Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Ahem, who is this Gabriel who is on the bridge and who let him on there... major typo Gab.

Gabriel nodded and immediately began having the computer place the ships into designated groups based on distance, Group 1 through Group 4.

No, most areas of the ship have gravity.

Aha..I see.

I was just wondering. If you had the gravity off, would the concussive force of the missiles still affect someone inside. In other words, would the crew still have to brace for impact ? Couldn't they just float in the middle of the room without being thrown around or would you actually be bounced around violently within that space ?

Well, we've never actually physically seen what a missile impact can do to a ship in space, so I'm going purely off what I know from sci-fi movies and games. Even in Zero-G, the crew will still to brace themselves because they'll still feel the effects of the impact, just not 'as bad' as if they were in a G-enviroment

Sorry, when I went to post your post wasn't up yet. I will try to work it kicking in in my next post.

That's okay! I wasn't sure if it would work anyways, like if SARP things are designed with some sort of barrier that prevents against electromagnetic interference.

Newtonian physics would still apply. If the ship gets hit the force is going to shove the ship in one or more directions. Anyone not secured is going to find themselves being slammed into objects.

Which passageway is Armundo in? The post didn't include a location header.

Ah...Good question, I didn't really look into that because I didn't think anyone would call him on it. It was a post to show that he was still in the game doing...something.

There are time and instances where Wes wants us to post our locations, in this case, during battles and such are good times for that or during shore leave.

This also helps those of us with Tech Characters, had you mentioned what deck or area your character was in - then it would've been possible for either myself, Sean, or even Toshiro's character to investigate the cause of gravity lose.

That said, it's unimportant right now since we are on the ground and fighting against NMX...

Gabriel, the Flayers are in the distance still on the factory side of the hill and Mango is in the river bed on the Eucharis side of the hill, so the Flayers shouldn't be visible yet. Also, how did you inject Mango? She's in a Mindy armor still (though it does have a hole where her bladder is).

The Flayers I was unaware of. With the injection, let's just say that Ramiro assumed he should use the wound as an injection point.

Unforunately, Tylium and Sean had to be booted for inactivity. Their characters Nathaniel and Junko are now on the YSS Vesper (one of the other ships in the Eucharis' squadron) in case their players return.

I'm afraid that Armundo wasn't in a Power Amour. He was wearing infantry armor and a helmet. Unless I am mistaken, he's too large to fit inside a Mindy suit.

What was that man doing without armor, a Daisy or MCAS could have been set up for him,

Editing my post

RPG-D RPGfix
Back