Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Eucharis Discussion

?
??
????

Ok, when did Victory decide to take the shuttle, and why did she assume Hakujou'd know about it? I don't see anything in the last five pages about either her or it.

Since Haku is still on the ship, can you post her getting Sune back into the action?

Wouldn't that prevent them from getting rest?

The best way to fix the hand might be to use healing blood injections. However, this would not be compatible with his cybernetics. So maybe leave his hand in a bowl healing blood or surgically replace it with a flesh or cybernetic hand created separately.

I guess it might, but the description doesn't say anything about it specifically impeding rest. It says it induces a state of calmness which I figure would help resting. It says it stimulates the Dorsolateral Frontal Cortex which Google tells me largely shuts down during sleep, but it also says for some it remains active and influences how people experience dreams by doing so. It seems to shutdown because it doesn't need to be active when you sleep, but it being inactive isn't necessary for sleep. I didn't look too much into it. inb4 someone makes me look silly :P

She could also point out that alcohol makes you feel warmer, but does not actually warm your body and can increase likelihood of hypothermia since Bors just took some whiskey and offered her some saying it would warm her up.

Amaryllis said:
She could also point out that alcohol makes you feel warmer, but does not actually warm your body and can increase likelihood of hypothermia since Bors just took some whiskey and offered her some saying it would warm her up.

well that is true but hey its a psycological thing, and sometimes your brain just needs to think somethings.

Yes, but the drug's description says "Even when you are extremely cold you feel warm if you’re on Endurance" so why not take it instead if it doesn't impair your ability to rest/sleep?

Just trying to be helpful.
Konoka Miyazawa said:
kersploded
Nice wording. It certainly sounds Konoka-ish.

I'd imagine that in the future we would be able to make stimulants that do not impair sleep (the US army is researching them right now), but just forget I said anything.

I am in Washington DC for training, not getting nearly as much free time as I thought I would. Trying to make up for it.

I'd sign up for that experiment. God knows the Army has used me in a large number of experiments I don't know about lol.

Amaryllis said:
I'd imagine that in the future we would be able to make stimulants that do not impair sleep (the US army is researching them right now), but just forget I said anything.

Well now i know what im doing for drill this weekend... ah well better than the nasal injected H1N1 vaccine.

I don't know why they can't go back to the old fashioned injections. Hate the nasal sprays lol.

Doctomoe says he's been slow posting due to personal issues. Please don't wait on Helen unless you have to. I don't want to spend all February on Planet H, lol.

However! With that said, this is a good character bonding time. Time to get to know each others' characters, especially for the newer characters.

Was going to wait until Demi and Khas posted, but after three days, posted anyway :(

(Send's a Plumeria Class Gunship to hunt down Demibear and Khasidal :D )

e logged a service note in the Engineering queue to have the Ks-MIES-E3013 checked once they were out of here. It was obviously not working properly since the scout was able to approach the star system undetected, and was not running stealth when it emerged.
I don't see how it failed it any way based on the RP. The enemy ship arrived by space fold.

That is easy, because the Eucharis is equipped with the following sensors.

Ks-MIES-E3013 Subspace Mass Detector
Range of 20 LY
Faster than light

Ks-MIES-E3022 Hyperspace Tracking
Range of 20+ LY
Faster than light detection

The E3013 would track an uncloaked CFS ship, and the E3022 would detect the fold ship approaching.

We had no notice except when the scout ship was dropping out of fold, hence our sensors are obviously not operating according to specs,

And we similarly had no advance warning of the earlier NMX fleet arrive, ergo same, our equipment is not working. Because neither time were the ships arriving in cloak.

Plumerias are useless, you need get dirty and send a commando squad after me lol. But I apologize for that, busy week. Will calm down next week I hope.

What type of communication is Ramiro sending out? Please specify.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back