• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

-checks date-

Oh. It's my birthday.

Shit, didn't notice. xD I'M IN A NEW PFA AGE BRACKET SCORE~

Happy birthday.

Can I assume that in the time skip they've done the analysis and basically said its nothing special, giving Darnell some kind of receipt to prove its been done? Or would you prefer he shows up and you actually RP the results? Honestly it seems something like a distraction at this point...

Also, I assumed Darnell would have their day off as well.

Its technically done from the crew point of view.

Yes Darnell will have a day off with the present crew.

GMs pls correct me if I'm wrong.

Weeeeeellllll

If you want I can just PM you what they'd probably find? And as far as I know the timeskip isn't so much a timeskip. I think Wes would actually prefer you folks go out and write a little bit of liberty time. Get some character interaction going. Timeskip seems a little sad. >:

The edited version of the "Hanako, drunk, rambling, and trying to kiss people JP" is now posted. Special thanks to Gallant for editing it!

PM is fine. The only time skip I'm talking about is overnight, and he'd be interacting with NPCs... so... yeah. And he'd like some kind of proof it occurred, please.

Hope that post made a little sense. I'm in a bit of a hurry to do something else, but I needed to get a post in.

Hey folks,
Just an FYI, I will be going to Charlotte NC, for a convention. Not bringing any computer so I will be out of touch until probably late Sunday.
Nashoba

Cool, I've got an ex-girlfriend that lives in Charlotte.

And yay to me I turn 18 today, well technically it was yesterday since its 1:30 here.

and btw

you used my username...

Had some access here at to con. So I fixed that, its what happens when I try posting while packing. hahahah

Goddarn, I took too long for too short a post. I must be losing it.

This is a notification that I'm changing commands from Coronado, California, to Sasebo, Japan. The next two or so days are going to be spent in transit, settling in, and so on and so forth, and as always connection to the internet is going to be spotty until I can find someone's arm to twist.

I'll be around the rest of today, though.

Who's going to be roleplaying out their day off? If some of you don't want to do it, I am willing to start another thread for those returning to the ship. I'm just a little worried that people are becoming bored with the downtime.

I guess it would depend on if there was some specific group activity that would be good for interaction.

I agree, if there's a set thing to do then it would be easier to participate in and doesn't make everyone feel like they have to completely make up a day spent in a city they know little about.

And btw Gallant, congrats on the transfer (I think). My bro is stationed in Japan at Yukoska and absolutely loves it.

Sasebo's on the FAAAAR EDGE of Japan, miles and miles from anything worthwhile.

I'm told it's rather boring!

Also I would highly, highly suggest coming up with something to do on the day off.

Umm... Nashoba. I'd just like to point out that Science and Medical covers
#
Medical and Science (Surgery, pathology, medicine, cybernetics installation)

Sune listed:
... biology, astrobiology, chemistry, physiology, hematology, pharmacology, radiology, botany and psychology.

These mostly go under skills Sune does not have:
#
Biology (Includes genetics, xenobiology, zoology, etc.)
#
Chemistry (terraforming, creating new substances, etc.)
#
Humanities (psychology, sociology, anthropology, diplomacy, and philosophy)

Sourced: https://wiki.stararmy.com/doku.php?id=wr ... r_s_skills

Also, Darnell would have presumably gone through different basic training since he was trained after the two were split and Sun was before, if I recall.

Erus,

The skills that I listed, are examples of the classes/courses that a person practicing medicine takes, they are in fact only a subset of the actual courses that a student working on becoming a doctor at Duke University would have to take to graduate.

As for the split, that only happened in early YE 31 (The current year) So their core training would have been the same, the delta is that one took courses leaning towards being a ship's doctor, and Darnell took a more general scientist course.

As for what is on the Skill page, it still reflects the Old combined approach, and needs to be updated. In fact if you look down in the Yamatai skills you will see that they have been broken apart as part of the change in yamatai.
- Medical personnel will have first aid skill (Medical).
- Science personnel will have the Science skill with a stated area of specialty.

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…