Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Kyle and Brian, is there a chance of us doing a JP today (Saturday)? I don't want to spend a long time shopping. If we could do some RP in real time, it would allow us to RP it out without taking too many days.

I am thinking rather than SP out the shopping, it might be better to do a timeskip post and move us to lunch or the onsen afternoon.

We might be able to, just need to get a time set. I dunno what exactly I'll be doing tomorrow morning (father is thinking of going to the range) so I may only be available in the afternoon :)

Well family is fighting the local bug, so I could probably make it if we set a time period and I can let them know.

Alright, I'll try to hang out in our ship's JP room most of today.

Ping me on IRC if you need my attention.

Gunsight1 said:
guys im down sick pretty bad. not sure how long. ill try to post if i can, right now just trying to get over this bug
I'm not sure how that prevents you posting, but I do hope you feel better! Being sick is no fun.

Edit: I dropped two inactive players from the plot (Screech48 for not returning after his LOA and Demibear for stopping posting).

I am still here btw, between being out of the country and then family time I didn't have much time for SARP and I really didn't want to try to jump into the thread halfway.

It drove me crazy today to not have anyone post. This is the only plot I'm roleplaying in right now (due to time constraints) and I feel like we're moving like pond water. I am really itching to start the next mission now. Many of you are overdue for a post and I have to complete our plot checklist soon (this means removing inactive players). This ship is going to keep moving with the people that are posting. What I may do is start 18.2 and leave 18.1 open so we can eventually wrap it up in our spare time. Thoughts?

Well, I am fully recovered! Pretty much been asleep since my previous note. Expect a post from me tonight after I'm back from work.

as for getting the next mission going while we finish up shore leave posts. fine with me. more to write about :)

That good to hear!

I like the little animated avatar you made using the chibis.

I was out of town for a day, I'm already back though.

I agree that people need to post more often, but sometimes you can't do anything until another person has posted for you to respond to. Sure, technically you can post around them, especially if it's been more than a couple of days, but the RP is all about interacting with other characters. If you just write around them, there's little point.

I think we jump to new things too quickly. Almost every mission so far, we've basically stopped halfway through and jumped forward, skipping much that I'd like to see or explore more. It's very jarring to be in the middle of vacation, then suddenly be back on ship heading into a mission. Or have a dangerous mission cancelled abruptly and then immediately switch to lighthearted downtime.

We do seem to get bogged down in details, especially towards the start. I'm not sure what to recommend. This is also the only plot I'm a part of, and it also tends to move too slowly for me - at least the parts my character is involved with.

@Gabriel: Ramiro's bio hasn't been updated since Mission 14. Can you update it please?

@Tanka001: Could please update Suzume's bio?

Anyone that was at the food court and wanted to ride with Hanako to the onsen, just make it clear in your next post that you rode with her in the van or post here and I'll make minor edits to show your character was along for the ride.

Note: Blue jeans and jeans in general are considered Nepleslian fashion and not something a Yamataian would normally wear. See Yamataian Culture.

Probably sounds about right for Bors then, heh heh.

Hopefully this little shopping spree doesn't drain her savings dry. Will we get a rough number to subtract from our savings at the end?

RPG-D RPGfix
Back