Star Army

Star ArmyⓇ is a landmark of forum roleplaying. Opened in 2002, Star Army is like an internet clubhouse for people who love roleplaying, art, and worldbuilding. Anyone 18 or older may join for free. New members are welcome! Use the "Register" button below.

Note: This is a play-by-post RPG site. If you're looking for the tabletop miniatures wargame "5150: Star Army" instead, see Two Hour Wargames.

• If you were supposed to get an email from the forum but didn't (e.g. to verify your account for registration), email Wes at [email protected] or talk to me on Discord for help. Sometimes the server hits our limit of emails we can send per hour.
  • Get in our Discord chat! Discord.gg/stararmy
  • 📅 July 2024 is YE 46.5 in the RP.

OOC Fifth Fleet: The Unluckies

Good to have you Gryal and hope we can keep you interested here at the Fifth. Not much is going to be happening over the next few days, but I figure I'll post my character up outside the door instead of going inside in case anyone wants to work up some chatter. So, if anything interesting pops up from that feel free to come back out and join in.

Oh by the way Gryal, when we are in a combat mission there is no set post order but it is considered that you should post once per GM post - there are some cases where you might post more but they don't happen too often. The current chapter though doesn't have any posting rules for the moment though. As long as you got somebody responding you can post as often as you like.

Don't think Brandon will leave the room, doesn't quite fit for his personality to go talk to people before being introduced. But it's good to know about the posting order, thanks :)

Hey, it's great to have you, Gryal! From what I've read of your posts so far, it looks like you're off to a promising start.

As for the RP, well, I'll try to post tomorrow - Sunday or Monday at the latest.

Welcome to the show - it's always great to have new people show up, though I note Kyoshiro hasn't said hello in here quite yet.

I'm the Co-Game Master of the plot, and I'll do my ruddy best to be your guide through all the misadventures we'll be having! My focus is to try and flesh things out and adding detail to the setting as we go along, while Kai will be the one primarily moving us and the plot forward. In general, I'll be the one to try and point out certain setting elements, since there's a lot to take in.

Hey everyone! Sorry for taking so long to make an intro post here. I just started a new job this week and have been getting used to the schedule. This plot looks like a lot of fun and you guys look like a fun crew to roll with. I look forward to seeing you guys out there! :D

Pleasure to meet you all, and here's to hoping I don't mess up when I inevitably have to sew your bits back in place! :D

So...I'm looking at the squad thread at what CadetNewb just posted and feel like I have been backed into a corner. You know that feeling when you see a trap and you know it's a trap? Oh well no choice left but to dive in!! XD

I get that odd feeling where every choice is a bad choice. Brandon's fresh out of boot camp though so... orders be orders, and talking back is not encouraged.

Yeah I know what you mean. The unfortunate thing is I have to play my character. So that means not always doing the smart thing.

Hey, Kyoshiro, nice to have you around. A lot of people forget (or "forget") to remember that their character won't always do the smart thing, so you bring up a good point.

On my end I'm going to be very surprised if Aya doesn't do at least one dumb thing by the time we wrap things up. :p

Brett has a pretty good point.

Always having your own characters make the best decisions, humorously enough, isn't always the best decision, and not only that, but it's often not even In Character most of the times. Always making the right decisions gets old. The thing about our characters making 'bad decisions' or 'making mistakes' is that they're fun. Really. They're fun. Look at Fairly Oddparents for an example; if Timmy wasn't a stupid kid, we'd be watching a perfect mary sue glide through life, and watching a show like that'd get boring. Fast. No havoc, mayhem and adventure. Even with my own character, Sif, you'll see her make mistakes - its just that hers are of a very different nature. So always keep that in mind, and BEWARE THE SUE!

She's a cosmic force threatening to consume us all....

Well, Brandon's finally annoyed enough that it pushes more than his self-preservation instinct. Amusingly enough, Sif's taunts are actually pretty accurate in his case - he's not a good fighter.

Which brings us back to the subject of mistakes - but while I'd like to add more to the discussion, I have little insight to give.

Last edited:
My grandfather's just passed away, so this coming week will be a bit hectic. I will try to post at somewhat normal intervals if I can, however.

Alright guys! I have posted a wall of text. if you haven't figured it out, use Kai or April's power armor page as a template to figure out what loadout you guys all want, and save it either to your character's page, or a separate Wiki page. None of you will be getting upgraded electronics, so just put down AIES (where April and Kai have the PAWN and FATE respectively). Once done, just PM it to me and I'll let you know if it is acceptable or not. You may submit it to Kai in character if you'd like. Also, I would like to encourage you all to talk to one another about what kind of loadouts you want ICly, so that we have complimentary setups instead of just a bunch of people going for all-out assault loads or whatever.

thanks!

My grandfather's just passed away, so this coming week will be a bit hectic. I will try to post at somewhat normal intervals if I can, however.

I'm really sorry to hear that, Kai. I wish you all the best.

Unfortunately, I won't be able to post until Friday due to an unexpected trip.

I took a (very quick) look at the list of equipment for Squad XIII provided in the latest GM post. I feel almost spoilt for choice! In fact, I'm kind of at a loss for what would be optimal for Aya's role (i.e. demolitions), particularly as I don't want to accidentally encroach on the other characters' niches.

If it's not too much trouble, could someone suggest items that would be appropriate? I feel kind of bad asking though, since I imagine Kai would prefer for us to do it ourselves.

RPG-D RPGfix
Back