Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

hey wes what is the terrain like? would it be possible to clothesline Gravedigger with the shuttle without wrecking it and hitting Bors? lol

used to do it with planes all the time in Battlefield 1942. would be pretty entertaining lol

Hahah, I had thought as much as well, signal bors to drop and have the shuttle hit Gravedigger from behind. Flying on antigrav at a good speed, the shuttle would be silent and well, let's see gravedigger survive a broken back. Problem is Bors is a nepleslian so the only way to contact him is via Radio. Don't think Gravy is going to let him answer. :P

Gunsight1 said:
hey wes what is the terrain like? would it be possible to clothesline Gravedigger with the shuttle without wrecking it and hitting Bors? lol

used to do it with planes all the time in Battlefield 1942. would be pretty entertaining lol

*rubs hands together and cackles wickedly*

Gunsight1 said:

It's mostly flat desert with some trash here and there and a bunch of hovels and shacks in the nearby settlements by the entrances to the underground city. You could try that, but remember he's got a weapon that can hurt your shuttle.

Right. Going on Nashoba's comment that the shuttle is silent on anti-grav if we come up on his back he wouldn't have time to react. takes time to drop Tue rifle and nsp he's holding and pick up, aim and fire his heavy weapon on the shuttle. Gravedigger has got the drop on us a crazy amount of times. I think its time for us to have the drop on him so we can all go home.

I've a post written up where Hanako solves this problem with her money but I'm not sure if I should post it or not.

Code:
[i]Surface[/i]

Gravedigger's communicator spring to life, buzzing with vibration and loudly blaring an Aethersperm song. Keeping the NSP pointed at Bors, he used his other hand to take the call.

"Outland Assassination, Grave Digger speaking...yeah. Uh huh. Well, I got one of them in custody at gunpoint...okay? Ha! Alright. If that's what you want. And the payment? Okay. Okay. I'll let him know. Yeah, thanks."

Gravedigger put up his communicator. "That was my client's dad. He says the hit on you is cancelled. Apparently your captain called him and talked it out and is paying us off. Looks like it's your lucky day. You're free to go. No hard feelings. So that's it, I guess. Forgive me if I don't hand you back your sidearm with the mag in it."

Making sure the NSP was relieved of its energy supply, the assassin tossed the pistol back to Bors and began to head off towards one of the shanty towns in the distance.

I know I'm the newcomer here, so take my two cents accordingly. But in my honest opinion, that sounds too much like an unsatisfying deus ex machina. I feel like after everything Gravedigger has subjected the team to, they're entitled to at least a tiny bit of poetic justice. Even if Gravedigger isn't killed, earning an escape seems like a better end to this mess than the team getting bailed out and Gravedigger getting his payday anyway.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Riko, but it seems like Bors would probably have a hard time keeping himself from jumping Gravedigger while his back was turned. ;)

Floodwaters said:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, Riko, but it seems like Bors would probably have a hard time keeping himself from jumping Gravedigger while his back was turned. ;)

Indeed hence why i was asking about the distance, could easterly write in a disarm/Punch in face post if he was closer but at the distance hes at it would more be like charge and get pumped full of holes by his own NSP which would not be good. Though with the shuttle ramming I keep getting the image of that movie scene where the guy is running from that airplane, can't find a clip of it to show you guys....

Thanks for finding that Reynolds, I could not remember for the life of me what that movie was called

Krious, just as info, Sienna rigged the "harness" at two points on opposite sides of the passenger bay so that it would have kind of a triangular support to be dropped out the rear door. This way Bors's weight wouldn't throw off the balance of the shuttle too badly as Natsumi was flying us to safety, as well as give two people a lot more room and leverage to pull him up.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back