Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Mitsuko wandered off a bit ago. Can she be telepathically contacted like that through the ship? Just want to figure out how I should react.

But everyone could tell it's happening from that distance and without line of sight; though you can encrypt the contents if the other person has the key - IIRC. Otherwise, through the ship would probably work.

I think that's about it. Touch is perfectly safe, line of sight can be overheard if someone walks in the way, and anything further is just a wide broadcast to anyone that can hear. Unless it was routed somehow.

I was checking on our packed cabin situation, and noticed a few things. I thought Izokia was going to move into Cabin 4 with Misato and Murakami, but she seems to be in her own cabin now. Also, if we've lost Conrad and Armando, we could move the two newest arrivals to that cabin.

I just realized the PA Bay isn't next to the Cargo Bay. I was thinking of the Shuttle Bay, apparently. Not sure how I could edit the posts I've made so far to fix that...

Hey there. Pretty much new to the roleplaying scene myself. (I decided what the hell I'll jump in at the deep end and now have 5 active RPs). annnyway. I just popped in both to introduce myself and ask a few questions.

Being somewhat new to this universe per-se. What are the rules and restrictions governing Information & Technology officers. like mine.

https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=characters:yamatai:kale_namach

Where is my active workstation on board the ship? Is it in the computer room and also is that a room I have access to. =P

Either way Its good to be here.

Looks like we may be working together Lansky-Hei. I look forward to seeing you in the chatlines.

*Bop me over the head If i seem to be a little hyper. It happens if I drink too much coffee or am just too tired.*

P.S. You may see me editing my posts slightly and often. Im a bit of a perfectionist so I will edit if i see any mistakes =P.

Little spelling and grammatical errors drive me CRAZY too! I have to restrain myself from editing them everywhere, not just my own posts - sometimes I wonder if I'm just a diagnosis away from being OCD. :lol:

Welcome to the RP!

How many more new crew were hidden on this ship, and how were they getting here, she wondered?

Hehe. Didn't you know. You place a star army uniform on a raised wooden table. You then add powdered inspiration and a dash of human blood. Then and only then do you draw the symbols for cohesion and independent thought in the ink from a writers pen and then finally you bathe it in moonlight for up to 4 hours. At this point you should have a fully functioning, walking, talking Yamatai soldier ready for duty. ^^

There is a station on the bridge that you can access the computer. System and Safety monitoring. The Computer room is a secured area.

Zain Snowpaw said:
Hehe. Didn't you know. You place a star army uniform on a raised wooden table. You then add powdered inspiration and a dash of human blood. Then and only then do you draw the symbols for cohesion and independent thought in the ink from a writers pen and then finally you bathe it in moonlight for up to 4 hours. At this point you should have a fully functioning, walking, talking Yamatai soldier ready for duty. ^^

LOL! :lol: :lol:

Thanks for the clarification Nashoba. This could get for lack of a better term interesting. We now have two technical officers and 1 station. Rotating shifts of twelve hours perhaps? I honestly don't know but it could be fun. who knows what convolutions we come up with :P

Technically any bridge station could be used, but yes it could get interesting.

Zain Snowpaw said:
Cargo Bay

Kale noticed an auburn the crew-members nearer the back of the gathering looking around wildly, seeming almost panicked. His appearance wasn't that disturbing was it? He raised an eyebrow and smiled slightly.

He noted that it was the woman who head overheard stating that the away mission was delayed until tomorrow.

Oh well... he hoped whatever seemed to have alarmed the brunette didn't persist. He'd hate to be on tenuous relations with the rest of the crew quite so quickly.

You weren't talking about Sienna, were you? If so, I didn't mean to portray her reaction as alarm or panic at all. Sienna is a very cool-tempered person, standoffish even. She was only (very) mildly surprised to see yet another crew member she hadn't met yet. If Kale noticed a reaction from her at all, it would have been a very muted one, like a slight raising of her eyebrows or looking him over once.

Oh? I must have missundestood :P

She looked behind him and then around the cargo bay, and back at him from where she stood, obscured by a few of the other gathered crew.

Either way Kale is the sort of guy who sometimes sees things and jumps to conclusions. I find it makes for some funny interactions with other people. He might exaggerate just a little.

The guy is insanely nervous being at his first post. For the first couple of days he'll probably jump at shadows. After all not everyone is calm and cool in a new environment like this.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back