Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

I just realized... would it be better for me to start a new thread for Tan to report to the Eucharis, instead of waiting for the RP to move along to that point? Otherwise, the side stories might end up moving past that first.
Either way is fine with me.

Dang, I didn't realize Candon was actually there because I hadn't seen a wardroom post from Rizzo. I guess Saiga thought something like "And this fuggen crim" while also giving him a nod that conveyed "hello, fellow secret agent."

Candon rented it for 500 KS. Jax and Freyja are also using it. It's a big space.
At the end of the month we'll split the rent.

Didn't know about anyone else

The biggest thing she got was a barrel of whiskey and she's pawning that off on Freyja. Otherwise, she donated about 29 leather boots , a bedroll, gave a sack of potatoes to Lime, and now sleeps in a nest pit.

@Amaryllis, I need to know how Akemi is obtaining personnel data. There is no legal way for him to have as much information as he does. And while Candon cannot really pursue him with legal action it is going to become glaringly obvious who the leak is when he gets back from his mission to this situation and requests an investigator.

I think I remember hearing Amaryllis suggest a character like Sato Miria could have leaked the information to Akemi, but I don't remember hearing if Lamb, or anyone else, approved of that. That's what got the RP past the initial objections to whether it was even possible, I think.

The most I wrote was Akemi knowing three people were on the Eucharis and what they looked like and that Bel has a marksmanship award he could probably space Google to find out about. Like I said earlier he has at least one friend in Yamatai's military in the form of Lamb's character Sato Miria who could tell him about a crew's roster. Lamb isn't here anymore but I don't think that automatically invalidates Akemi using such a connection. I asked him and he said he was fine with it and he'd post if necessary to say so here. Wes said crew rosters are available to anyone in the Star Army as long as they aren't kept specifically secret like some covert ops team. I have a feeling raz might even let me say Saiga gave Akemi information as he told me he was head of the 11th fleet or a high ranking person in it during Akemi's time in Task Force Lantern or just as he was joining or just before. He said he could see him and Akemi being friends/acquaintances. I don't get how SAINT would even investigate things in a way. The moment their files were uploaded someone in Yamatai's military could casually look at them. Would you look at every single person who browsed new recruits? What if they mentally copied the info and sent it on a non Yamatai/PANTHEON hooked up computer? I don't get how this would really be a big breach of protocol in a way. Would Yamataian soldiers not be allowed to tell civilians who they serve with and what ship they serve on during casual conversation? Is it like that in real life? If X generic military person can tell his civilian friends who he serves with and what ship he's on why can't he tell people about the crew of other ships?

On a semi-related note I asked Wes if Akemi could tell people about what he did on Asura 3 during a Yamataian military operation and he said sure as long as something wasn't listed as classified. If Akemi can tell civilians he 420 no scoped some Lorath masquerading as corporate planetary security forces trying to steal bio-technology from a crashed Iroma ship that created a pretense for war with their calculated aggression towards the stranded aliens without breaking some non-disclosure agreement then I wonder why this would be a big deal. Of course the two aren't the same thing but I imagine that knowledge is more meaningful.

Also happy birthday Navian.

Last edited:
RPG-D RPGfix
Back