Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

Riko: Make sure to update the crew page on the wiki to show which cabin you're in. At this point I think we're all sharing cabins due to the limited number of beds, and it's good to know who your roommate is.

Love the avatar Riko, been awhile since I seen anything related to Battlefield 2142. Though honestly I am a PAC player lol. Forgot to update it myself. I took over number four since it was empty at the time.

thanks demibear,though i hate to say it never knew what it was from till you pointed it out.

and updated, i took room two, 1. it was empty and 2. Was instructed to via Sune

Yeah, good game at the time. Though I knew something was off with the cat ears on the helmet lol.

Code:

Physics	
Type	Small iron/silicate
Radius	4270.19 km   (0.67 x earth)
Surface Area	2.29 x 108 km2
Land Area	1.44 x 108 km2   (0.97 x earth)
Mass	1.79 x 1024 kg   (0.30 x earth)
Density	5.50 g/cm3   (1.00 x earth)
Composition	43.6% iron, 24.6% silicon, 22.1% oxygen, 7.2% magnesium, 1.3% other metals, 1.3% other elements
Gravimetry	
Gravity	6.53 m/s2   (0.67 x earth)
Escape Velocity	7.47 km/s
Rotation	
Period	21.59 hours
Axis Tilt	16.97 °
Hydrosphere	
Water	38 %
Ice	15 %
Atmosphere	
Type	Standard breathable
Pressure	82.52 kPa   (0.81 x earth)
Composition	76.7% nitrogen, 12.4% oxygen, 7.7% argon, 3.2% carbon dioxide, trace other gases
Climate	
Type	Cool
Min Temp	226 K   (-46 °C)
Avg Temp	293 K   (20 °C)
Max Temp	323 K   (50 °C)
Biosphere	
Chemistry	Carbon
Lifeforms	Prokaryotic microbes, plants

Attachments

• h planet globe.gif
    h planet globe.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 143
  • h planet.gif
    h planet.gif
    87.7 KB · Views: 143
We will be assembling two away teams. Since there is a good chance that we will find an enemy presence on the planet we are preparing for that eventuality.

Alpha team to is going to prepare for launch an assault on the base. The secondary objective of Alpha team will be to keep any enemy forces busy to provide an opportunity for Beta team to infiltrate and get

Beta team is charged with identifying any enemy installations before we head down to the surface, and to see if they can determine if a clone of Ketsurui Hanako is present.

Beta team: Klein-Shosa will be in command of it, Nayacesen-Shoi, Tachihara and Kurita-Hei are also assigned to Beta team. This combination should help them get in, find the target, and get out.

The rest of you will be on Alpha team with me. If there are hostiles we are going to drop to the surface in our power armors. We will coat them with a stealth coating, and drop down in a low energy descent to avoid detection.

Once we hit the ground our first objective, will be reconnaissance. We will need to provide data for Beta team so they can make their approach. After the recon, we regroup, signal Beta team and then do our best to keep the squids busy.

Which shuttle is each team in?

2 Kuma T8 Multi-role Shuttle (1A versions) NG-X1-408-8, NG-X1-408-9
1 Raccoon T7 Transport Shuttle NG-X1-408-10 Telemachus IV

To my knowledge only the Kuma was rigged with stealth. The original plan was for us to drop from orbit. So in light of the change of the Eucharis not going into orbit.

I would say that Alpha team will use their armors to approach, they are covered in stealth material and if they step out while the Eucharis is approaching, they can use inertia to get them to upper orbit and then make their descent.

After going through the entire mission thread

Shuttle Bay

Once in the shuttle bay, Helen opened the hatch to the modified Kuma, before stepping in and heading to the systems operator station, where she went about conducting a full check of the shuttle systems in preparation for departure.

That is the only reference to a shuttle being modified. Alpha team was not supposed to be using a shuttle. So Wes unless you are going to say that the Telemachus was also "auto-magically" modified. Alpha team is not going to use the Shuttle. We'll approach the planet per our agreed plan.

Nah, we'll stick with what was RPed.

@Everyone: Please update your character bios in the next 48 hours to include the latest history.

I have a plot audit due Saturday so I am going to be checking activity. Remember, our guidelines are to post at least once every two days (preferably at least once a day). If your character doesn't have a post in the last seven days, they become likely to be transferred or die horribly. By noon Saturday.

Alpha team launching. Sorry, work has been a real pain this week. Fortunately it is getting better. So I will be able to post more often

Wes, need to know what the speed of the Eucharis was when we stepped out. Gives me an idea of our residual speed.

It would be pretty low, since we were standing still until we started getting shot at.

Tanka_001
Alpha team is not yet making planet fall. We stepped out and according to Wes said we're a ways out. So we have to get to the orbit then descend.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back