Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I can't reveal it just yet, but the Eucharis has just accomplished something and I'm excited about it. I'll tell you as soon as it's officially announced!

Also, we're only 8 days away from the Eucharis' 6th birthday (December 19, 2007-December 19, 2013).

In addition to the above, we just got the latest batch of commissioned chibi art, so most of the crew has chibi art now! You can find it on the crew roster and on your character pages!

I can't reveal it just yet, but the Eucharis has just accomplished something and I'm excited about it. I'll tell you as soon as it's officially announced!

Also, we're only 8 days away from the Eucharis' 6th birthday (December 19, 2007-December 19, 2013).
The results are now public: YSS EUCHARIS has been awarded the BEST ORIGINAL SCI-FI SIM in the 2013 Tournament of Simulations! 43 RPs entered, including at least 3 other Star Army plots, and each was evaluated and scored by 3 of about 12 judges. Thanks to all the great effort you guys have put into this plot, we came out on top of our category! It's an honor, and it's the second time we've got an award from the Tournament of Simulations (in 2012, we won Outstanding Original Sim). What a great present for our 6th anniversary! This is Star Army's flagship plot and I couldn't do it without such an awesome crew (IC and OOCly). Keep up the good work and get in some social development before we get back in action in 2014 (YE 36). As always, if you come up with a suggested plot arc, send it my way and I'll see if I can work it into next year's adventures. Congratulations, Eucharis!

PS: @Deziarra : Your chibi is in the next batch order!

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO US!!!! RAH RAH REEE!!!!! KICK THEM IN THE KNEE!!!! RAH RAH RASS KICK THEM IN THE OTHER KNEE!!!!!!

Never expected to have a character that had chibi art of them. That's a first.

Wes, I'll have to track you down if you go to Dragon Con again next year, if only so you can point out good artists to draw stuff for me.

::golf claps and adjusts monocle:: good job team, pip pip cheerio and all that fine jazz lets go for another year wot wot.

I still know almost no one here. I don't like that, I'd like to change that.

I know stuff is wrapping up with the character development thread. Would anyone who is still around like to RP a little? I don't have the sort of character who is going to barge into other people's conversations, which is why I'm mentioning it here.

I'm certain there are at least one or two players who would like to RP with Akane, but even though you have the kind of character that would not inject herself into others' conversations, it's still a good idea to post more often and keep us up to date on what Akane is doing. Have her go through the buffet line, describe where at the table she decides to sit, and describe her reactions to what's going on. Make sure you remind us that she's there. Sune is playing the welcoming host, and I don't believe Junko is currently engaged in conversation with anyone, nor are Natsumi, Mitsuko, or Sienna. My character isn't usually the type to randomly strike up a conversation either. However, there are at least one or two characters present which will happily engage Akane, but they have to be given the chance first.

You can post Akane's actions and not have her say a word. I do it all the time with Sienna. :)

Last edited:
Floodwaters nailed it. I know it can be tricky to play a character whose personality doesn't lend itself to socializing, but the first step is getting them into a position actually talk with someone. Once you're in that position, making the sort of posts Floodwaters was talking about can definitely provide the grist to get someone else talking to you, if the situation doesn't let you start things off yourself. And if you aren't getting included in any discussion, feel free to shoot a PM to the player you want to interact with or tag them directly in this thread. I know I certainly wouldn't mind having Junko talk to Akane.

Also, if you're talking about posting in the Post Mission 20 thread, I think most people moved on to keep up with the pace of the plot but I - and I'm sure others - would be happy to engage in a quick SP back and forth or even a short JP to provide some context for a conversation in the 20.1 thread.

Last edited:
Here's a life lesson: In real life, you can go to Dragon*Con, a 4-day-long convention packed with eighty thousand other geeks in Atlanta, many of whom closely share your interests in RPGs, sci-fi, science, Star Trek, Star Wars, and more and yet still feel completely alone and have no social interaction. But if you do that, you're almost wasting your money. Now when I go I specifically try to go out of my way to meet people and exchange contact information because as I've got older, I value friendships more and more and I realize how hard friends are to find. At a certain point, you got to start interacting or you're going to have a bad time.

Besides, it's one thing to be be shy, but these are her co-workers and to some extent, the closest thing she has to a family since she's a 2-year-old Nekovalkyrja. She sees them and eats with them every day now.

Furthermore, if you just post about what your character eating, why is that even worth reading? I'm serious. I've often said that he ideal RP post is interesting to read, involves other characters, and advances the story. A post about your character eating really is none of those. So I encourage you to branch out and have her make at least one close friend.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back