• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at stararmy@gmail.com or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Amaryllis, in case you were already posting, I made an edit to my post so make sure to read it and make any change syou feel are needed to your post (if you post before seeing this)

Edit:

Since I try not to double post, if I overstepped my bounds in my latest post (IE: Ordering Koga to get an aether generator and such) then let me know so I don't repeat that mistake in the future.

Please use the terms on the wiki to refer to internal compartments. I can't tell if you mean the shuttle bay or the back of the cargo bay when you say vehicle bay. Same with storage bay. Do you mean the storage area over the power armor bay or the cargo bay?

Also I wanted to let you guys know there is a real possibility of losing the ship this mission, so your efforts are helping prevent that.

Also I will try to get some infantry action soon.

East Westchester said:
just a heads-up/warning, as soon as my character gets created/approved, im going to join this plot.
I won't take you if you post with grammar like that.

Speaking of graviton beams and shuttles, couldn’t the shuttles emit a few graviton beams of their own for the same effect as a starship using a graviton beam? If not, are they equipped with grappling hooks? If so, why not use the grappling hooks? If not, is it in any way possible to use the shuttle pods to hold the ship up while another comes in with its tractor beam?

The shuttles are, unfortunately, not equipped to tow anything. Although that's a useful idea!

Well just because you’re not equipped to do a job doesn’t mean you can't do it. You could set like most of the shuttles on remote control, get them to the bottom of the ship, and have them fly straight up. That will, theoretically, get the ship moving up again. Or, assuming the ship’s far enough from the ground, swipe the engines from all of the shuttles and attach them to the outside and remotely use them to keep the ship from crashing (assuming you have enough time and that the shuttles can push the ship upwards in the first place).

The ship has three shuttles, but there's no telling how many of those were damaged. It's a good idea, but I don't think the shuttles are capable of being remotely controlled, never seen it actually done in the roleplay.

Then again, it might be possible, but the wiki doesn't make mention of it.

i swear, this is just like picard/janeway asking la'forge/torres and when the options are presented, they argue over them.

what about the other option, extracting the engines and using those? rthe only parts of the shuttles that have to be intact are the engines, nothing more.

edit to avoid multiposting: better yet, dont the shuttles also have some sort of antigravity generators, similar to the cruiser? again, that option only requires one part per shuttle to be done.

Chris said he was still interested in the plot so I retconned away Haku's horrible death. However, I need to see some posts from him.

Remember the posting guidelines:

Post at least once every 2 days. If you do not, your character may be NPCed. Not posting for over a week means your character may have bad things happen to him/her.

Trying to mount the shuttle engines while falling through the atmosphere and the re-entry heat not really an option.

Technologically shuttles can be run remotely, they have an IES system on-board.

But look at the size of the shuttle to the Eucharis.

the size is why i was suggesting using all of the shuttles, however having found out that there are only three (not dozens) I realized that it wouldn't do much good without, oh, about 37 additional shuttles.

edit:

Cora said:
"Hi there, EmergencymedicaltechnicianHakujouHakushigladtomeetyoutoo. Now let me look at your injuries." She said in such a fast ramble that it almost sounded like one long mishmash of nonsense.

I personally would love to hear that jumble of mishmash in real life.

Hey, about the piece of debris that the ship is headed towards, couldn't we just shoot it, or is there something causing the weapons not to work? If there is ANY antimatter in the reserves, the weapons should be able to fire at least ONE shot.

Saw this trick in Star Fox Assault, where the Great Fox shot a massive piece of space debris as it crashed. It took a lot less damage.

Ship is not heading towards them. They are coming down from above. and they are large enough that remaining top cannons wouldn't vaporize them or really bother them. They are bigger than the ship.

Because we are trying to slow the ship, speeding it up is a risk,

Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…