Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I can't navigate the forums to ask about this anywhere else. Something has gone weird. The forums are squashed into a tiny column about half the size of the page. Am I stuck in mobile view or something?

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v86_Reynolds_sabug_zpse1ed47ac.webp

Is it any better now? The style author updated it and some things are different. I've had to change some settings.

That fixed the text displaying in a line like that, but it's still squashed into the smaller column. There's like an extra inch or two of blank space on either side of the actual forum area, compared to yesterday.

Edit : Seems a bit better now, but still slightly off.

Last edited:
Sorry for taking so long to reply. Was out of the house all weekend :s Looks like it's time for some action, though!

Also, if anyone needs orders updates, please PM me!

Last edited:
Does anyone mind if I time-skip to our arrival at the next opportunity?

sounds fine to me, Suites will have taken his medical exam thingy in that time. if we haven't responded to an in character event yet, Would we still be able to post any replies or things of that nature before falling into the timeskip in our next post?

Usually once the aciton moves on, there's no going back, although you could say something like "during the waiting time, Character X had been doing Y. Now, he was doing Z."

Once my food is done and I eat breakfast I plan on doing up a post, preferably pre-time jump. i';ll so a second one once the t-j happens.

Making a short post right now but time skips are cool whenever.

Hey guys, I wanted to take a moment to talk to everyone about medals. Your characters should be getting them after almost every mission. The more successful the mission, the more medals everyone should get! Well, I mean, except for the medals for getting injured or getting someone medical attention...

Anyways, we've fallen behind on handing out medals. I'm going to try to help get use caught up. This means I need everyone to send me a PM listing what medals you think your character should have when Mission 23 begins. We will try to hand all of those out, plus the awards for Mission 23, once it wraps up. It might just be a post in this thread, an IC announcement, a post to your Orders Thread, or even a small IC ceremony.

Here is the big list of SAoY Medals and Awards.

Note that you get at least one for every 'successful' mission. Also for any time you go into combat. So, for example...Mitsuko fought some Rippers on Ether a few years back, but we had to retreat, and that mission 'won' an award for 'Worst Mission Failure' or something similar. So a combat medal, but no successful mission medal...

Also note that, right in the middle of the list, there's a few awards for people who are helpful, boost morale, or lead well during a mission. If you want to post here about who you think deserves those medals, or you want to add another message to our PM conversation as the mission is wrapping up, we'll take nominations and try to make sure those get handed out for every mission.

Here's a couple of examples of how you could track medals on your wiki page:

Hanako's Medals
Mitsuko's Medals
Ramiro's Medals

You can also see an example of medals on display in Hanako's main artwork.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Last edited:
Note that Hanako's medals are in the correct order, so if you're making a "rack" to wear on your character's chest, yours will go in that order too.

I'm not sure how it would work for her. Either we give her standard awards and Nepleslia recognizes them, or we nominate her for Nepleslian awards that they file in her records to give her later, along with any promotions.

if it is anything like her rank i'll have to jump through 16 hoops and then tame a lion. Not worth it. plus I doubt she'll ever need to worry about it, not like she would get any awards anyways.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back