Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Technical note: Just because a room doesn't have air pressure doesn't mean it doesn't have artificial gravity.

Rumors are true, I've been under the weather. Still not back to full, but I'll try to get a post in--especially since Akane got stopped in the hall.

I hope you feel better soon.

Egads, this is quite the trial by fire for everyone... is it presumptuous of me to want to go help with damage control?
No, just get permission first.

@Wes well I did post asking before, just maybe edit into the new post you just made after Hanako acknowledged Jackson's efforts if she was free to go too and if she wanted her to go to any trouble spot in particular first. I kind of wanted to help him or Cherry.

Traditionally damage control is managed by the First Officer so I was going to let @raz answer her.

Also, if she leaves the bridge now she can physically look down the main passageway and see Jax.

Ah okay. My mistake. Saiga sending her off is actually better ICly, too. And at least Jax is close by if she has to return quickly to station. Made small edit to my post to reflect attention towards XO.

Sorry, I got confused. Your post didn't actually say who was acting (it only says "he") and somehow I connected "Rizzo" with "Riko" (Riko Bors was a former Eucharis crew member).

Which reminds me, everyone: Please always put your character's name in your post. We should be able to make sense of posts without looking at the user who posted it.

My bad, I'll work on that.

I have a question, Suites currently has the countermeasure Pods equipped. Could he possibly use the subspace missiles to breach the shields on the enemy ship?

Gettin' wild! I've got to go to a social engagement for tonight, but can't wait to see what we do to get out of this!

A little unrelated, but is there a wiki page that lists all of the possible attachments that can be put on the standard issue Mindy armor?

I have a question, Suites currently has the countermeasure Pods equipped. Could he possibly use the subspace missiles to breach the shields on the enemy ship?
It's unlikely and certainly risky! But possibly!
So that "Kalamari" arm- it's listed under "other" weapons as well as "dorsal". Does that mean it can be mounted elsewhere?
I'm pretty sure it's a back unit only.

Maybe Suites is a little tipsy and spoke to a Sam that wasn't there?

Akane-chan! *glomps*

Um, did the fire just burn off all Sam's clothes? O.O Speaking of clothing, what about Cherry? How much clothes did the fire burn off?

Last edited:
Cherry is it a fire-resistant AMES suit and it is largely intact.

Hey guys, some of you might have already spotted it, but I'm starting up a new ship. I've got some people signed up already, but if anyone is interested, feel free to send me a message. Or if you know someone else who's looking for a new plot they can jump onto as it starts, point them my way. Heck, if you just see something you want to correct or a suggestion you want to make, post about it!

OOC Thread
Mission 0

Due to this, plus an event on Monday and work, I might be a bit slow here and elsewhere until I nail down how to handle everything. First time, you know?

Space, rear of YSS Eucharis

Searing pain and the gratification of seeing the fighter explode passed instantly as he saw another fighter lining up a shot on the place he'd just launched from. Having been launched backwards from the impact he was in an ideal spot to make a move on the assailant. With a minor correction he drew the SMG off his back and flew at the fighter with his shoulder cannon rotating to rest on his dislocated shoulder. At this point he knew something was wrong with his arm but couldnt feel it with the adrenaline in his blood. He opened fire with the SMG he held one handed in his left arm, which the computer had braced with the suits muscular lining, peppering shots at the incoming fighter while letting the targeting computer aim. The scalar shots hardly made a difference before the fighter released a swarm of mini missiles. Being too small for him to target he laid back hard releasing countermeasures in the form of Aether flares and engaged his CFD shield to allow the small drones on his legs to stay with him. The drones opened fire on the mini missiles while he focused on what he could personally handle, the fighter itself.

As the computer registered a perfect firing solution his rail gun pounded thrice as it released a three round burst.
@Rizzo please include your character's name in each post.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back