Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Toshiro said:
Five, gave your guy a final chance at survival, you determine if he made it or not. I need you to post which happened before I determine something.

Kiko is dragged along either way, though she needn't lose any limbs or anything.

I could've sworn that I posted that already.

Edit: wait for some reason the forum tagged that post as new. My bad.

Welcome back! Don't worry, I didn't shove your dude out the airlock :)

Heads up folks, going to be out of town from Tuesday to Friday. So, I'll be unavailable and unable to post for Helen during the duration.

I will be going to see my dad on Thursday until some time during the weekend. I'll have my computer with me and network access though, so there shouldn't be any disruption in my posting.

Hey, I know the Eucharis is coming to Shara, and it won't be for a while. So I am eagerly awaiting this as it is gonna be big.

The Idea of SQUIDBATTLE does not bother me. But I do not want the NMX knowing the location of Gartagen home system, at least not yet.

So if any NMX show up can it be a small scouting party, or a battle group? Something the Eucharis can handle.

I think a demonstration of Yamataian Military Power would be awesome.

Just a thought.

Too late for that Ira, the Neps broadcasted the name of their system and that there was two ships from the SMoDIN 4th fleet enroute.

Easy enough for them to follow Nepleslian ships that far from their empire.

The neps did not broad cast the coordinates of the Gartagen Home planet, and apparently they took an indirect rout.

Logically speaking the NMX could be actively reaching for the Gartagen home world. But would they know? it is doubtful.

With the bulk of their military commited to defending and attack the Yamatians AND nepleslian war machines, it seems implausible that they would remove a large amount of ships from active combat and defense, to search for an alien star systems.

Now scouting parties's? patrol groups? Sure

It is kind of implied that such ships can appear out of thin air.

Really up to the GM's. The Nep News really oversold things,

Code:
The SMoDIN 4th fleet has also dispatched two starships to their home system, ‘Shara’ in order to establish closer relations. A large contract with NAM has also been worked out in hopes that the Garts will be of use in defending Nepleslia.

If I were the NMX I would not be sitting idly by and let a new race come to the aid of one of the people its attacking.... but that's just me.

I agree to that actually.

The NMX won't sit by twiddling their thumbs. They would send scouts to search for the Gartagen home planet.

But like I said, this will all play a large factor in the Premier plot I am developing.

Considering the NMX have had years to scout the areas around Yamatai and haven't yet, I doubt they'd be sending out scouts now considering how many other races have popped up as well.

And it isn't like the name Shara gives them any idea of where to start looking either.

They might put two and two together and decide to start searching near Ether, but they'll run into Origin long before they run into the Garts.

---

Bottom line, I don't see how the NMX would find Shara because of anything the Nepleslians did.

It would be more likely they would find the location through a leak in SAINT or by following the Eucharis.

I don't think it's the fact that they immediately know where it is, I think it's just the fact that they are aware of their existence and their plan to help to Neps. It's more of stating that there is a motive to search them out. Not to mention that they may stumble upon it due to scouting out the newly founded Azorean area.

The NMX have spies, intelligence and double agents. Before long, it's more than likely that the Gartagens will end up being in a situation similar to the Lorath - and that turned out pretty badly. Maybe we're talking about a couple of months here, but it's bound to happen - and that sooner than the Gartagens would probably be to receive them.

Also, the mishhuvurthyar have scouted around. They know about the Iroma. They simply haven't done anything with them since, for the moment, they're uninvolved. That's probably the priviledge the Gartagens also enjoyed until they met with Yuki Toshiro and the Nepleslians.

If the NMX follow Melisson's pattern, we're looking at a NMX coalition investigating and making sure which side the Gartagens want to be on. That alone might be strong arguments for 'newer' races to remain uninvolved with the NMX's enemies, since Yamatai and Nepleslia have rather unfavorable warfronts and the Mishhu have a lot more ressources at their disposal.

Heck, the Mishhu might even want to enlist the Gartagens with encouragements to end up on the winning side and use them as battle thralls. If the Gartagens refuse, they can always be conquered, and then forced into being battle thralls.

This sort of discussion belongs in the GM forum.

and that is all gravy. I would prefer to use them as a plot device because I have an idea for plot.

If the NMX have these the kind of resources to assault anybody with mass amounts of star ships then the Neps and Yamatai should have lost along time ago.

Heck, the NMX are probably arrogant and probably do not feel the need to commit a massive force to destroying the gartagens. Not when the bulk of their forces are tied up in a brutal war against the yams and the neps.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back