Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

We're going to assume Ashgame and Neonphoenix's characters (Aoi and Armundo) aren't part of the crew for this mission since they haven't posted in a long time. Please don't put them in the away team.

In my side of SARP, I've had a post directly addressing one of my players. I'm waiting on him to furnish an answer before being able to move on timeline-wise.

If Hanako appears in the middle of a debriefing discussion, it's going to be a bit hard to give her a greeting that will support suspension of disbelief with the gravity of the things that are being unveiled and all. Pacing things a bit might allow that to flow more smoothly.

Thanks for your patience. :)

I'm assuming the Hoshi is not part of the away team, as Wes had Hanako decide to visit it. However, if I'm wrong please let me know.

Right, we are stopping by the Hoshi but the away team is going to head to the surface soon. Two things for the ship to do at once, lol.

I'm trying to find the complement of armors for my post, but it seems the load out is already assigned, but I also remember someone making a list of extra equipment which isn't on the wiki. I'm asking if anyone else has seen it, since otherwise Hakujou'd be going on an away mission with her lab coat as armor.

There are 17 free sets of Mindy armor listed in the armor bay and 6 teleportation units in the armory. I think that's it, though. Still, that should be okay.

Hanako and Sune are back from their Miharu crossover. Please have your character give some input on whether we fight at Nataria or Yamatai.

Wes, you mislabeled Hanako's rank as Taisa on your last post.

Also, might I point out that if the NMX are busy chipping away at Hoshi no Iori, their progress should not have been much closer if they wanted to fight it more safely from afar (HnI is too massive to dodge - while if they're far they can avoid even beam attacks). You might want to not budge the progress for now.

I'd also would like time for my plot to arrive and contribute too. >_>

I had figured most of the fighting would be done in or near orbit. The NMX progress will slow/halt as Yui has the defense fleet deploy from their hiding spot.

*kicks legs* Kotori won't be able to use her ruse if things happen too quickly. She needs her fleet into Yamatai's gravity first for it to work.

*wishes his players would post faster*

Amaryllis, welcome aboard! Due to the battle, Hanako cannot leave but you are welcome to have her come uo to the bridge to report in. Please make the appropriate tweaks to your post.

My last post may not be entirely perfect as it was written on a touch screen.

Are you sure you want to fire the main cannon with planet Yamatai and friendly forces on the other side of the NMX fleet, Gabriel?

Here's a basic diagram of the battle. We are hitting the NMX fleet from behind.

Attachments

• Battle of Yamatai diagram.webp
    Battle of Yamatai diagram.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 57
Just one of my observations as an Engineering guy from another plotship.
Code:
TO: Engineering

We need as much damage to the engines repaired that you can. We're on our way to intercept drop ships and speed is our only advantage.
I smiled when I read that. I don't think you need to mention that to the engineers. I think they'd be busting their butts off trying to fix an engine fire of all things!

RPG-D RPGfix
Back