Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

To be fair, it would have been hard for Nashoba to have had Sune check with the Chusa when we couldn't know whether she was aboard yet or not.

Lilly said:
Hanako isn't the only officer on the ship, I notice a lot of people lately sort of forgo the chain of command and skip right to her? It doesn't reflect a military person very well to other soldiers. Or...umn. Isn't supposed to.

Never said Hanako was the only officer on the ship. But at the time when Sune came onto the bridge she WAS the only person on the bridge.. So it would have been pretty stupid of him to send a message to the XO who was NOT on the bridge to ask a question that the Taisa could answer.

Would have posted sooner, but I was refreshing the last page of the previous thread for the past few days, wondering why it was so slow lol.

Erus,
You need to update your last post.

At no point in my post did I ever say that Sune was yelling at Darnell.

Oh sorry everyone, to be more clear the bit about the CoC wasn't directed only at Nashoba's character I've just noticed it a lot from many different directions ICly since the last mission.

At that moment, it did create a unique, and annoying problem where OOC mechanics cross into things, since we had to all one post onto the bridge there wasn't much chance we could have bumped into each other elsewhere first even if we would have. No worries. <3

I first read CoC as Castle of Chess, lol far to many hours on mmorgps.

Anyway... if this has anything to do with Tasuku..
If referring to Tasuku's message to the captain, I guess it might be a little out of the chain, but that didn't cross his mind at the time, since it was a response to a general message he received from her.

If referring to his message to Hamada, he would have first contacted the supply officer, except that he (Roscoe Voe) never arrived IC, and afaik the roleplyer (Fay) is still completely absent from Star Army, yet her character has appeared on the Eucharis roster for some time. In any event not being able to bring the topic up with the supply officer, Tasuku assumed the second officer would be the one to bring the topic of power armor up with, since she had the listed duty of 'away teams'.

If either Hanako or Hamada feels Tasukus msgs are even mildly inappropriate, I have no problem with them bringing that up, the more rp the better lol.

Then again I have no control of other CoC issues such as an ongoing antagonism between two science personnel of differing ranks. :?

Gallant's not with us for this mission.

I'll remove Fay's character from the roster. I sent him a PM a couple days ago and he never responded.

Nashoba said:
Erus,
You need to update your last post.

At no point in my post did I ever say that Sune was yelling at Darnell.
Considering what he said, if he was saying it in a calm normal voice I would be very surprised and I would be surprised if his tone didn't raise at all.

Regardless, the word 'yell' has become 'threat'.

some of the most intimidating NCO's I knew did not have to raise their voices.

Once we get there, I think we'll start three threads:

[Mission 8.2A] Alpha Team / Secure the Tech!
(Teleporters and other tech)

[Mission 8.2B] Bravo Team / VIP Rescue
(Getting the shipyard-city's leaders and SAoY personnel)

[Mission 8.2C] Charlie Team / Blueprints
(Getting the ship designers and ship designs)

The threads will run simultaneously. Communication transmissions from one thread can be quoted in others, so we can keep in touch with each other. Team leaders will be given a little leeway to act as mini-GMs too (though I will be posting in all three threads).

Just so you know, I'm not inactive, Darnell is just kind of sitting there and that's no fun to post.

Also, he needs a backup, but he's at a station so does he just do it off screen?

Whichever way you like. You may also want to help Sune make some costume wings in preparation for the mission.

Anyone mind if I make a minor timeskip to our arrival time? We could just say everyone got their mental backups and stuff. I figure we'd then have a quick lunch and briefing, get on our disguises, and then split into teams to start the mission.

No problems here, I'm just floating around anyways.

It seems easier just to do it off screen.

By the way, starting either Friday or Saturday my posting might decrease or I might manage to stay consistent. But if it does go down, this is your warning.

A small note I'll be taking a trip so I expect to be absent from July 24-27.

I might be able to post the evening of the 27th depending how scheduling works out.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back