Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

RP: Cirrus Station [Episode 5] A Unique Encounter

Speedy didn't even bat an eyelash at Kess, it almost seemed as if he didn't notice her. "I since everyone is throwing about intros, I might as well introduce myself." He straightened himself to his full height. "I'm David Harbinger, tech sentry third class." He was still wearing a standard tech uniform, complete with toolbelt.

Lance was a bit taken aback by the sudden arrival of several new people almost back to back, including the arrival of the Kohanian, which probably took him the most by surprise. "Thats... well thats just completely new..." he muttered to himself, before figuring he should introduce himself to the group.

Stepping forward from where he was leaning against the wall, he began, "Lance Nemo, Private third class Tech Sentry. Nice to meet all of you." he stated, offering his hand to Jen, who happened to be nearest to him and had just finished shaking hands with somebody else.

In reply to Noboru, Jen replied, "it was only a glancing shot, nothing more." She seemed slightly flustered, probably a little embarrassed that she was actually hit during that Stain Ball game, especially at the final moments. It didn't help that she committed herself to wear her CSS during the game on the grounds of "testing it out."

And she heard Decon, which made her spine tingle as she was yet to be used to the big animal thing. Even though she didn't see Deacon behind her, she still had fresh memories of his ferocity during the game. Please tell me he doesn't consider US the meat? she wondered.

Also it appeared to Jen that she was shaking hands somehow, she hadn't noticed until Noboru removed his hand after shaking and began his introduction to the others, and now a taller man was in front of her who was apparently known as Lance. I'll be working with them so I might as well start this right, she thought to herself, and took Lance's hand with a good shake and a spirited inroduction, "Jen Jackson 3rd class."

Though she was slightly distracted by Mr. Skillet hand, or who called himself Richard. I have a feeling I won't like that guy too much, she thought.

Having finished cleaning most of the blood off his nose and the paint off his trench coat Lorcan had finally started towards the meeting. He paused at the door and peered in, all too aware of the bloody mess his nose had become and the fact he actually kinda recognized one of the new comers. Slinking back away from the door, he pulled out one of his knives, cleaned the blood off his nose once more and cleaned his nails. Once that was done he walked in, idly flipping his knife end over end.

Intimidation tactics.

Instead of go for the big group he found a relatively people-free wall to lean against and watched in the interaction. He watched Mr.Lazer Eyes, who'd he heard about from a reliable source, then Mr. Skillet Hand, Mr. Welding Goggles and finally the last few more normal looking members of the team. He'd give it a month before their newly won food stuffs ran out with the addition of more people and after a glance at Deacon he looked hungry.

Lorcan idly played with his knife, keeping it handy. After the brutality Deacon had shown in the stainball field he didn't think he'd relax just yet while he waited until someone noticed him.

The Kohanian smiled ever so slightly, showing off the tip of his left canine tooth. He liked the respect he got from these new recruits...Finally someone treated him with a little bit of caution upon first meeting him, unlike that wall of a man, Stovaa.

Looking down at the hand that was offered by the Yamataian, the hyena slowly raised up from his crouch and took the handshake. "Pleasure to meet you, Akio. You be workin' with the rest of us to keep the white coats safe, or just here on a sight seeing trip? I guarantee that either way you will find this place full of wonderful surprises..."

He flashed a larger grin that could carry either menace or humor, and sat back down on his haunches, pulling a small reed flute from a pocket tied around his right thigh, and started playing it quietly, watching the others for any signs of danger or threat from them. He was still riled up from the game, so should anyone try anything, they could be assured Deacon would be right there for the scrap.

"I'm sure you will want to meet the others once they arrive, so I won't hold you up talking to a walking throw rug...If you need anything, I could help point out the people you need to be buddy buddy with, as you furless warriors are fond of saying."

If Deacon could tell that Akio was Yamataian, and he did, the Kohanian made no outward shows of it, trying to be as friendly as possible for the first impression session.

Noboru's face flashed evident relief. The Kohanian, at least, tolerated the fact that Noboru was Yamataian, which was good enough. Also, the large jackal wasn't going to gut him- at least not yet.

"I'll be working with you to protect the lab techs, yeah," Noboru said before lowering his voice and moving in closer to Deacon, "but if something does decide to attack us out of the black-and-white, do me a favor and push Cassifin into it first, wouldja? Station Administrator she may be, but she doesn't seem like the humble, sociable type."

"Well look at it this way; There's nothing saying we can't just purchase more food for the kitchen with our own paychecks. Compared to what you all were supposedly being fed, It's not that much of a detriment."

Claire waltzed on in rather nonchalantly with Keziah. They were noticably standing very close to one another, but Claire had her arms free for once. The redheaded marine paused when she saw the new arrivals. "Oh? What do we have here? Am I no longer unique for being the new gal here?" She held a mirthful smirk and her eyes wandered between them, obviously looking them over. "Well welcome then. I haven't been here long myself, but it's already been fun. I'm sure you'll all fit right in." Of course, 'fitting in' was oxymoronic with this group, as almost none of them looked like they belonged together.

Whatever response Keziah was going to deliver was lost as soon as the two women entered the rest area. She was wearing her uniform, but her face still looked like it was permanently flushed.

So instead of just standing and blinking at all the new people that she hadn't really expected to see, it looked like she was blushing too.

Wonderful.

She hung back a bit, her arms crossed over her chest, all closed body language. "Hi," she said, her eyes briefly passing over all the new arrivals before turning to Claire. They lingered on her for a brief moment, and then zipped to Kess and Mimi, shooting inquisitive daggers at them.

Noboru broke off his conversation with Deacon and turned towards the heretofore-unseen Keziah. Securing his welding goggles, he nodded in the massive Kohanian's direction and drifted through the room, arriving next to her after a few seconds of wandering.

"Hello." He extended his hand for a handshake, which had become the customary 'greeting of the day' for the newcomer. "P3C Akio Noboru, Cirrus Station Security."

Lance raised an eyebrow in a curious manner when another person arrived, one who appeared to be rather flustered, though for what reason he couldn't hope to guess at this point. Lance noticed that there were suddenly quite a few more people in the room, more then he was used to having to deal with at any one time.

Backing out of the main group a little, he drifted towards a wall that was still near the main entrance, scanning the people in the crowd and wishing that he'd met somebody earlier from another assignment or even basic.

As he stood there, his body language was open, willing to talk with another person.

Of course you're Cirrus security. Why else would we all be here?

She held off rolling her eyes and settled with shaking the man's hand. "Keziah Dells." A pause, and she dropped her hand. "Didn't expect to meet a Yamataian in this place."

Serra naturally felt rather incensed that she was ignored so utterly. Then again, a Patriarch, even one as perfect as she, was not much of a sight compared to a walking, talking, musically inclined Hyena in a CSS uniform.

Coughing slightly, to clear her thoughs, she decided to introduce herself as well.

"My name is Serra Evangelle. I am also a member of Security Team 35. Though I fancy myself more along the lines of logistics then actual grunt work."

It had been an interesting month for Cyril Sevyn, working with Squad 74. He'd learned more then a few useful lessions there. Like always run away from an NCO with a clipboard and a determined expression. But now that he was done, it was nice to get back to the old squad. They were good soldiers, sure, but the 74's were... Characters.

Ducking into the brake room he'd been sent to to meet up with the old squad, he was pleased to see most of the old faces were still there. Theer were some new folks too, rangeing from a giant dog-type person to, going from his pips, an actual freaking sergeant. No disrespect to Miss Dream, but finally.

Coming in on the heels of Serria's introduction, Cyril chimed in with "I dunno. Ye can kick ass pretty well when ye have to. Fer a blue blood."

One of the last to arrive, his massive Id-Sol frame towering over many of the other squad members, Stovaa entered the room, nodding a greeting to each of the new recruits.

"Private third class Stovaa Drakon, I was 'persuaded' to introduce myself and check in for a briefing." He looked around the room, taking in the faces. "Guess I'm not the new guy anymore, eh?"

Richard quickly glanced over all the new faces. His eyes fell on the new Id-Sol, though he was unaware he was anything other then a really, really big guy. Upon hearing his name, he decided to introduce himself.

"Howdy, Stov! Private 3rd Class Richard Matthews, field medic! Nice to meet'cha!"

Richard stuck out his arm for a hand shake. I say arm because, rather then sticking out his right hand, he stuck out his left skillet.

Lorcan watched Stovaa walk in and got a slight pang of jealously, that soon dissolved into amused laughter as Richard offered his skillet to the massive ID-Sol instead of his hand. He managed to bring his laughter down to giggles and finally subsiding to a rather amused grin, quite unusual for Lorcan of course. He drooped briefly into a crouch to slide his knife into his boot and then stood back up and walked over and gave Richard a friendly clap on the shoulder. "You Probably don't want to offer him your skillet, he might break it..." He said, openly teasing both Stovaa and Richard, an amused grin still on his face.

Kokuten watched the two groups, veterans and greenhorns, come together and converse amongst each other. The LED-eyed Nep felt little motivation to get up from his spot and immediately introduce himself. It felt better to just sit and observe who had entered and who they were, absorbing most of the information as they spoke. It surprised him a little bit with the kind of diversity they had in just one squad.

He tried sorting out the people amongst them, a few Nepleslians, a Kohanian, and a Patrician of all things. Of course, now there was a Yamataian as well, so it even seemed a little more diverse, which caused the Doctor clack his eyes for a moment.

Though, this caused him to feel a little weird, staring at people like that. So, he just seemed to catch a better interest in the blue circuit in his metal hand.

Claire's eyes gazed over the new group that was to join them. My these squads grew fast didn't they? She smiled faintly as they all introduced themselves to one another, even giving Keziah a small pat on her shoulder as she did so. Well, at least this group seemed more lively than the previous group she had been stuck with. Much more interesting...

Her eyes settled on the doctor with the glowing LED's in his head. He didn't seem to be warming up to the group very well. She'd just have to change that, wouldn't she? She slid away from Keziah, throwing her a quick smile to assure her that she'd be back in a minute. She walked over to Kokuten and paused a couple feet away from him. "Hello there, dear. You shy or something?" She folded her arms idly with a slight smirk.

Kokuten looked up at the woman, his eyes clacked for moment as the glowing orbs focused on her. She was an a fairly attractive woman, her smirk seemed to remind him of Suku. Though, her eyes seemed to have much less spite in them.

"Well, I'm not one to interrupt." He smiled at her warmly. His right hand extending up to her for a shake. "Staff Sergeant and Doctor Kokuten Gaiasis Chiaki the 5th, at your service."

Jen removed herself from the group and in turn leaned against the wall herself. She was rather grumpy and would have rather had this gathering along with a drink like she would have on Nepleslia. She then looked to her left to see Lance standing close by and looked up to the man who had shaken her hand, "Hey why are ya standing so far away?" she asked as an invitation.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back