Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Nope, thats why I didnt write any for the past like, two days. I thankfully got back to internet... i could honestly only figure out how to look things up, couldnt really write anything on it. (Is not used to these new phones at all.)

And they aren't that big >.>" you should see the wall of texts people on one of my old rp forums did... far more intimidating.

I'll be driving home from vacation tomorrow. Once I'm home I can get on IRC again. Also I'm starting work again next Monday.

PS: Argh! Sunburns are terrible!

You've been writing those ultra big posts by phone? *_*

Just for general interest, through, the "listening to a planet's magnetosphere on the radio" is actually a real life thing. You can look up most of the solar system's planets on youtube. Toyoe was just keeping a whole bunch of channels open to listen out for enemy chatter, and big planets obviously have more powerful magnetospheres.

Yeah, I know. You can do the same thing with the aurora, actually. It's very pretty to both watch and listen to.

And they aren't that big >.>" you should see the wall of texts people on one of my old rp forums did... far more intimidating.

I can relate. My last major board game was an exercise in novella writing. I'd shoot for 1-3 pages per post just to keep up! We wrote for each other's characters more often, though, so that 'helped'.

@Wes welcome back, also since there are a limited number of Mindy moduals and weapons, do you think it might be a decent idea to have a loudout wiki page that people could edit to reflect what they have taken? If so I wouldn't mind being the one to check people's loudouts and updating a section on the YSS Eucharis inventory page to reflect what people are carrying and what is currently in the ship.

A lot of times people put it on their character page or make a wiki page for their power armor. But seeing it all on one page would be more ideal, IMO. So I like the idea, so long as players will update their stuff as required.

Well players would only have to update it every few weeks or after a mission is over really. Since i'm guessing that most of the time people won't have the ability to get back to the Eucharis to change their loadout when in combat. So for they would only have to do it when first setting out, such as when they are loading up in the power armor bay before launching.

We could definitely use some sort of editing to the PA section of the ship's inventory, since there's currently some listed as assigned to characters that are no longer with us.

@Wes I don't mind updating that section of the inventory as we take things on board, just like I didn't mind editing things for similar reasons before. All you have to do is ask. Not a problem at all. I don't really see how a character's IC job bleeds over into someone's OOC responsibilities by default, though. With nothing else to go on, you wouldn't assume Pleiades was going to give you medical advice just because they play the medic, for example.

I'm all for the power armor loadout page idea. The problem with everybody having it on their own page is that there could easily be conflict without anybody noticing.

That said, I wasn't even sure if we were allowed to change the mindy's color until Samanthia did it.

That is why i offfered to be the one to go through the pages and update what they had on the inventory. That or make a section in the inventory wiki where people can update for themselves what they have equipped.

That said, I wasn't even sure if we were allowed to change the mindy's color until Samanthia did it.

I think this is the third or fourth time I've seen this come up, actually, haha. Example.

Wes said:
Overall the color scheme should be the light-blue gray, although colored shoulders/accents are okay if everybody in the line of people in charge of you say it is.

@Gunsight1 It's not my intent to pull responsibilities off of people - I can get Tankyusha more involved in off-ship duties in the future if I'm stepping on toes. :) Let me know.

Oh no no man, Don't confuse Natsumi's line of thought with anything over having more people on the bridge. Nearly all her friends just left as of the end of laste mission, so she is feeling a bit down about things as a whole. You keep doing things as you are. Im just having fun developing my character

I noticed a thread of (understandable) melancholy on the more veteran crew, so I thought that might be it. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't spilling over - I'm in no hurry to run people off the ship! Tankyusha's goal is to make the people around him more effective. Maybe he'll get the opportunity to do that for Natsumi soon.

Last edited:
Oh my sweet jeezus I am so sorry. My router was old and it died, so didn't have internet. I'm back and I missed so much oh my god.

Also, while I am playing a medic, my actual-factual medical knowledge is not at doctor level. I can actually give medical advice on par with an army medic, but please seek a medical professional I am not a real doctor. Just sayin'. If that's what we're after.

Haha, it's okay. The main thing you need to know is that our little medic is going to have to deal with some loaded bodybags.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back