• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I'll miss you but I'm okay with it.. I think it's good for a character to experience multiple plots as they age, kind of like how real military soldiers rotate around every two years.

Will be doing the same with Takeyu, Takeyu has been apart of the Eucharis for three-four years now; I feel it is time for him to move on to another plot and to get some new experiences. Thus I plan to remove him once this mission is over

That'll be soon. It's been about 4 OOC months since we were in port, so I figure it's about time for a planetside stop for crew rotation/supplies etc.

At the end of this mission i will be transferring Misato off the Euch, but if Wes is will I would like to transfer another character in. not sure who yet but I have been in this plot since i first joined SARP and would like to continue to be part of it, if only in a different capacity.

I started a new thread!

@Yoshi please fix the broken images in your signature.

I have this strange urge to yell at the model on the Type 36 Coveralls page to get her hands out of her pockets. I'm terrible... ^^;;

Reactions: Wes
Kale and Akane have been removed from the roster for inactivity (they haven't logged on the site since April) and I'm thinking about removing Junko since @Sean_ODuibher isn't posting.

All in all, with the inactives pruned and the people moving to the Sozokaze, that leaves us with a much-reduced roster of just @Yoshi, @Gunsight1 and @Reynolds. *Scratches head* Do you three want to keep going or shall we close up shop and transfer your characters to new ships? With Hanako openly pondering moving on, this seems like a good opportunity to finish but I'm okay to continue, too. As long as I have a couple players that's enough to keep open an RP. Let me know.

I could also see them mothballing the Eucharis and adding her to a museum. She has had a long and distinguished service life. After all the fleet could easily build a Eucharis II if they put the original in a museum.

I'm up for what ever happens, though I could create a XO level character if needed, I was thinking about creating one that would be doing something i have never done yet. any suggestions.

Maybe. It looks like it's down to just me, Gunsight, and Reynolds now. So I want to know what they say.

I think Wes just means the characters that will be on the ship right as this is happening.

I don't want to keep the Eucharis going if you are not having fun running it, and/or if Hanako is ICly not entirely committed to the job. I could be up for a change of pace, within the same plot. Perhaps the ship itself could be temporarily put aside for a year or so? Put it on display, or have it being completely refitted and upgraded into a new type of ship? Or put it aside while a Eucharis II is being built, with the option to return to it later.

Instead, for a change of pace, we could do something based on Yamatai or Hanako's World? Hanako could take a 'desk job' or a position training new officers, or just an extended leave of absence. She could get a few of the Eucharis crew transferred with her, either as her crew there or simply as a way of giving them a break while she takes hers. We could do less official stuff, less space stuff for a bit, perhaps. Could maybe bring in Sune and his science outfit to give us some interesting things to do? Might be interesting to see how he and Hanako interact now that she's considering giving up the ship or retiring altogether.

Personally i do not want to see the Eucharis plot shut down.. I like playing here and plan to continue to do so as long as the plot remains open. Also there is no reason ICly to retire the ship and make a new one. The ships only a couple years old. Terrific waste of resources to retire and replace a all but brand new ship with probably thr same exact model if ship *shruggs*

Actually the Plumeria class of gunships isn't exactly new, its been around for almost seven-eight years now.

Actually the life cycle is 20 years
  • Service Lifespan: Estimated 20 years of constant use, although this could certainly be extended
But that doesn't really matter, the Sakura-Class was supposed to have a lifespan of 20 years, it actually only lasted 6 before being converted to Plumerias.

Sorry for not noticing that you had arrived Gunny, I thought you were still in the Wardroom with Hanako and Takeyu.

The way Wes has treated the Plumeria-class in-universe is actually pretty similar to how - in Star Trek - the TOS Constitution got turned into the Constitution Refit that appeared in the motion picture. The Eucharis - even if it still has the Sakura's AI - is still a relatively new hull in comparison to many other Sakura-class light gunships uprated to medium gunships with the Plumeria conversion kits; like the Azalea, the Chrysanthemum and the Oniyuri. Those hulls are a cumulative 8 years old.

This actually fits well with the Sakura-class specs, which mention that the ship class was due to receive a major refit every 3 years or so; the Plumeria-class standing as the Ke-S3-2 model. If the trend continues, there's probably a new KE-S3-3 refit coming along next year (though this also depends on Wes' degree of satisfaction on the Plumeria and the art assets he has/wants; DOGA has a large part to play in the Plumeria-class' existence).

All in all, the 20 years of constant use probably fits the lineage of twin-daggerblade dual-pylon gunship design the Star Army is presently favoring over the dual-pronged Irim-style gunship (which is ironic, since most heavier Star Army gunships follow the Irim design lineage rather than the Sakura/Plumeria one).

That's odd... made a post two days ago (Friday) and now its... not in the thread? ;_;

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…