noboru, Private Third Class, Cirrus Station Security."

And then he noticed the Kohanian behind Serra. The... Thing... Was absolutely massive, standing at least a full head over Noboru. It was also clearly muscular, as evidenced by the fact that its torso was covered by nothing but the leather pants and bone necklace he wore. Oh, and the intimidating katana on his back.

"Err..." Noboru looked slightly awestruck at the massive thing. He had heard rumors, during his short tenure in the SAoY and UOCPF, about the anthromorphic creatures- and things that weren't too flattering, either. Noboru didn't have anything against Kohanians- indeed, he often took the Kohanian side of the argument when people referred to them as "backwards", "barbarians", e&, e&, e&- but the thought that Deacon may not be so forgiving towards a Yamataian was... Disturbing, at best. He decided to get his introduction over with.

So the white haired, begoggled security detail officer stepped over to the Kohanian and extended a hand. "P3C Akio Noboru; Cirrus Station Security. Pleasure to meet you."

Richard ceased his messing with the holograms to look at the new entrants. Despite the Kohanian, he didn't seem to be afraid. He mearly waved to all the new people.

"Howdy, guys! Name's Richard. Richard Matthews, P3C. Medic by trade, cook by nature." He said, showing off his skillet hand.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back